Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all speculation so don't shoot me but.
With Gooden I feel this isn't the first time he's been in trouble. He was on Last Chance U season 3 or 4 can remember and he seemed like a kid who didn't have his head on straight. I think there was some arguing with coaches from him on there. Anyways my guess is while he was out there was probably a failed drug test or two. Kid had trouble with his grades the first time he tried to come here so im guessing academics may have been a battle with him. My guess it the original snafu was a fight maybe an argument with his girl, and this time he went too far. Or we could go down this road even if the story turns out to be false or what was reported wasn't what really happened maybe Pruitt and co was tired of dealing with him and his drama, knowing they had to cut scholarships they just cut him. Again this is all speculation I know nothing but what ATL Vol has posted

This is all speculation so don't shoot me but.
With Gooden I feel this isn't the first time he's been in trouble. He was on Last Chance U season 3 or 4 can remember and he seemed like a kid who didn't have his head on straight. I think there was some arguing with coaches from him on there. Anyways my guess is while he was out there was probably a failed drug test or two. Kid had trouble with his grades the first time he tried to come here so im guessing academics may have been a battle with him. My guess it the original snafu was a fight maybe an argument with his girl, and this time he went too far. Or we could go down this road even if the story turns out to be false or what was reported wasn't what really happened maybe Pruitt and co was tired of dealing with him and his drama, knowing they had to cut scholarships they just cut him. Again this is all speculation I know nothing but what ATL Vol has posted
NFL, NCAA or SEC should pitch in some of those hondos to teach & prepare kids financially & leadership wise for their futures.

Even if 1% buy in, that's leaving things better than they were. It would also save money for NFL ownership in future not having to pay out commensurate pensions or taking care of former players who have horrific injuries....oh wait...they dont do that.

Reactions: OrangenSC
NFL, NCAA or SEC should pitch in some of those hondos to teach & prepare kids financially & leadership wise for their futures.

Even if 1% buy in, that's leaving things better than they were. It would also save money for NFL ownership in future not having to pay out huge pensions or taking care of former players who have horrific injuries....oh wait...they dont do that.
They could give the kids the keys to the kingdom. Offer any type of programs they want, but if the kid doesn't want help its pretty much impossible to help him.

Reactions: OrangenSC
There are two big vaccine candidates starting phase III trials. One is the Moderna mRNA vaccine. They recently had phase I safety data published in NEJM and it looked really good for phase I. It produced neutralizing antibodies. I am actually signing up to receive either placebo or the 100 ug dose as part of the phase III study.

The other is Oxford's viral vector vaccine that should have phase I data being released next week. They are performing phase II and phase III trials simultaneously. Both are ramping production of vaccines before completion of phase III to decrease the time, assuming they will get positive results.
That is great news. I heartily welcome any good news I can get about this crap.

Problem with that is in order to get the T Cells you need the virus
Obviously. The point is to challenge the media narrative that sought to destroy all hope that herd immunity is even possible due to antibody loss. According to this study we could reach functional herd immunity at around a 20% infection level. For upwards of 17 years. This is especially good news for kids going back to school over the next several years. And it makes the need for vaccination in recovered individuals questionable. Any way you slice it, it's good news.

I know this forum is about football. But just speaking with my 2 cents. I dont think college as a whole has enough of those type classes for all students. Especially finance. Or teach that in high school
Liberal Arts Degree tracks offer such valuable options as storytelling, bluegrass, and or physical education. While important to society, not eggsacklee an engineering degree.

I think the SEC can come up with an 8-10 course load called 'NFL mini-track' through a minor in BBA or some type ****.

Yeah. The protests didn’t help. But almost every person in every video I saw was wearing a mask. Any large group of people hurt our progress, but I consider people congregating to demand justice for unlawful murders by the people appointed to protect them a hell of a lot more noble than frat boys in the Ozarks drinking natty ice and getting sunburnt. Just wash your hands and give people personal space. I mean this is taught in kindergarten. Please do your part man. I just want to play pool and watch football.
Plenty of protesters had no masks and were chanting, screaming and yelling. Not good to stop the spread.

30 pages behind. Sorry for posting here but this is where I lurk. Burying my older sister in the morning. Held a grudge against her for 12 years since my mom and dad passed away. I knew she was going to pass away but never told her I loved her and had forgiven her. That's on me. I know this will always eat at me. Just saying never let your family down. Reach out to them and let them know that you love them no matter your differences.
Very sorry for all of that. Thanks for reminding us family first.

Last August we started hearing about what a hard worker Eric Gray was. Then he broke through at the end of the season. I’m excited to see what he can do in year 2 behind a legit O-line.
I think he will have ALL-SEC numbers but won't be named All - SEC.

Yeah. The protests didn’t help. But almost every person in every video I saw was wearing a mask. Any large group of people hurt our progress, but I consider people congregating to demand justice for unlawful murders by the people appointed to protect them a hell of a lot more noble than frat boys in the Ozarks drinking natty ice and getting sunburnt. Just wash your hands and give people personal space. I mean this is taught in kindergarten. Please do your part man. I just want to play pool and watch football.

Of course they showed you the ones with masks. There were inordinately more without... they without a doubt caused this spread. Righteous anger or not, THAT exacerbated all this. You don’t see your inconsistency? The same elected officials who told us to stay home (which we all did), were the ones who complicit in these gatherings, the same officials who said let’s open up. Well abiding Americans left their homes, after acquiescing to stay home. They were told it was okay. Well now there’s a reported spike.

You were yelling at a poster yesterday for keeping you from getting to concerts. Not sure who, but I guarantee you if they were mandated to wear masks, they would. They’re just voicing their contrarian opinion.

Who are you mad at?

Last edited:
Of course they showed you the ones with masks. There were inordinately more without... they without a doubt caused this spread. Righteous anger or not, THAT caused all this. You don’t see your inconsistency? The same elected officials who told us to stay home (which we all did), were the ones who complicit in these gatherings, the same officials who said let’s open up. Well abiding Americans left their homes, after acquiescing to stay home. They were told it was okay. Well now there’s a reported spike.

You were yelling at a poster yesterday for keeping you from getting to concerts. Not sure who, but I guarantee you if they were mandated to wear masks, they would. They’re just voicing their contrarian opinion.

Who are you mad at?
I would say strongly contributed to the spread instead of caused it. But the political crap has made this so much harder than it could have been.

There are two big vaccine candidates starting phase III trials. One is the Moderna mRNA vaccine. They recently had phase I safety data published in NEJM and it looked really good for phase I. It produced neutralizing antibodies. I am actually signing up to receive either placebo or the 100 ug dose as part of the phase III study.

I forwarded the info to UTK FB staff ...to consider volunteering to be part of the 30k study. Thought it would cool for our FB team to be part of the solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back