Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely head coaches get a mulligan this year. Will Muschamp may get yet another season. Good news for the home team.

I think it's very odd that if someone is such a great QB coach that he wasn't a QB coach anywhere. He was an analyst. And then he got hired here.. as a RB coach. He hasn't shown he can recruit, he hasn't shown that he can coach. It isn't like he's coaching TE's. His position is the most important position on the field. If he can't develop our QB's we're not going to get any better. I say bring me a proven QB coach. I wish he would fire Weinke and let Chaney handle QB's. I'd bet if QB's don't improve this year that is what happens.

We saw what Chaney did with freshman Jake Fromm. I trust him. You know why? He has a proven track record with QB's. Chris Weinke doesn't. Weinke hasn't proven the first thing. Not sure why you're such a staunch defender of his honor.
Just not quick to declare him a failure...because that also hasn’t been PROVEN. Timetable is a little off. He played baseball and then started playing 4 seasons of college football (which included a Heisman), then 7 seasons in the NFL. Did the executive thing in the real world after retirement before jump starting that IMG behemoth from scratch for 5. A couple of seasons in the NFL (as a QB COACH and 1 as in ONE season as an ANALYST before Pruitt snapped him up. Pruitt hired Helton when other options didn’t present...not unique. He heavily pursued Weinke and made a spot for him on the field and for whatever reason trusts and values him. Could be a mistake or maybe just maybe it’s cut from the same cloth as Niedermeyer...a stocky longtime analyst who’d been in the college coaching environment way longer than one season before his hire.

Reactions: hooter vol
If only there were other QB's on the roster he could have developed to take JG's job....

And wouldn't you know it... Our freshman QB, a guy who has been coached his whole life, who dominated GA football in the highest classification, has been under Weinke now since January and the first thing we read about him is that he is struggling.. How about that.

I hope Pruitt is right about Weinke but I don't trust him to develop Bailey based upon what we've seen from Weinke's coaching thus far

To be fair JG is a S**t show, we will never know what we have until Pruitt has seen enough and even the stunt JG pulled at Bama wasn’t enough to bench him for the season.so our success will happen next year..I’ve given up on the fact of JG ever being benched because he isn’t good. people are convinced he will get drafted so Pruitt is trying to help in that aspect by keeping him in.He is in no way shape or form our best option.

To be fair JG is a S**t show, we will never know what we have until Pruitt has seen enough and even the stunt JG pulled at Bama wasn’t enough to bench him for the season.so our success will happen next year..I’ve given up on the fact of JG ever being benched because he isn’t good. people are convinced he will get drafted so Pruitt is trying to help in that aspect by keeping him in.He is in no way shape or form our best option.
Weinke has another year to prove me wrong. JG comes out and actually improves, or Maurer has improved enough to not only take the job, but be a winning QB in the SEC, then Weinke will have actually proven he’s a good coach. Until then it’s wait and see because this far he hasn’t done anything on the field or in recruiting.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Weinke has another year to prove me wrong. JG comes out and actually improves, or Maurer has improved enough to not only take the job, but be a winning QB in the SEC, then Weinke will have actually proven he’s a good coach. Until then it’s wait and see because this far he hasn’t done anything on the field or in recruiting.

Oh I’m on your side about it all!...I’m just saying I think Pruitt is the reason why JG never comes out not weinke!...I think he would have rolled with Maurer a long time ago if he has the option to do so...if you go back and watch the sideline he was more engaged with Maurer than he was with JG🤘🏽

Facts. The vast majority of protests aren’t actually protesting anything based in reality. It’s amazing to see

Still can't get over the media falling all over itself to say protesting the lockdowns spread COVID and then either ignoring the George Floyd protests' effects on its spread or saying they DECREASED cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back