Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s my understanding that most university medical centers, including UT Medical, have their own equipment to process tests. So the cost is for the test equipment which they’ve likely had for some time and the cost of personnel. I think that’s really about it.

Abbot Labs does a lot of work with university medical centers and they been shipping millions of their tests kits per week since receiving emergency approval. It’s my sense that the bulk of the cost of a test is in the processing which if you have your own lab decreases dramatically with volume. I think the turnaround time is less than 6.5 hours.

Quest, the big national lab co., has struggled to keep up with the increasing volume of tests they’ve been receiving and their backlog is the only reason for the insane turnaround times in publicly available testing.

This is just my guess based on what I’ve read because I haven’t found a direct answer, but I’m figuring if we’re doing say 1,000 tests a week to support our football program the incremental increase in cost to UT medical center might be less than $15,000 per week. That’s a very rough estimate. jmo.
That's awesome!

Or maybe JG isn’t a good QB.
If only there were other QB's on the roster he could have developed to take JG's job....

And wouldn't you know it... Our freshman QB, a guy who has been coached his whole life, who dominated GA football in the highest classification, has been under Weinke now since January and the first thing we read about him is that he is struggling.. How about that.

I hope Pruitt is right about Weinke but I don't trust him to develop Bailey based upon what we've seen from Weinke's coaching thus far

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
Liberty Mutual.
Not really. I used to deal with premium fraud so I guess you can say I dove into construction more than other industries but it was fairly open. I've since changed my role after moving out of Atlanta.

I also dont handle claims but I've worked with that department and I know alot of people in it so I am familiar with general procedures
The company I work for uses Liberty Mutual for some of our lines of coverage (Emergency and Non-Emergency Auto, and Excess Worker's Comp). It was odd because our emergency coverage was going through the roof a couple years ago so our broker (Willis Towers Watson) sought additional quotes. LM came in way lower on the emergency auto, but required us to also switch non-emergency auto and excess worker's comp. I understand the concept, but thought it was odd that they wanted the EWC.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Bama is whining about it

“The hang-up comes from Alabama who wants to keep 21 schedule in tact and plays 22-23 opponents this year giving them Vandy and Kentucky and holding off on Florida game till next year. The rest of the West is naturally against this. Florida has thrown up less opposition but they would be going with 22-23 because it does help them. What a world!”
Of course. Bama is down and UF might beat them.

Bass is just waiting for Weinke to have a track record with our QBs. Hopefully Maurer, Bailey, Salter, etc. will show Weinke’s coaching chops.
It's really not that hard, is it? Will Friend gets credit now because of the improvement the OL has made. When one of our QB's shows improvement, Weinke will get the credit.

But so far our QB's have either not improved, or in the case of JG, they regressed. And now Bailey is struggling

Reactions: UTSuave’
The company I work for uses Liberty Mutual for some of our lines of coverage (Emergency and Non-Emergency Auto, and Excess Worker's Comp). It was odd because our emergency coverage was going through the roof a couple years ago so our broker (Willis Towers Watson) sought additional quotes. LM came in way lower on the emergency auto, but required us to also switch non-emergency auto and excess worker's comp. I understand the concept, but thought it was odd that they wanted the EWC.
“Libertylibertyliberteeeeeee!”

You’re welcome...$20,000,000...due on receipt.

I didn’t know that about Bailey. Perhaps Chaney needs to provide a little more oversight on the QB’s. I know he takes part in the OL.

It's really not that hard, is it? Will Friend gets credit now because of the improvement the OL has made. When one of our QB's shows improvement, Weinke will get the credit.

But so far our QB's have either not improved, or in the case of JG, they regressed. And now Bailey is struggling
Coached em one year and you want em 100% improved. And ain’t buying the Bailey garbage...Atlanta or no. Not sure how Weinke mishandled a kid he’s been unable to even see during a pandemic but I have a pair of Bass goggles on the way from Amazon...should help.

I didn’t know that about Bailey. Perhaps Chaney needs to provide a little more oversight on the QB’s. I know he takes part in the OL.
It’s nothing KNOWN. Atlanta was in a hot tub with some Covid free heavy hitters and they farted that out.

Coached em one year and you want em 100% improved. And ain’t buying the Bailey garbage...Atlanta or no. Not sure how Weinke mishandled a kid he’s been unable to even see during a pandemic but I have a pair of Bass goggles on the way from Amazon...should help.
Nobody expected JG to be Joe Burrow. But he got worse. And none of our younger QB's got better. Let someone show improvement and I'll give him credit. Thus far he hasn't proven anything in recruiting or on the field. Wasn't he fired in the NFL? Didn't show them anything apparently

Reactions: Catbone
AV just essentially said the guy is a Freshman that's probably making Freshman mistakes, so don't expect him to automatically come in and ball out like Peyton Manning right off the bat.

AV just essentially said the guy is a Freshman that's probably making Freshman mistakes, so don't expect him to automatically come in and ball out like Peyton Manning right off the bat.
Even the sheriff didn't really dominate immediately. I don't think it'd be fair for anybody to assume Bailey will take over right away.

Last edited:
Nobody expected JG to be Joe Burrow. But he got worse. And none of our younger QB's got better. Let someone show improvement and I'll give him credit. Thus far he hasn't proven anything in recruiting or on the field. Wasn't he fired in the NFL? Didn't show them anything apparently

If you trust Pruitt then why don’t you trust Weinke considering he was “Pruitt’s choice” for the job?

I think he was better than the previous season. Stats thing. Didn’t collapse near the total. Pete Carroll got fired multiple times in the NFL, so that’s an exclusive club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back