Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the first day for a new reporting format from the TDPH on the coronavirus. I don’t yet know how this is going to affect the UT Dashboard or how much time they will invest to try to sort it out. The big change, quoted below, resulted in the active case count for the state dropping by more than half from yesterday to today, from 35,359 down to 16,163, a drop of 19,196. Many counties saw their active cases counts drop accordingly, by more than half. I think the transmission rate is tied to active case counts so this change in format may have the folks at UT scratching their head. TDPH reported 1,715 new cases today and from a base of presumably around 14,458 active cases yesterday so I’m guessing our Re numbers are going to be markedly different from what we have been seeing over the past 2 or 3 weeks, or at least I suspect they will be once someone can figure out the math. jmo.

TDH Updates Reporting Format for COVID-19 Cases

edit to add - this just in from the folks operating the UT Dashboard:

View attachment 304142

Hey what is up with that Wayne County? That just doesn't look right for that big of a spike. Hamilton final went green again that is good to see.

Hey what is up with that Wayne County? That just doesn't look right for that big of a spike. Hamilton final went green again that is good to see.

This was first reported about 3 days ago and I investigated. I was so livid in my comments I thought it best not to say anything until I had taken some time to cool down. I’m still pretty livid but I’ll try to refrain from going ballistic.

There’s a prison in Wayne county run by a private prison operator. A few days ago the medical director for the TDOC was touring the facility and noticed about a dozen people had Covid symptoms. The director ordered the prison operator to test everybody in the facility, inmates and staff alike. The testing revealed that essentially 100% of all staff and inmates were infected, around 1,200 people or so.

This was not the first prison in the state where this private operator completely screwed up. Obviously some people have died. The public relations person for the prison operator released a statement to the press reaffirming the prison operator’s commitment to the good health and safety of all those persons entrusted to their care.

It is at this point where I think it’s best if I don’t say too much more. I will say that in my opinion the Governor ought to throw the prison operator behind bars and put the inmates in charge of running the prison. I just can’t see how much more anyone could possibly screw up at doing their job. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back