Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely long camp this year and I hope Pruitt doesn’t back himself into a corner with a policy regarding covid that’s excessive. It’s just not realistic imo to expect those players to completely steer clear of college life for another month.

This 💯. Idk what’s so hard for some people to understand this? Were they not once 18-22?
I get
so pissed when one of them do something off the field to get suspended or kicked off the team.Its because I am sad because they are wasting an opportunity that 99 % of us would die for. I hate it for the kids because I know one day they will look back and regret it. I also have to remember how wild and crazy I was at that age. It brings me back into reality. I would have probably been worse than alot of them.

I did not say this as nicely yesterday, but until the facts come out, I think that speculation like this is unfair to the player. Plenty of time do be critical later as needed when more facts are known.
What other reasons for you think he would be off the team other than opting out due to Covid or because of a violation of team rules. I don't think he would quit because young guys are good.

Its a message board so speculation is expected. Even him not being apart of the team anymore is speculation. It might not be fair, but there has always been a lot of discussion about off field issues for Gibbs based off of his history at UGA.

I hesitated to provide an update on Drew. I don’t know why. I think because I was utterly rattled yesterday. I fasted all day and have never spent so much time in prayer. But seeing folks with the hashtag touched me. Here goes...

Drew had a 4-hr surgery on his spine and brain yesterday evening and afternoon. They sampled the tumor and installed a shunt to redirect the fluid buildup. We will wait for the pathology report, but early indications are not good. It appears to be in an extensive malignant process and a lot of spinal tumors are hard to operate on, and this type may not respond to chemo.

He was a shook little boy yesterday, but after he knocked the anaesthesia hangover, he told his dad that he believed God was bringing him closer to Him. How amazing is THAT! He has made a profession of faith, for that I rejoice.
This is the little boy you guys are praying for (taken two years ago in Neyland)...
View attachment 300902
🧡#LiftUpDrew🧡
I am just now seeing this.

I am so sorry. Ashlee had 3 Neuro surgeries, including one to clean out meningitis and one to place her VP shunt. She has a benign tumor in her brain that she was born with that shrunk once they placed the shunt, thank God, but she has to get annual MRI's of her brain to ensure the shunt is still working and the tumor isn't growing.

...and I'm just sitting here taking a video of her saying the Lord's prayer for the first time, by memory. So miracles can and will happen.

We're not out of the woods but we're good. I count every day as a blessing...and constantly get flack for the way she melts this big guy's heart with just a look or smile.

You're in my prayers, @engineerVOL. I know that feeling all too well and it's not one I would wish on my worst enemy. I can't tell you how many times in her first year and a half on this Earth that I rocked her to sleep, crying like a baby, praying to God that I don't bury my child while also accepting His will, no matter the outcome. It's the hardest prayer to ever pray.

Prayers for you and your family, sir. Sincerely.

Extremely long camp this year and I hope Pruitt doesn’t back himself into a corner with a policy regarding covid that’s excessive. It’s just not realistic imo to expect those players to completely steer clear of college life for another month.
This is an even more interesting yet dumbfounding post from you. Almost as bad as the self backpatting 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: swchandler1988
What was with the 'letusplay' movement?

What other reasons for you think he would be off the team other than opting out due to Covid or because of a violation of team rules. I don't think he would quit because young guys are good.

Its a message board so speculation is expected. Even him not being apart of the team anymore is speculation. It might not be fair, but there has always been a lot of discussion about off field issues for Gibbs based off of his history at UGA.
I just think we should wait to know more before running him down.

I am just now seeing this.

I am so sorry. Ashlee had 3 Neuro surgeries, including one to clean out meningitis and one to place her VP shunt. She has a benign tumor in her brain that she was born with that shrunk once they placed the shunt, thank God, but she has to get annual MRI's of her brain to ensure the shunt is still working and the tumor isn't growing.

...and I'm just sitting here taking a video of her saying the Lord's prayer for the first time, by memory. So miracles can and will happen.

We're not out of the woods but we're good. I count every day as a blessing...and constantly get flack for the way she melts this big guy's heart with just a look or smile.

You're in my prayers, @engineerVOL. I know that feeling all too well and it's not one I would wish on my worst enemy. I can't tell you how many times in her first year and a half on this Earth that I rocked her to sleep, crying like a baby, praying to God that I don't bury my child while also accepting His will, no matter the outcome. It's the hardest prayer to ever pray.

Prayers for you and your family, sir. Sincerely.
Cannot like this enough times! Humbling thoughts, ob! I don’t know you, but have such a deep respect for you. As a dad, I fully understand your tears and prayers. I thank God daily that my daughter has had 10 years of great health, and I pray daily I don’t have to face anything like you have faced with Ashlee.

Bob_Vols saying Gibbs thing is covid-related. Swan said there were 3 others maybe breaking protocol and 1 was important. Bob said it's an OL. Said it will all be addressed today...Pruitt not messing around with these protocols.
Gibbs one of the four being disiplined by University?

Not attending and not being invited are not the same thing.
giphy.gif
tenor.gif

So why in the absolute F is he still coaching???? Pearl offers up literally hot dogs and hamburgers to a family 1/2 day early on a recruiting trip and gets raked over the coals...

Pearl lying to the NCAA and Mike Hamilton having no balls is what got Pearl fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back