Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the analysts or evaluators on Harrison Bailey, in particular, those at 247 sports, dinged him for a lack of mobility, presumably, “in the pocket”. He’s a pro-style passer so I can’t see them evaluating him in comparison to dual-threat guys. That would be asinine. Anyway, so a lack of mobility in the pocket to me would seem to suggest he might take a lot of sacks, especially against better defenses, and even more so given the widely acknowledged inferior quality of his offensive line. I don’t think anyone has had anything negative to say about either his physical or mental toughness and his work ethic is reportedly off the charts.

I can’t find anyone who publishes cumulative sack stats for high school quarterbacks but occasionally a sports writer will include the numbers in his postgame write up. For example, in the state championship game that Bailey and the Blue Devils won, he was sacked 6 times according to the staff at GPB sports. As a quarterback, Barton Simmons concedes that Bailey is one of the best but he hedges on his notion of Bailey not moving well enough in the pocket to evade pressure and thus sacks. Kenyatta Watson Sr. famously blasted Simmons for that take, basically accusing Simmons and his crew of faulting Bailey because he had a “below average” offensive line.

I’ve already posted that none of the QBs we put on the field last year were adept with their accuracy, even or perhaps moreso when adjusting for their average depth of throws. I don’t know what Bailey’s accuracy numbers might be but given that he basically completed 70% of his passes last year in 7A Georgia high school football, the largest classification, and had a NCAA passer rating greater than 200, and played against some of the national powerhouses in high school football, I’m thinking his accuracy is probably a leap above what we’ve been putting on the field of late.

There’s another metric that we’ve all become more familiar with in recent years, time to throw the ball. It’s been a repeated knock on JG in both of the last couple years. In 2019 it took JG 2.74 seconds to get rid of the football. I couldn’t find anyone else in the conference, even those with higher average depth of throws who took anywhere near that long, and that includes Brian and JT, both of whom had longer ADOTs than JG but took far less time to get rid of the ball.

Okay, so here’s the kicker. A pro-style passer isn’t going to be able to do much about his offensive line other than to stand in there and keep fighting, a characteristic that both JG and Harrison share. They are unquestioningly physically tough kids and in both cases it’s a well earned reputation.

In 2017, our offensive line allowed 35 sacks, 32 of those coming against conference opponents. That was worst in the conference. In 2018, still without an offensive line to speak of, Friend got his guys to reduce the number of sacks allowed to 23, 16 against SEC foes. Last year, as we continued to build an SEC quality offensive line, we further reduced the number of sacks allowed to 21, 13 in SEC games. We also played 13 games last year as opposed to 12 in both 2017 & 18. For last year against conference teams we were 4th best at preventing sacks and only 3 sacks behind conference leaders Georgia and Alabama at 10 each. We didn’t allow a sack last year against VU or SC. We allowed 1 each against MSU, UK, and MO. We allowed 3 each against GA and UA and allowed 4 against UF. I suspect GA, UA, and UF may not have that level of success against our offensive line this year. jmo.

Let’s go back in history a bit to the last offensive line we had populated with NFL talent. In 2010, their freshman year, we allowed 41 sacks, 29 of which were against SEC teams. In 2011 as those guys developed (and remember Bray was out for several games due to injury) we reduced the number of sacks allowed to 18, 13 against SEC teams. In 2012, we improved further, reducing total sacks allowed to just 8, with 7 of those coming from SEC opposition. Even 2013 without Bray, our pass pro was still better than 2011 in regards to sacks allowed.

My point is this and everyone knows this, Bailey or JG or whoever is at QB for us this year is going to be operating behind a highly talented and highly developed offensive line and so the mobility issue that some pencil necks have been harping on, an issue I haven’t been able to discover in the film I’ve seen, is essentially moot. jmo.

Last week I rewatched much of the Missouri and South Carolina games from last year. There is at least one pass that JG seems never to be able to complete. Whether he’s throwing to Ty Chandler or Eric Gray, Jarrett can’t seem to complete the swing pass out of the backfield to save his life. If we really want to get the ball into these guys hands in space we need someone who can do that. Obviously, Chaney would not continue to call the play if Jarrett wasn’t executing it successfully in practice. Want to know what I think? We have at least one QB on our roster that given his body of work is highly unlikely to ever be saddled with the reputation of being a practice player. jmo.

I’m done.

My 13-YO nephew is undergoing his second MRI of the day in about 10 minutes. Little man has two tumors. One wrapped around his cervical spine and the other is at the base of his brain. Both believed to be malignant. They are interfering with production or flow of spinal fluid and he’s been feeling numbness, which was the symptom that brought him in today.

He had brain surgery when he was 2 to remove a tumor and now this. Needless to say my brother and SIL are deeply distraught right now. Surgery in morning. Please pray for “immeasurably more” for he and his family. I’m shook.
🙏🏻

How is she doing now? My granddaughter was exposed earlier this week by her cousin. So far her, my son and his wife haven’t shown any symptoms. This is the second time they’ve been exposed.
No fever for the past 48 hrs but she still has the cough, some body aches, and general blahness.

Lol, we’ve been doing something similar at work for a month now. 10 days after symptoms start or 3 days fever-free, whichever is longer. No symptoms? Keep on working. Way to try and catch up, MLB. Almost there.
That’s CDC guidelines which has changed about 10 times. I literally look up the guidelines just before I call all my positive patients to see if they changed overnight.

@VolGee4 and any other resident lawyers. Can I get some advice?

My wife works as a supervisor of housekeepers at a resort in FL. Been there over 2 years and is next in line for management. Her company(one of largest housekeeping contractors in the world) is contracted by the resort to do all housekeeping and has their own management/employee structure on site. They work closely with the resorts management, front desk staff and maintenance staff. My wife inspects rooms done by housekeepers and places calls for amenities and any maintenance issues she sees.

A maintenance man has sexually harassed her twice in a physical way. Once in an elevator where he bent down and put his forehead against hers....eye to eye an inch apart. The elevator stopped, she hurriedly got off and told her second manager in charge but told her she wanted to handle it and tell him never to touch her again. Before she could, the next day she was helping a housekeeper who was behind. Wife was inspecting the kitchen, housekeeper was back in the bedroom. This maintenance guy walks in and snacks my wife on the ass(not with his hand...she couldn't tell what with). She said angrily "Did you just smack my ass?" He said "yes...I was just playing." The housekeeper came out going off on him for it and he went out on the balcony. My wife went and told him never to touch her or come near her again. She then went and told management.

A meeting was held with her company and the resort's management. My wife said she didn't ever want to have to see him, be near him or be alone with him. The resort confirmed the incident with the housekeeper that witnessed it and my wife's boss called their company's HR to communicate with the resort's HR. It has been two weeks, he has not been fired she has seen him repeatedly, he was not suspended and he has responded to maintenance calls putting him alone in a room with her 3 times.

I have voiced my frustration to my wife's boss and he said to keep a journal. We have written down times, dates and locations of all contact. My wife has been sexually assaulted in the past and has PTSD/anxiety and this is bringing that up and affecting her job performance. She has learned that they have no plans to fire him but might put him on a night shift that still overlaps with her days that run late.

I want to f*** this guy up but that could cause her to lose her job. I feel like her feelings in this matter dont mean **** and neither does her safety....he could follow her in a room at any time and do anything. She doesn't want to sue the resort and definitely doesn't want to to her company but I feel like she should sue the resort....they own dozens of properties with thousands of employees.

Does she have a case? Btw, this guy is almost 50, is married and knows my wife is married. Sorry for the book, just wanting advice while I wait for lawyers to call back and Google is not specific. TIA.

These cases are tough to win and they can be tough to even find a good attorney. At this point the company should, but isn't required to, fire him. But they should have done an investigation (it sounds like they did) and should take steps to prevent your wife and this guy from being alone together again (doesn't look like they have done that). The big question revolves around whether they have discussed it with him and have set down the restrictions necessary to protect her.

It's kind of like a dog bite case. The first bite is free, the second is close to strict liability, i.e. you know the dog bites, what did you do to stop it.

If they are following standard HR procedure then they've put a notation in his employment file and he's been told another incident will result in termination.

If she gets harassed again and if they don't terminate him on the spot, her case becomes much better. Also if it turns out there have been other formal complaints filed against him everything changes. They knew, they've now had multiple complaints and he's still working there. But it's hard to find out about that unless you go ahead and file suit at which time your lawyer would do "discovery" where he gets to review the company's records and take depositions.

I would encourage you to find an attorney who does employment law, not just a pure litigator.

I know that's not what you're looking for, but it's probably where you're at.

Why are you even a fan with this defeatist mindset?
I want Florida first. Dan Mullen, going back to his days at Miss State, has struggled in season openers. His teams always get better as the season progresses. I would love our chances to steal that one, if Florida is our season opener.

Pruitt has started 0-1 each season here, and we know for certain Georgia State should have been an easy win. Suddenly we want UF to open up the season? Seems like an overly optimistic leap of faith especially if JG is still starting.

My wife works as a supervisor of housekeepers at a resort in FL. Been there over 2 years and is next in line for management. Her company(one of largest housekeeping contractors in the world) is contracted by the resort to do all housekeeping and has their own management/employee structure on site. They work closely with the resorts management, front desk staff and maintenance staff. My wife inspects rooms done by housekeepers and places calls for amenities and any maintenance issues she sees.

A maintenance man has sexually harassed her twice in a physical way. Once in an elevator where he bent down and put his forehead against hers....eye to eye an inch apart. The elevator stopped, she hurriedly got off and told her second manager in charge but told her she wanted to handle it and tell him never to touch her again. Before she could, the next day she was helping a housekeeper who was behind. Wife was inspecting the kitchen, housekeeper was back in the bedroom. This maintenance guy walks in and snacks my wife on the ass(not with his hand...she couldn't tell what with). She said angrily "Did you just smack my ass?" He said "yes...I was just playing." The housekeeper came out going off on him for it and he went out on the balcony. My wife went and told him never to touch her or come near her again. She then went and told management.

A meeting was held with her company and the resort's management. My wife said she didn't ever want to have to see him, be near him or be alone with him. The resort confirmed the incident with the housekeeper that witnessed it and my wife's boss called their company's HR to communicate with the resort's HR. It has been two weeks, he has not been fired she has seen him repeatedly, he was not suspended and he has responded to maintenance calls putting him alone in a room with her 3 times.

I have voiced my frustration to my wife's boss and he said to keep a journal. We have written down times, dates and locations of all contact. My wife has been sexually assaulted in the past and has PTSD/anxiety and this is bringing that up and affecting her job performance. She has learned that they have no plans to fire him but might put him on a night shift that still overlaps with her days that run late.

I want to f*** this guy up but that could cause her to lose her job. I feel like her feelings in this matter dont mean **** and neither does her safety....he could follow her in a room at any time and do anything. She doesn't want to sue the resort and definitely doesn't want to to her company but I feel like she should sue the resort....they own dozens of properties with thousands of employees.

Does she have a case? Btw, this guy is almost 50, is married and knows my wife is married. Sorry for the book, just wanting advice while I wait for lawyers to call back and Google is not specific. TIA.
Kick his ass Seabass!

Pruitt has started 0-1 each season here, and we know for certain Georgia State should have been an easy win. Suddenly we want UF to open up the season? Seems like an overly optimistic leap of faith especially if JG is still starting.
The thing is that two seasons do not represent a trend. Each year is different. It seems overly pessimistic of you to assume it's an automatic L.

I cant imagine the restraint it takes to not whip his ass. In regards to the 2a thing, pepper spray is probably the only thing. Most company policies will prohibit weapons on premises and will result in termination for your wife as well. It's up to you and your wife on the risk of each. Is there a way to transfer to another property?

Here’s your quotes ahead of time.

“Bailey looks good, but needs to learn the playbook

“RB’s especially Gray look good”

“WR’s are young and the Vols need to find 3 guys”

“OL/DL will be strengths. Robinso, Spragg, Perry will prob redshirt.”

“LB looks good but need depth, Bryson Eason is a large human.”

“Secondary, returning 3-4 starters, Keyy looks the best and most ready of the freshman.”

@gainesvol82

I would purchase a small camera that she could wear on her person and record any encounters with him. Video evidence is always better then “documenting”

That’s a great idea. Much better than my suggestion.

On the other hand,
Please film his response to a face full of pepper spray and then post it here. 😈

Cant carry a taser but def pepper spray on her keys. My point is that they are continuing to put her at risk and should be held responsible. Not to mention all the bad memories this is bringing up for her.

According to google, punitive damages for a company of this size have a max of 300k. But she likes her job, its convenient for us and she doesn't really want to sue. I feel like she should because they are showing disregard for her as as a person.

This jerk has worked there a few months and is universally disliked by the other maintenance guys who have vowed to watch out for her and know/respect me. She is very well liked and respected by both company's employees.
Hate to be that guy but thus Company is opening themselves up to a sizable lawsuit, it would seem.

The burden, on you, seems quite simple when you're compiling data. At what point is this simply negligence?

The craft beer phenomenon is just further proof that people have more money than they have sense. I'm not going to pay 5 or 6 dollars or more for a stinking glass of beer.

That’s why you should start your own microbrewery before that market crashes. Take some regular lager and ipa beer, put some sour patch kids inside and create more expensive packaging, then $$$$ profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back