Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac Jones is expected to be Alabama's QB this year (same guy that came in after Tua went down). They'll still be Alabama but it will be hard to replicate the production right away of Jeudy and Ruggs.
Yeah, but he was waay more manageable than Tua. They already had 21 points while Tua was in for just over a quarter. Bring on Mac Jones all day! Happy to play that guy haha

Reactions: UTSuave’
I’m having a football discussion in the football talk thread. Not sure why you’re upset and calling it “pushing”. Maybe talk to your doc about upping the dose on your paranoia pills
so far you’ve had discussion with yourself mostly. This is why I made the troll comment, because they always start making it personal when someone questions them. 😂

To be fair though, as the game ended, the UT student section was pretty obnoxious at him, with a 'F U, Muschamp' chant, so I didn't really blame him for the comment at the time. He's actually pretty humorous in most post game press conferences I have seen, and has always been respectful to UT. I just think in the heat of the moment while still on the field, with those chants still ringing in his ears, he was just taking a parting shot at those students chanting at him. Don't get me wrong; I love to poke fun at him because he does lose it on the sidelines about as colorfully as any coach in football, but I give him a pass on that comment.
It’s funny because both the Football and Men’s Basketball coaches at South Carolina are among the biggest sideline/bench maniacs in their respective sports.

Sitting on the scorer’s table directly behind Frank Martin and the SCar bench in TBA was one of the more uncomfortable experiences of my life.

While I get all that, it isn't "BCR". The author has admitted there could be a better/more complicated system, but BCR is just meant to be a quick and dirty, yet reliable, metric. It only goes off the last 4 recruiting classes (composite), no attrition. It won't matter if the 2017 guys stay or not, BCR is blind to all that.

But if it was turned into a wider metric, I'd guess the percentage would just go up of course anyway. As it stands, we are just 1 class away though.
The other problem with this particular class is that evaluations may be more volatile than normal and 2017 may not actually come off the books. I agree with everything you said though

Yeah, but he was waay more manageable than Tua. They already had 21 points while Tua was in for just over a quarter. Bring on Mac Jones all day! Happy to play that guy haha
I definitely agree. That game may be closer than many expect. Not discounting the Tua injury, but honestly, even last year the game was closer than anyone expected,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back