Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had some car break-ins recently in our neighborhood and even had four cars stolen in one night two weeks ago in West Knoxville. It seems like we are being cased constantly as suspicious cars keep getting caught on neighbors’ cameras circling slowly around the neighborhood multiple times. Anyone have any creative ideas to catch/deter these bastages? We have a lot of neighbors with cameras and have a neighborhood Facebook page to share info.
Rusty nails

Maybe, but the discussion is the value Dobbs and Shuler brought to their teams. Remember the teams UT fielded before Dobb’s led us to two 8-4 seasons. Not much better than the dismal 2017 season.
No the discussion is TALENT LEVEL. I don’t disparage Dobbs talent and you claim Shuler is the result of hype and is merely solid. He made his teams better.

No the discussion is TALENT LEVEL. I don’t disparage Dobbs talent and you claim Shuler is the result of hype and is merely solid. He made his teams better.
Arm strength was hype. I was following the reports at the time. Shuer was a good solid Qb and brought value to the team but was not great by any means. Donna was not a great Qb either but was a great playmaker. One of the top 5 in the country his last two years.

Last edited:
We have had some car break-ins recently in our neighborhood and even had four cars stolen in one night two weeks ago in West Knoxville. It seems like we are being cased constantly as suspicious cars keep getting caught on neighbors’ cameras circling slowly around the neighborhood multiple times. Anyone have any creative ideas to catch/deter these bastages? We have a lot of neighbors with cameras and have a neighborhood Facebook page to share info.
A junkyard dog and a good electric fence and collar set to where it can roam your yard but can’t get out of it.

Shuler was certainly a better pure athlete than Dobbs. Dobbs open field vision and ability to almost never take a direct hit once he escaped the pocket were elite. But he didn't have elite speed, quickness, vertical, strength or arm strength athleticism.
Dobbs was a better runner and could escape tackles easier.

Arm strength was hype. I was following the reports at the time. Shaker was Sa good solid Qb and brought value to the team but was not great by any means. Donns was not a great Qb either but was a great playmaker. One of the top 5 in the country his last two years.
What “reports”? And why weren’t they available to anyone but yourself. And did you just have a stroke? 🤨

What “reports”? And why weren’t they available to anyone but yourself. And did you just have a stroke? 🤨
Typo’s corrected. Every time I type in Dobbs it is being auto corrected to Donna or Donn for some reason. Frustrating. I watched or read the ESPN report about Shuler throwing 50 yards on one knee and then a few months later the draft report stated he had less than average NFL arm strength. I was disappointed in hearing that at the time because being a UT fan I had bought into the hype. It’s been 25 years.

Saints and Titans are my teams... Saints always, but then when TN got a pro team, I had to pull for them...

After closing watching so far this year and looking at the games all last season, the Saints are a secondary away from beating everyone's arse... Their secondary is absolutely pathetic, and has been for several years... their offense and run defense gets them out of games... watch games and other teams closely like tonight already... Raiders can't run, but they've figured out to just toss it down field and someone will be open... again, pathetic.

Can't believe I'm saying this because he's my favorite player--- I wish just for once, Kamara would turn up field for another 3-4 yards instead of running out of bounds every chance he gets so that he doesn't get hit... there, I said it...

Typo’s corrected. Every time I type in Dobbs it is being auto corrected to Donna or Donn for some reason. Frustrating. I watched or read the ESPN report about Shuler throwing 59 yards on one knee and then a few months later the draft report stated he had less than average NFL arm strength. I was disappointed in hearing that at the time because being a UT fan I had bought into the hype.
Can you produce that report or was it isolated? Have never heard that allegation and it doesn’t represent the reality I witnessed. Ball hummed. I’d put his arm strength in top 2 in Vol QB history...over Peyton’s who managed to overcome what must have been less than “less than average NFL arm strength” if your yahoo’s report was accurate.

Can you produce that report or was it isolated? Have never heard that allegation and it doesn’t represent the reality I witnessed. Ball hummed. I’d put his arm strength in top 2 in Vol QB history...over Peyton’s who managed to overcome what must have been less than “less than average NFL arm strength” if your yahoo’s report was accurate.
After 25 years and before the internet really got started? No, I’m not going to look for it. But I do remember the bottom line. The 50 yard story was at the beginning of the season and of course the draft report was a few months later in the spring. It disappointed me significantly because I thought at the time that Shuler was going to be the next Montana with one of the strongest arms in NFL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back