Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it alone...seriously...doing that would be pure stupidity. It isn't any of yours, mine or anybody elses business who I am, and it isn't yours, mine or anybody elses business who AtlantaVol is. 😡

I hope the mods jump all.over anybody that does that.
No chance I'd ever actually do it. Just **** that pops up in my head

It’s been an amazing rise for clay travis. The man that questioned tebows virginity at sec media days to the single more important savior of big10 football in 2020.

Wow he might be the most powerful Media guy in sports now. Crazy rise
If he wasn't such a pompus ass about EVERYTHING, I would really like him. His schtick was funny when he was on 104.5, going back to the Clay-Nation days when his show was on at like 7-8p. He was smart, funny, arrogant, but not too arrogant that it was repugnant...now...he just loves himself way too much.

But he's rarely wrong. He just reminds you of it a million times over to the point that I don't listen to him anymore.

Looks like we found the female Dan Wolken, and it isn't a pretty image. She doesn't think highly of the SEC but definitely does think very highly of herself.

For decades, the Big Ten has thought of itself as a different kind of sports conference, one that proudly touts the academic achievements and Great Lakes values of its like-minded, highly-regarded, internationally-ranked research institutions. The Big Ten wasn’t the SEC; it wasn’t the Big 12. It was better than that, and it was happy to tell you all about it.
As proof, one only had to look at the conference’s prudent August decision to shut down fall sports in the midst of the global pandemic. It was only natural that the Big Ten would follow the Ivy League, and that the Pac-12 would follow the Big Ten. It was a tough decision, heartbreaking and costly, but it was the right one.
That’s the Big Ten for you, concerned about science, medicine and safety. Let the football factories of the SEC, Big 12 and ACC (Clemson’s playground) continue playing; the Big Ten was doing the right thing looking out for its student-athletes, treating them almost no differently than the student body at large, and that was all that mattered.

Then came Wednesday, the darkest day in Big Ten sports history, the day the vaunted conference caved. It choked. It got scared. It became the SEC.

And she manages to blame Nebraska and the president specifically along the way for good measure.

This is the Nebraska-ization of the Big Ten. Who would have thought that when Nebraska and Ohio State and a few of the league’s other squeakiest wheels started whining about missing out on football, the Big Ten presidents would buckle rather than stand up to them?

Or, we could call it the Trumpeting of the Big Ten. It was just two weeks ago that Trump, desperate to win votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, told the conference to play football. Originally, the league stood its ground. Rutgers president Jonathan Holloway aptly called it “cheap politics.” But wouldn’t you know, the university presidents ended up following right along, giving Trump exactly what he wanted.

Well, I do agree with her on something.

While much of the blame for the awful about-face goes to the university presidents who chose money and football over sanity and caution, new Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren also contributed greatly to this public relations nightmare. This is a man who clearly is in way over his head. The poor guy was outmaneuvered by a few loud-mouth football coaches, for heaven’s sake. No matter how he explains it, it’s clear that he and the league flip-flopped so Ohio State can try to win a national title and the league can still make lots of money off the backs of 18-to-22-year-olds in the middle of a pandemic.

Big Ten football decision marks darkest day in conference's history

My gf and I were going to Gulf Shores next week but the beaches are closed for 10 days and I had to cancel my reservations. I was planning on popping the question and I don’t know when we can reschedule 😔.

Just do it. Don't wait for a trip. I waited until i could take my wife on a scheduled trip, and looking back i should have just gone ahead when i was ready and had the ring. GO FOR IT TODAY!

Can't wait to see him and Wideman! Those are the two I picked when we did the question about which two at the beginning of summer. Excited now about Beckwith and Baron after...the very limited....talk about fall camp. Which ones of the new recruits are y'all excited to see after the news from the last few weeks? Bailey is a given.

I’m REALLY excited about Hyatt and then also Beckwith. It’ll be interesting to see how they use him since he is so versatile

They could use Hyatt like they did with the Alabama wide receivers last year. Just throw a quick slant and let him take off or throw it deep. He could be a REAL weapon for us

Looks like we found the female Dan Wolken, and it isn't a pretty image. She doesn't think highly of the SEC but definitely does think very highly of herself.

For decades, the Big Ten has thought of itself as a different kind of sports conference, one that proudly touts the academic achievements and Great Lakes values of its like-minded, highly-regarded, internationally-ranked research institutions. The Big Ten wasn’t the SEC; it wasn’t the Big 12. It was better than that, and it was happy to tell you all about it.
As proof, one only had to look at the conference’s prudent August decision to shut down fall sports in the midst of the global pandemic. It was only natural that the Big Ten would follow the Ivy League, and that the Pac-12 would follow the Big Ten. It was a tough decision, heartbreaking and costly, but it was the right one.
That’s the Big Ten for you, concerned about science, medicine and safety. Let the football factories of the SEC, Big 12 and ACC (Clemson’s playground) continue playing; the Big Ten was doing the right thing looking out for its student-athletes, treating them almost no differently than the student body at large, and that was all that mattered.

Then came Wednesday, the darkest day in Big Ten sports history, the day the vaunted conference caved. It choked. It got scared. It became the SEC.

And she manages to blame Nebraska and the president specifically along the way for good measure.

This is the Nebraska-ization of the Big Ten. Who would have thought that when Nebraska and Ohio State and a few of the league’s other squeakiest wheels started whining about missing out on football, the Big Ten presidents would buckle rather than stand up to them?

Or, we could call it the Trumpeting of the Big Ten. It was just two weeks ago that Trump, desperate to win votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, told the conference to play football. Originally, the league stood its ground. Rutgers president Jonathan Holloway aptly called it “cheap politics.” But wouldn’t you know, the university presidents ended up following right along, giving Trump exactly what he wanted.

Well, I do agree with her on something.

While much of the blame for the awful about-face goes to the university presidents who chose money and football over sanity and caution, new Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren also contributed greatly to this public relations nightmare. This is a man who clearly is in way over his head. The poor guy was outmaneuvered by a few loud-mouth football coaches, for heaven’s sake. No matter how he explains it, it’s clear that he and the league flip-flopped so Ohio State can try to win a national title and the league can still make lots of money off the backs of 18-to-22-year-olds in the middle of a pandemic.

Big Ten football decision marks darkest day in conference's history
It might be subtle but the sentence "poor guy got outmaneuvered by a few loud-mouth football coaches, for heaven's sake" just makes her sentiment and elitism crystal clear. She basically just said how did the Big10 commissioner get out smarted by these idiots running around in loin cloths hitting people with clubs as of football is so beneath her ideal society. What a joke of a "journalist" that wants so badly to portray that she is smarter than the peons in society. When in fact she is portraying exactly what is destroying, not enlightening, society these days: lack of civil discourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back