Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna say it doesn't happen, but in 22 years of teaching it never happened anywhere near me and I never heard any consideration for closing a school because of the flu. I think I may have read about it happening somewhere in the country a time or two. It's a rare occurrence.

Not saying it doeant happen either but both of my parents were teachers for 30 years.. I've never heard of that before

So after all this.. in a year or two.. are we going to be required to wear masks during flu season? Seems possible

Not gonna say it doesn't happen, but in 22 years of teaching it never happened anywhere near me and I never heard any consideration for closing a school because of the flu. I think I may have read about it happening somewhere in the country a time or two. It's a rare occurrence.

I'm sure it is pretty rare in the grand scheme, but my home town school district has done it for a few days each of the last two years.

I’ve been reading the usual hype on Kentucky coming into fall camp and some of their fans are dumbfounded that almost everyone expects them to lose to Tennessee. They don’t understand why anyone should think Tennessee has a better team from a conference perspective for 2020.

They think that they have recruited just as well as Tennessee and honestly I guess if you squinted really hard maybe they’re close to being right. Their team talent composite in 2019 ranked #34. Tennessee was only at #16. They had 15 blue chips on their roster last year while Tennessee only had 33. They signed the #25 best recruiting class for 2020 with 7 blue chips while Tennessee was only able to bring in a class ranked #10 and could only convince 13 blue chips to sign on the dotted line.

Okay, so their claim to recruiting parity with us is delusional. I mean I don’t know how else to describe it.

The other issue I have with their fans is they think they had just as good of a football team as we had last year. It’s true their final record last year was 8-5 and our final record last year was 8-5. But here’s the thing about that. We (UK & UT) had 6 common opponents and of course squared off against each other so we can compare 7 games for each team and determine, oranges to oranges, how each fared. Kentucky won 2 and lost 5 of those 7 games while Tennessee was able to win only 5 of their 7 games and lost absolutely every single one of the other 2.

Okay, so their claim to have had just as good a team as Tennessee last year is again purely delusional.

Of course the most glaring hurdle they face is that not a single player on their roster has any living memory of that program ever having won a football game in Neyland Stadium. The last time Kentucky won in Knoxville the guys on their team now hadn’t even started preschool. In fact, most were still in diapers.

When I read what their writers write and what their fans say on message boards I can only think of one word. #sad. smh.
I love how you worded that.

I got lost on the internet again and found myself reading a scientific article on hair loss and the evolution of the human brain.

This little gem would make Larry David pretty, pretty, prettyyy proud:

"hair loss must have preceded increase in brain size & volume. In this respect we see hair loss as a major force in human evolution."
With all our extra hair, we are no better than the beasts in the field!

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I'm sure it is pretty rare in the grand scheme, but my home town school district has done it for a few days each of the last two years.
Our school has closed for a few days each of the past few years also. But it's not for a specific illness but rather for a dip in attendance. I think if attendance is below 90%, they start talking about closing.

Reactions: i2amavol
So I guess the Government should hire you to go around and pick out those who are are sitting in a dark room and are not sick. Can you do the same for cancer, heart disease or influenza?
I don’t see the need to test people who aren’t sick to see whether they have a virus with a 99.98% survival rate and then panic if they’re positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back