Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my Dad's first year of his passing. Miss him more than I ever have. So Sorry to hear this. Much prayers.

I can't imagine that I'll ever get over the loss of mine.

One thing is for sure...get as many pictures and especially videos of your loved ones as possible. I just found a video of my mom and dad dancing, singing, and laughing together in their living room from about 4 years ago that I took. At the time it was just amusing so I wanted to record it, but now it's an absolute treasure. It's got my dad's laugh in it, which was really unique and contagious. I've always heard that people eventually forget what their parents' voices and laughter sounded like, so I'm glad I have that.

I'm torn up over the lack of voice mails from my dad. I only have a few on my phone. But then I remembered that it's because I almost always answered right away when he called.

Do u think he is literally jim chaney?

Could be!..but who in the H E double Hockey Sticks (LL) are you to say he isn’t? And for the record,he’s the all seeing eye on here,so I hope he responds and gives your doubts some clarity....Respectfully earned yourself some Double Gauldens 🖕🏽😁🖕🏽

1600198841433.gif

Always let your loved ones know how much you love them. My mom passed in her sleep last night. Still waiting to hear what happened. She was only 56. My step dad rolled over to check on her and she was gone. His mom passed a month ago too. I’m ready for some Vol football to end this sh** year.
Brother, I know this hurts very much and I am truly sorry for all of you. May the Lord above wrap all of you in His loving arms as you say until I see you again to your precious mom.

I can't imagine that I'll ever get over the loss of mine.

One thing is for sure...get as many pictures and especially videos of your loved ones as possible. I just found a video of my mom and dad dancing, singing, and laughing together in their living room from about 4 years ago that I took. At the time it was just amusing so I wanted to record it, but now it's an absolute treasure. It's got my dad's laugh in it, which was really unique and contagious. I've always heard that people eventually forget what their parents' voices and laughter sounded like, so I'm glad I have that.

I'm torn up over the lack of voice mails from my dad. I only have a few on my phone. But then I remembered that it's because I almost always answered right away when he called.
Good friend of mine lost his dad to cancer back in high school. He had one voice mail on his phone from his dad telling him he loved him. Was all he had for awhile. Eventually it came time to get a new phone, so he got the audio wavelength of that voicemail tattooed on his arm. Have always thought that to be one of the coolest tattoos ever. He's got his dad with him now - always.

Always let your loved ones know how much you love them. My mom passed in her sleep last night. Still waiting to hear what happened. She was only 56. My step dad rolled over to check on her and she was gone. His mom passed a month ago too. I’m ready for some Vol football to end this sh** year.
Sorry..that's rough.

Quavaris Crouch:
I feel like we have all been doing a good job of adapting to what has come.
on his physical difference:
I actually lost weight. This year, I cut down a little it. I wanted to be more lean so I could move sideline-to-sideline.
on playing ILB:
I feel like I still have a long way to go, but I go out here every day trying to get better. My role is to help the team in any way I can.
You're kind of like the QB of the defense. Putting everyone in the right spots and being ready to go.
on possibly playing RB:
It's the most exciting thing. When I played RB in HS, I loved getting into the box [end zone].
on chemistry with Henry T:
He's a great guy. I love him.
He pushes me by bringing a certain energy every day. He brings a certain toughness - I try and match it.
I came from a spot where I had a lot of athletic ability and I just wanted to play.
Now, it's about learning the concepts and the front & alignment. Becoming a better LB.
Without Henry, I don't think I'd be in position to play. I'm so grateful for him. We build outside of football. He is my brother.
Because of that relationship, it becomes easier on the field.
We love the grill. We are always having cookouts for the ILBs.
on playing in a game:
I'm eager. We are super excited for the opportunity to play. Even when we didn't know if we were playing, we were still working hard.
We are ready to go out there and get a win.

So sorry to hear. Lost my dad less than two weeks ago and my wife's dad passed away in early July. I kinda laughed off the "2020 is the year from hell" thing initially but damn if it isn't true.
This year is so weird...lost my Mom and Father in law both mid 70s plus five other 70+ year old long time family friends this year. And no..none of em died from the Virus..It is just a rough year for Boomers and their families.

Good friend of mine lost his dad to cancer back in high school. He had one voice mail on his phone from his dad telling him he loved him. Was all he had for awhile. Eventually it came time to get a new phone, so he got the audio wavelength of that voicemail tattooed on his arm. Have always thought that to be one of the coolest tattoos ever. He's got his dad with him now - always.

That's awesome. I've got two poignant texts from my dad that I want to memorialize somehow--one on my birthday telling me he's proud of me and that he loves me, and another right before he died giving me tips on fatherhood.

The second one was actually somewhat chilling to receive because I thought it felt ominous, knowing he was about to go into surgery any day for the heart transplant. I had originally texted him a joke about something he used to do when my brother and I were kids and he came back with a text that felt like something he would have told me in his dying words.

I talked to him on the phone a few times after he sent that text, but that was legitimately the last text message he ever sent me.

Sorry man

That is definitely the Titans offense now. I mean...they signed freakin Tannehill long term if that tells you anything. Gonna PA pass, run rock, kill clock, try to scrape by a bunch of games. Risky strategy...but it's here
Maybe they coulda signed Brady

So sorry. Prayers for u and your family. Lost my Mom, over 4 years ago, it does get easier, but the hurt has still not gone completely away, don't think it ever will

So sorry for your loss. 56 is way too young.

Ok...that's freakin awesome.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back