Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the SEC chickens out. We want to play. We NEED to play. I bet the SEC plays, even if we’re the only ones

Thing is..the majority of the south is fine..it’s Major heavy populated cities up north who are suffering the most.outside of Atlanta and Florida the outbreak and numbers are declining or stable.

Last edited:
I think this is giving additional incentive to school administrators and conference offices to cancel fall sports. jmo.

American Athletic Conference athletes are reportedly working on a document to send to their schools and the league office that lists similar concerns about health and safety surrounding the coronavirus along with revenue demands that Pac-12 and Big Ten players went public with last week.

The revenue virus is spreading. We just have to wait and see if there's an outbreak in the SEC. jmo.

Reactions: hooter vol
I dont think we get football this year until the spring with best case scenario, worst being no football at all. Too many people rooting for it not to happen so they can say I told you so.
If this happens, SEC needs to renegotiate the contract with ESPN at triple the present payout

Love the charts, spreadsheets and graphics, Chatt. Always informative.

We need football, badly, and I think we're all frustrated.

WE are Freak. Been a tough 2020 for everyone and just not much football news to talk about right now like we are use to having. Things are starting to look up my prayer is that this virus dies down and our crowds are allowed to go up as the year goes. I still don't understand the difference in traveling to Auburn to play and to Norman as far as this virus is concerned.

WE are Freak. Been a tough 2020 for everyone and just not much football news to talk about right now like we are use to having. Things are starting to look up my prayer is that this virus dies down and our crowds are allowed to go up as the year goes. I still don't understand the difference in traveling to Auburn to play and to Norman as far as this virus is concerned.

It’s not travel. It’s controlling the policies for testing and how to handle games.

You’re arguing that we should not consider the elderly and vulnerable in policy making decisions. Opening schools and sports will undeniably increase the spread of the virus, putting that portion of the population at greater risk. I think it’s worth having a discussion about. Certainly there are significant benefits and reasons to get kids back in school. Sports - not so much. But you can’t just ignore huge swaths of Americans that are at risk when you have that discussion.
But it's not a given that students and athletes are going to actually spread the virus to anybody vulnerable.

We have to be able to trust that people will be cautious with those who are vulnerable and for the vulnerable to realize that they are at risk and act accordingly.

My granny is an example. She is really worried about getting the virus because she is a voracious smoker. But she doesn't think the entirety of society should shut down. She can wait it out and avoid people without the government and media members shaming people to do so. I think most people are capable of this.

It's currently happening in Sweden. Their nursing home's were overwhelmed at first, but they got all of that under control. Now the virus has mostly spread through the population, the elderly and vulnerable have remained cautious and the death rate has been around zero for about two weeks.

If we shut down football it’s probably only to protect the schools from liability issues. Players will get it whether there is football or not. In fact, you can probably argue it’s safer to have football than not. At least the players would be in a controlled environment with constant testing and medical care
Exactly! They would 100 percent be safer from the virus because they would be incentivized to isolate themselves from outsiders and have the luxury of constant testing so that if they get it they will treat it early.

But yes, if they shut it down they are just protecting their butts.

I think this is giving additional incentive to school administrators and conference offices to cancel fall sports. jmo.

The revenue virus is spreading. We just have to wait and see if there's an outbreak in the SEC. jmo.
The revenue virus better wake up the "pay the students" grouy

I think its more about testing and quarantine protocols. If all teams are in the same conference its easier to navigate. Also if games get canceled it would be easier to redo the schedule.

I was just thinking with all this stuff going on...what if college football did this....start the season on time but have the games every other Saturday. That gives players or coaches that get the virus during the season to quarantine and hopefully not miss any games. Just extend the season and conference championships til the end of December. Then have whatever bowls are gonna be left and playoffs in january.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back