Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was better than the previous season. Stats thing. Didn’t collapse near the total. Pete Carroll got fired multiple times in the NFL, so that’s an exclusive club.
And yet Pete Carroll apparently figured out, improved, won a natty, and now a couple of Super Bowls. Guess what? He gets credit. When Weinke accomplishes something he'll get credit also. Until then, prove it. I won't argue with you again that JG got worse or better. The games speak for themselves. Don't care what he did against 2 or 3 teams that made his stats look good

Reactions: volinbama256
AV just essentially said the guy is a Freshman that's probably making Freshman mistakes, so don't expect him to automatically come in and ball out like Peyton Manning right off the bat.
Already covered but Peyton didn’t ball out like Peyton Manning “right off the bat”.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Already covered but Peyton didn’t ball out like Peyton Manning “right off the bat”.
Oh I know he didn't...I was moreso referring to once Peyton settled in...A lot of people try to reference Trevor Lawrence's success as a freshman but as talented as he is, he had a great roster around him and played in a weaker ACC.

And yet Pete Carroll apparently figured out, improved, won a natty, and now a couple of Super Bowls. Guess what? He gets credit. When Weinke accomplishes something he'll get credit also. Until then, prove it. I won't argue with you again that JG got worse or better. The games speak for themselves. Don't care what he did against 2 or 3 teams that made his stats look good
But...he got fired...first? You used that as grounds to fire Weinke NOW. Good to see that improvement is still a thing...not that I agree he failed last year.

JG’s coach when Weinke was coaching RB’s? Agreed. Saban hired Major Applewhite as his first OC at Bama. Then it got corrected. Sometimes you take swings and miss...just spite your way back.
Exactly. So far Weinke looks like another swing and a miss. Would be nice if he would prove me wrong. Please prove me wrong. I'm begging him to prove me wrong.

But...he got fired...first? You used that as grounds to fire Weinke NOW. Good to see that improvement is still a thing...not that I agree he failed last year.
I did? Huh... that's news to me. No, I'm saying that Weinke hasn't done anything yet. So far he has been awful here. and apparently this isn't the first place he was awful. That's the point. I know you like building straw men and shooting arrows at them, but my argument wasn't anywhere close to "he was fired there so fire him now." Stay on task

Nobody expected JG to be Joe Burrow. But he got worse. And none of our younger QB's got better. Let someone show improvement and I'll give him credit. Thus far he hasn't proven anything in recruiting or on the field. Wasn't he fired in the NFL? Didn't show them anything apparently

To be fair, Weinke wasn't retained when the Rams fired Jeff Fisher after 5 seasons where the Rams never won more than 7 games. Weinke was there the last 2 seasons and really didn't have much to work with.

I did? Huh... that's news to me. No, I'm saying that Weinke hasn't done anything yet. So far he has been awful here. and apparently this isn't the first place he was awful. That's the point. I know you like building straw men and shooting arrows at them, but my argument wasn't anywhere close to "he was fired there so fire him now." Stay on task
You called for him to be fired before his hire was announced. And I say he’s been the furthest from awful. Hopeless impasse. Disappointed on you pulling straw out ya ass. You’re better than that.

You called for him to be fired before his hire was announced. And I say he’s been the furthest from awful. Hopeless impasse. Disappointed on you pulling straw out ya ass. You’re better than that.
I think it's very odd that if someone is such a great QB coach that he wasn't a QB coach anywhere. He was an analyst. And then he got hired here.. as a RB coach. He hasn't shown he can recruit, he hasn't shown that he can coach. It isn't like he's coaching TE's. His position is the most important position on the field. If he can't develop our QB's we're not going to get any better. I say bring me a proven QB coach. I wish he would fire Weinke and let Chaney handle QB's. I'd bet if QB's don't improve this year that is what happens.

We saw what Chaney did with freshman Jake Fromm. I trust him. You know why? He has a proven track record with QB's. Chris Weinke doesn't. Weinke hasn't proven the first thing. Not sure why you're such a staunch defender of his honor.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Helton was hardly allowed to run his system. I think Pruitt put him in a box of his own design. All the more important he moved onto a veteran he could leave alone, but tbf to Helton...
Nonsense...helton was in over his head from the moment he stepped on campus. Truth be told, he was in over his head at USC.

SIAP, but rumors Waddle and Moses could be sitting out.
This is another reason why scheduling isn't as big of a deal as some think. With some of the stars sitting out, rosters and the playing field will be more level. Let Bama have to run without their star recievers. A pass rusher or two from UF sit. Let UGA lose a running back or DB or two.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back