Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read coaches will be required to wear masks on sideline during games. How hot will that be for day games early???

Also half the fun of our games is Pruitt’s facial expressions and reading his lips when he screams at JG.

VN needs to design and provide a special Coach Pruitt edition Big Orange BAIN face mask. 🤔😷8AC87DB1-6773-471B-8B9C-D4E8150C2A92.gif

I am willing to bet that no player (JG) would try to run a rogue play...

I don’t understand this measure. Outside of officials who would a coach be coming in contact with on the sideline they hadn’t been around in close proximity for WEEKS already?

I’m probably missing something.

It’s strictly to show the SEC is serious about protecting the student athletes. Even though your statement is the actual truth. All about media perception now. 😷

Seeing this, that it is so clear that the SEC favors teams with a chance at a championship, sure makes me think back to the officiating in that Bama game last year
If you think the officiating was bad last year, just wait until the season starts. If the SEC is truly serious about getting two teams in the playoffs, the fix is probably already in with the officials.

Those are an absolute thing of beauty. Kinda makes me wish I was still playing golf

I have re-embraced golf at 57.
I pretty much dropped it (except for charity tournaments) because I would rather be at my kids events. Now that my son is 18 (Eagle Scout) and my daughter is 15 (still has dance competitions) and of course Covid making golf a preferred activity, I am playing again.

Coolest part, both my kids like to play. So I get them for 4 hours at a time. Never thought that I would get to spend this much time with them at their current ages. 😊

Last edited:
Without DB and Henry T..we lose to Kentucky and that game shouldn’t have even been close...JG is the holdup

Of course the flip side is that if JG had played the entire game rather than only the 2nd half then the goalline stand at the end of the game might not have mattered. Despite his faults, JG was sharp in that game, both throwing and running the ball.

And I say that as someone who hopes one of the younger players wins the starting spot in camp.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Simply put, if the program is trending in the right direction, we will win some of these games we are fretting over. Did the SEC “rig” this? Sure. But so what...

Last year we beat the “lower tier” SEC teams on our schedule. The next step is beating the “upper tier”. This year gives a good picture of where we are in the conference.

We may not be “elite”, but have we moved up into the next rung with Florida, Auburn, etc?

I’m eager to find out.

We won't get to Georgia, LSU, Florida, and Alabama's level until something drastic happens regarding scheduling and clear biases are removed. Phil needs to make it happen!
The only thing there is to do is remove Alabama as our permanent cross game...I don't see Fulmer and Pruitt, of all people, doing that.

Someone said we had the chance to put it up for review last year and we did not.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
I have re-embraced golf at 57.
I pretty much dropped it (except for charity tournaments) because I would rather be at my kids events. Now that my son is 18 (Eagle Scout) and my daughter is 15 (still has dance competitions) and of course Covid making golf a preferred activity, I am playing again.

Coolest part, both my kids like to play. So I get them for 4 hours at a time. Never thought that I would get to spend this much time with them at their current ages. 😊
That’s really awesome! I hope my child will want to spend as much time with me fishing, hunting, etc. I’ve always been an outdoors type person anyway. Kids seem to enjoy it if you at least start them off with that instead of letting them get sucked into being inside all the time.

Just read coaches will be required to wear masks on sideline during games. How hot will that be for day games early???

Also half the fun of our games is Pruitt’s facial expressions and reading his lips when he screams at JG.
If coaches have to wear masks on the sideline, should the officials have to wear a mask too. Maybe one with a little hole for their whistles or a mask with a built in whistle. That would be cool :eek::eek:

Reactions: volatil

I talked with a staff member of a P5 school this week, He said Nike and Adidas have developed buffs to use as masks for coaches. He has used them in practice already and all the coaches like them. He was not sure what material is used, but they are cool and much better than masks

That’s really awesome! I hope my child will want to spend as much time with me fishing, hunting, etc. I’ve always been an outdoors type person anyway. Kids seem to enjoy it if you at least start them off with that instead of letting them get sucked into being inside all the time.

Took my son fishing when he was 2 1/2. Caught 13 catfish before he was worn out. (Didn’t know that the pond had just been stocked for a fishing rodeo.) He is now an avid fisherman.
Took him to play golf at age 3. Was hooked on golf until he discovered baseball (I became a baseball coach). Now that baseball is over for him, he is getting back into golf. He even said that it’s something we can do together for the rest of our lives...fishing as well.

If you have a daughter, the Daddy-Daughter dance is a magical experience. Even if you don’t like to dance, don’t pass up the chance.
My daughter does like to fish, but rarely. Her best friend plays golf with her Dad, so she is learning so that we can play with them! 😊

You are getting ready to undertake the most important, rewarding and sometimes frustrating part of your life. Embrace each and every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back