Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

I am just now seeing this.

I am so sorry. Ashlee had 3 Neuro surgeries, including one to clean out meningitis and one to place her VP shunt. She has a benign tumor in her brain that she was born with that shrunk once they placed the shunt, thank God, but she has to get annual MRI's of her brain to ensure the shunt is still working and the tumor isn't growing.

...and I'm just sitting here taking a video of her saying the Lord's prayer for the first time, by memory. So miracles can and will happen.

We're not out of the woods but we're good. I count every day as a blessing...and constantly get flack for the way she melts this big guy's heart with just a look or smile.

You're in my prayers, @engineerVOL. I know that feeling all too well and it's not one I would wish on my worst enemy. I can't tell you how many times in her first year and a half on this Earth that I rocked her to sleep, crying like a baby, praying to God that I don't bury my child while also accepting His will, no matter the outcome. It's the hardest prayer to ever pray.

Prayers for you and your family, sir. Sincerely.
Have you seen the documentary on Netflix “Lennox hill”. Hope I’m not too forward but it’s very interesting and very inspiring.

Prayers for your little angel and your family.

@ob79 ... It does our family good to hear stories like this. Thank you! I remember Ashlee’s story very well. What a beautiful blessing she is! I’m a father as well and know you are the right man for the job. I keep telling my brother that.

It has felt hopeless. Some very providential things have happened in the background that can only be explained as “Yep God is up to something.”

He has some options for radiation but multiple neurosurgeons have pretty much given him no reason to think surgery is practical, so that sucks. Treatment (up to 6 mos) will likely be out of state.

My brother and SIL have allowed me to start a campaign for them that VN can follow and contribute to. I told him at the beginning that I wouldn’t hesitate to unleash the heart of VolNation🧡

Healing for Drew!, organized by Scott Warren

Last edited:
I am just now seeing this.

I am so sorry. Ashlee had 3 Neuro surgeries, including one to clean out meningitis and one to place her VP shunt. She has a benign tumor in her brain that she was born with that shrunk once they placed the shunt, thank God, but she has to get annual MRI's of her brain to ensure the shunt is still working and the tumor isn't growing.

...and I'm just sitting here taking a video of her saying the Lord's prayer for the first time, by memory. So miracles can and will happen.

We're not out of the woods but we're good. I count every day as a blessing...and constantly get flack for the way she melts this big guy's heart with just a look or smile.

You're in my prayers, @engineerVOL. I know that feeling all too well and it's not one I would wish on my worst enemy. I can't tell you how many times in her first year and a half on this Earth that I rocked her to sleep, crying like a baby, praying to God that I don't bury my child while also accepting His will, no matter the outcome. It's the hardest prayer to ever pray.

Prayers for you and your family, sir. Sincerely.
Still makes my eyes leak.

@ob79 ... It does our family good to hear stories like this. Thank you! I remember Ashlee’s story very well. What a beautiful blessing she is! I’m a father as well and know you are the right man for the job. I keep telling my brother that.

It has felt hopeless. Some very providential things have happened in the background that can only be explained as “Yep God is up to something.”

He has some options for radiation but multiple neurosurgeons have pretty much given him no reason to think surgery is practical, so that sucks. Treatment (up to 6 was) will likely be out of state.

My brother and SIL have allowed me to start a campaign for them that VN can follow and contribute to. I told him at the beginning that I wouldn’t hesitate to unleash the heart of VolNation🧡

Thank you for this update and testimony and opportunity to help! Just what I needed today!

He has some options for radiation but multiple neurosurgeons have pretty much given him no reason to think surgery is practical, so that sucks. Treatment (up to 6 mos) will likely be out of state.

If you don't mind, and if @Freak will allow it, could you repost the link in a few hours.

As usual, we appreciate your fully unbiased opinion.

And this is not a slight against BJ. He was a team player when he could have transferred. That is refreshing these days. I hope he has a great season.[/QUOTE

I talk to my nephew once or twice a week he told me he taking 1st team reps at slot.. He definitely could have transferred especially how things went in the last two seasons. He better than me because I would have transferred, but Pruitt and Chaney wanted him back but coaches tell you anything just to create depth. We will see what happens.

@Freak, could we start a thread with the link to donate for Drew and sticky it? I and probably others don’t want to forget to do it tonight or in the morning when, we have a little more time.

@Freak, could we start a thread with the link to donate for Drew and sticky it? I and probably others don’t want to forget to do it tonight or in the morning when, we have a little more time.
Also, let’s make sure we get @Atlanta VOL in on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back