Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this before, but the opposite. Casey Clausen was an absolute mess at practice. It was awful. You wouldn't believe how bad it was unless you saw it with your own eyes.

But then he steps on the field and the lights come on and boom - he is lighting it up.

It's a hard thing to explain.
I would much rather have it that way than the other.

It's kinda weird. JG is tough as nails and doesn't get rattled when he gets hit HARD and plays through lots of pain. You'd think with that toughness he wouldn't mentally collapse under high pressure situations like he tends to do

Kentucky slow? Personally I doubt he makes himself draftable, but I could see even more improvement with two consecutive years with the same playcaller...less so with practically no off season. I expect Pruitt to play the best option. Never bought into this idea that he’s personally invested in JG getting drafted. He’s about winning.
Compared to UF, ALA, UGA yes I consider UK slow

I’m glad he was able to complete check down passes to wide open RB
I agree with Bass on this as well. JG checks down way too much. Thats another thing that BM excelled at last year that JG didn't. You can argue BM maybe did it a little too much, but JG doesn't take enough shots down field when they are there. Last year especially we had 2 dogs that would go up and snag it on just about anyone. This year I think we have at least 1. When the opportunity is there push it down field and give your guy a chance. This will help open up the run game and underneath stuff and slow the game down some as well. Don't think. If you see 1 on 1 take the shot.

Reactions: UTSuave’
First things first. Chattanooga went GREEN today falling through the floor down to 0.97. Memphis has been out of sorts for the last 3 days but may be headed back down. The middle of the state continues to lead in overall performance. Knoxville’s report dropped from 1.08 to 1.05 today. Yesterday the state reported new cases in 85 of the 95 counties; today the report showed new cases in 79 of our 95 counties. Overall the reported transmission rate (Re) in the state today dropped to 1.03.

ScreenHunter 512.png

ScreenHunter 511.png

Weren’t most FBS teams slow in comparison to those guys? JG has been the reason we’ve beaten some legit teams. I expect more but first step first.
The only team I would consider legit that we've beaten with JG is Auburn and that was on the defense. I dont care where we've been beating UK is an expectation theres nothing impressive about that.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I am telling you...it is NOT weinke’s fault on JG...JG‘s head is the one to blame...its like he Is bi polar when he steps on the actual playing surface. there is nothing CW can do about that.
Ohhhhhhh....hey what about Calloway, where do you think he ends up, wr or cb? Just curious since VN sorta/kinda have a debate about it.

The only team I would consider legit that we've beaten with JG is Auburn and that was on the defense. I dont care where we've been beating UK is an expectation theres nothing impressive about that.
A winning bowl team...I care. Seen what not beating the UK’s, Mizzou’s and Vandy’s looks like too much for the blasé take.

First things first. Chattanooga went GREEN today falling through the floor down to 0.97. Memphis has been out of sorts for the last 3 days but may be headed back down. The middle of the state continues to lead in overall performance. Knoxville’s report dropped from 1.08 to 1.05 today. Yesterday the state reported new cases in 85 of the 95 counties; today the report showed new cases in 79 of our 95 counties. Overall the reported transmission rate (Re) in the state today dropped to 1.03.

View attachment 297245

View attachment 297246

I’m still considered one of the “active cases”. I had a sneeze July 19. Wife tested positive the 21st so I went and took a test on the 24th. It was positive. According to CDC I would be released now 10 days post test and no symptoms or fever. The Knox county health department however has reported that I took my test on the 27th (I got my results on the 26th). They are therefore now not releasing me until August 6th. I’ve even sent them the paperwork from my visit. Doesn’t matter. They won’t change it.

4 wins and 5 wins and coaching search threads satisfy more I guess.
Thats not what I'm saying at all. Those wins should be expected every year. TN should be expected to compete with the big dogs every year. We as fans shouldn't be satisfied with being a bowl team. Even in a down year do you think that's UGA's expectation? How about UF they fired a coach who won the division 2 years in a row. Being satisfied because you made it to a bowl leads to complacency. If thats what make us happy then NC talk needs to be tabled, winning the east talk needs to be tabled. I guess our expectations really are no better than a mid pack team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back