Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting later postpones the next season. We should skip it entirely and pick it up again in 2021 once we’ve got a hold on this virus. Mass crowds pose a serious health risk.

I still think we have basketball. Maybe/likely not the full season, but at least conference play and NCAA tourney.

When the vaccine is approved, I think the quantities will already be available. I believe we will have this before the end of the year. I also think we will have $10.00 tests that take less than an hour for results. This will help in a lot of ways. It is just a matter of having enough available to make a big difference.

Reactions: JCP201
That's your argument? The schools have funded the amateur activity for over a century. Remove Trey Smith, the same people watch the game. Remove Peyton Manning and we all still tuned into Tennessee football. The lack of success of another league destroys your player argument. Without the schools reputation and fanbase, no one cares about "Player X". Data is against you. Tim Tebow at the Citadel doesn't have the success the Tim Tebow at Florida had. It's not hard to see why.

If the players that signed up for this United bull actually quit, nothing would change.
No my argument is that the players should get Medical care that they deserve and should be allowed to profit off their image in likeness.

They sacrifice their bodies so they should get medical care. The school makes money off of them playing the game. They should be allowed to make money too if the market provides them that opportunity. All those guys you mentioned are beloved and would’ve made money off of jersey sales and advertising in college. That’s their right as Americans

They get it. They just assume the common risk of playing the game but they get care of any injury that happens in the field. They dont get WC benefits but they get medical care and the best to boot. To say otherwise is willfully ignorant.
I’ve already said that I know they get healthcare but the healthcare stops when they leave college. They should be allowed to return at any time for the rest of their lives for medical care. They earned that. At a minimum, do it for injuries related to things that happened to them while they were on campus.

No my argument is that the players should get Medical care that they deserve and should be allowed to profit off their image in likeness.

They sacrifice their bodies so they should get medical care. The school makes money off of them playing the game. They should be allowed to make money too if the market provides them that opportunity. All those guys you mentioned are beloved and would’ve made money off of jersey sales and advertising in college. That’s their right as Americans
But they do get medical care. Better than anyone.

Name off their likeness is happening. You're yelling at clouds on that topic.

I’ve already said that I know they get healthcare but the healthcare stops when they leave college. They should be allowed to return at any time for the rest of their lives for medical care. They earned that. At a minimum, do it for injuries related to things that happened to them while they were on campus.
For four years of playing a game they chose to play? That's asinine and not a single person in our society outside of military gets that benefit. Take a lap.

It is a game. By definition it's a game. Highly competitive but a game nonetheless. The cost of playing football is potential long term effects. It's been a known costs for decades.

How much the school makes is inconsequential in any premise absent of greed. They make that money on their own build of brand especially when players are temporary by design.

I know several former P5 players and not one of them thinks this request is valid. So take another lap.

I don't think anyone would argue against them being able to return to the university for care for the injuries they suffered while playing the sport. It's the rest that we are hearing.

It is a game. By definition it's a game. Highly competitive but a game nonetheless. The cost of playing football is potential long term effects. It's been a known costs for decades.

How much the school makes is inconsequential in any premise absent of greed. They make that money on their own build of brand especially when players are temporary by design.

I know several former P5 players and not one of them thinks this request is valid. So take another lap.
I know a couple guys with their knees shot to hell that would love to get medical attention too.

Yes, obviously it’s “game” but to sit here and ignore everything surrounding the game is retarded. Take a look at the big picture and this is a job for these guys. Their life centers around football and the chance to go professional.

You seem to just view them as cogs in a machine that exists solely for your entertainment. As soon as they’re done with your school, you could care less what happens to them.

A game the school makes hundreds of millions of dollars off of every year retard. The least the school can do is take care of them once theyre a beaten up husk. I’m not sure how many former players you know but a lot of those guys are beat to hell. Their knees and backs are usually f’ed up beyond belief. You can call it a “game” but it comes off as willful ignorance. This is more than a game at this point and it has been for a long time

Why aren't you also beating the drum for minimum wage workers that work for million dollar companies? You could work physical labor jobs that have to be done and have health problems later in life. It could be argued that college football players are compensated through scholarships/amenities far better than people working low paying jobs.

A game the school makes hundreds of millions of dollars off of every year retard. The least the school can do is take care of them once theyre a beaten up husk. I’m not sure how many former players you know but a lot of those guys are beat to hell. Their knees and backs are usually f’ed up beyond belief. You can call it a “game” but it comes off as willful ignorance. This is more than a game at this point and it has been for a long time
No one forces them to play. If they feel their bodies are too banged up, then quit. Medically retire, and still get your school paid for. As has been said, the name and likeness thing seems to be happening. Of course many players will be upset because that will really only benefit the elite. But if players remember the student part of student-athlete, they can graduate with a degree and make money off their education, all without worrying about insurmountable student loans. I really don't buy this "woe is me" crap put out by the players. I realize it's not all rainbows and giggles, but they have it better than most. If players continue to argue about getting paid, then AD's should be allowed to eliminate all non-revenue sports. Where would that leave UT? Football, men's basketball, and maybe women's basketball? People talk about how much money football makes while completely ignoring a big chunk of that goes into paying for non-revenue sports, all in the name of "fairness". There is a lot more involved here than most want to factor in, and it's ridiculous to ignore that.

I don't think anyone would argue against them being able to return to the university for care for the injuries they suffered while playing the sport. It's the rest that we are hearing.
I think it would be a fair compromise. Personally, I would like to see them get care for anything though.

For instance, I think trey smith should be allowed to get care for his blood clots the rest of his life courtesy of UT. That guy is literally putting his life on the line for our entertainment and the school is profiting off of that. On top of it, he’s an unbelievable representative of the school.

I know a couple guys with their knees shot to hell that would love to get medical attention too.

Yes, obviously it’s “game” but to sit here and ignore everything surrounding the game is retarded. Take a look at the big picture and this is a job for these guys. Their life centers around football and the chance to go professional.

You seem to just view them as cogs in a machine that exists solely for your entertainment. As soon as they’re done with your school, you could care less what happens to them.
They make the choice. They know the consequences. And im sure those guys would love FREE medical care who wouldn't? You've been at this for 2 days and still have not made any legitimate argument on why your position is legitimate.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

Lots of people work jobs to pay for their school. Hell, lots of people work jobs and still have to take loans to pay for their school.

No one forces them to play. If they feel their bodies are too banged up, then quit. Medically retire, and still get your school paid for. As has been said, the name and likeness thing seems to be happening. Of course many players will be upset because that will really only benefit the elite. But if players remember the student part of student-athlete, they can graduate with a degree and make money off their education, all without worrying about insurmountable student loans. I really don't buy this "woe is me" crap put out by the players. I realize it's not all rainbows and giggles, but they have it better than most. If players continue to argue about getting paid, then AD's should be allowed to eliminate all non-revenue sports. Where would that leave UT? Football, men's basketball, and maybe women's basketball? People talk about how much money football makes while completely ignoring a big chunk of that goes into paying for non-revenue sports, all in the name of "fairness". There is a lot more involved here than most want to factor in, and it's ridiculous to ignore that.
Players shouldn’t get paid. Just give them name/likeness rights and let the market decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back