Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I'm absolutely heartbroken. My dad passed away from surgical complications early Wed. morning at Vanderbilt hospital. He had a heart transplant 17 years ago and had just received his second on Tuesday. The surgery went well but his valves were too fragile for the heart to properly connect to and they weren't able to get his bleeding under control.

I've never really shared much about my personal life on here but my dad was a huge reason why I'm a Vols fan. Our shared passion for the team was an amazing way for us to bond. We would constantly text each other about commitments and would always talk on the phone after games...if the Vols won. If they lost, we both needed a day or two to cool off before mentioning it, haha.

My wife and I are expecting our first child in 6 weeks. It would have been his first grandchild. He was so excited to meet him/her (we don't know the gender yet), and now he won't be able to. My brother said that he will be our child's guardian angel.

I've read so many posts about people losing loved ones in these threads over the years and they've always touched me. Because I've always known my dad's life expectancy was going to be cut short due to his health problems and transplant. He got a second chance at life in 2003 but he paid dearly for it. He had so many procedures and operations to keep him going afterward and he took an entire pharmacy's worth of pills 100 times over. But he never complained and just kept going. Unfortunately, he ran out of gas at a time when I needed him the most, but my family believes that he was simply too tired for another fight and that he was at peace knowing his family was in a good spot.

My wife sent this pic to me last night of the three of us at the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jan. 2015. We attended many games together over the years and it was an annual tradition to meet up for at least one. I'm going to miss the hell out of him and I will never be able to watch a Vols game without him thinking of him and wanting to call him afterward to get his thoughts. Hug your loved ones, guys.

View attachment 304336
Tragic! You can see the closeness in that pic. Best thoughts for you in dealing with this loss.

Guys I'm absolutely heartbroken. My dad passed away from surgical complications early Wed. morning at Vanderbilt hospital. He had a heart transplant 17 years ago and had just received his second on Tuesday. The surgery went well but his valves were too fragile for the heart to properly connect to and they weren't able to get his bleeding under control.

I've never really shared much about my personal life on here but my dad was a huge reason why I'm a Vols fan. Our shared passion for the team was an amazing way for us to bond. We would constantly text each other about commitments and would always talk on the phone after games...if the Vols won. If they lost, we both needed a day or two to cool off before mentioning it, haha.

My wife and I are expecting our first child in 6 weeks. It would have been his first grandchild. He was so excited to meet him/her (we don't know the gender yet), and now he won't be able to. My brother said that he will be our child's guardian angel.

I've read so many posts about people losing loved ones in these threads over the years and they've always touched me. Because I've always known my dad's life expectancy was going to be cut short due to his health problems and transplant. He got a second chance at life in 2003 but he paid dearly for it. He had so many procedures and operations to keep him going afterward and he took an entire pharmacy's worth of pills 100 times over. But he never complained and just kept going. Unfortunately, he ran out of gas at a time when I needed him the most, but my family believes that he was simply too tired for another fight and that he was at peace knowing his family was in a good spot.

My wife sent this pic to me last night of the three of us at the TaxSlayer Bowl in Jan. 2015. We attended many games together over the years and it was an annual tradition to meet up for at least one. I'm going to miss the hell out of him and I will never be able to watch a Vols game without him thinking of him and wanting to call him afterward to get his thoughts. Hug your loved ones, guys.

View attachment 304336

Sorry to hear that man. praying for you.

i think the WR's have a chance to be good, but that'll depend on how the rest of the offense does.....the big key is if they can run the ball or not. if htey can, that makes everything else easier. if they can't.....things get real interesting real fast.

defensively, i agree about their front 7, definitely strength of the team imo. and that should make the secondar look pretty good along the way....

but dont' get it twisted...i'm not saing UGA is gonna suck.

i'm just saying i think there is an open door for someone else in the East.

ehh you’re putting a lot of faith into their inexperienced OL,which has also inherited a new offense,adding to the fact they don’t even have a starting QB named less than a month out before their first game is pretty bad.WR are no good if you don’t have a QB who can throw it to them or a OL to protect him as we have seen the last damn decade...running the ball won’t happen either because of those two scenarios,every team will just load the box as we have also seen...Georgia’s defense will not last all season like this I promise..Georgia’s defense has a lot of pressure on them and they don’t even know it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetasSoda

View attachment 304336
Damn bro Im sorry..

View attachment 304336
Sorry for your loss. Great men in our lives make a huge difference. Remember the good times. Prayers to you and your family.

View attachment 304336
So sorry. Prayers for comfort for you and your family.

View attachment 304336
I’m heartbroken for you and your family. 😞

View attachment 304336

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like a wonderful man.

View attachment 304336

I’m so sorry. Praying that you can grieve properly. Hang in there, brother. You will get to share some amazing stories with your little one about how great of a man their grandfather was. Carry on that legacy!

View attachment 304336
I’m so sorry, brother. Prayers.

View attachment 304336
Dang that was tough to read. All I can offer is my prayers and you certainly have them.

View attachment 304336
So very sorry my friend. Prayers sent.

View attachment 304336
Goodness gracious I'm sorry for your loss. You'll feel his strength as you reach future milestones. He's proud of you.

View attachment 304336
I am sorry to hear about your Dad.The best thing about Tennessee football is the family memories it helps to create.Those are special and will be with you forever. Prayers for you and your family my Vol brother.

View attachment 304336
Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

I am sorry to hear about your Dad.The best thing about Tennessee football is the family memories it helps to create.Those are special and will be with you forever. Prayers for you and your family my Vol brother.

Not wrong. A lot of good memories of my childhood revolve around Tennessee Football, being in East Tennessee, of the fall in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back