Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again. Others can hide in their homes. They are free not to leave. But you nor anyone else are free to tell me how to live my life
Agreed, I cannot. But an entity fully has the right to decide if they will allow you in or not.

You can also speed 120 mph everywhere...that is your right. But your freedom does not override others' freedom or safety.

If they do temperature checks and require face masks, why not?

Let me change the statement. If hospitals are full at a time of the year when viruses naturally become more virulent, there is next to zero chance that governments will allow 100k people to be in the same place at once. It's simply too much of a risk to overwhelm an already strained resource. If the current trend doesn't continue, and by Fall there is no meaningful risk of overwhelming hospitals, then sure, temps and masks is likely viable. I imagine that the gates at Neyland would flow smoothly with temp checks in addition to the body cavity searches they've added in recent years.

Let me change the statement. If hospitals are full at a time of the year when viruses naturally become more virulent, there is next to zero chance that governments will allow 100k people to be in the same place at once. It's simply too much of a risk to overwhelm an already strained resource. If the current trend doesn't continue, and by Fall there is no meaningful risk of overwhelming hospitals, then sure, temps and masks is likely viable. I imagine that the gates at Neyland would flow smoothly with temp checks in addition to the body cavity searches they've added in recent years.

No one expects 100k to be allowed in.

Should be simple. Students who want to play, let them play. They don’t, let them sit out. Coaches who want to coach, let them coach. They’re scared, let them sit out. Fans want to attend. Let them attend. They’re scared, let them stay home. That’s life. It involves risk. Stop making decisions for me.
#bassfacts

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
We''ve got a few big fellas that can step up. Savion Williams was serviceable last year. Gives Mincey, Middleton, Harris or Bumphus a chance to step up. Omari Thomas isn't even on the list below and he would be the second highest rated in the group.
View attachment 293789
But the one i really want to see take off-

View attachment 293793

We got a lot of Seniors. Going to be interesting how many in this class and next we take but 2021 football season we are going to have a young class of DL's

Reactions: Devo182
COVID hospitalizations in Tennessee have increased by 250% in the last month. We aren't out of beds yet, but the trend isn't good. Putting 100k people in a stadium in the fall may not be wise.
woah
I thought wearing masks prevented you from getting it....
That’s what there forcing us to do atleast
If the hospitals didn’t prepare after what happened in the spring then shame on them
More testing equals more cases while dropping the death rate

Should be simple. Students who want to play, let them play. They don’t, let them sit out. Coaches who want to coach, let them coach. They’re scared, let them sit out. Fans want to attend. Let them attend. They’re scared, let them stay home. That’s life. It involves risk. Stop making decisions for me.
this times ten

I agree.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
God help us if we actually need any of you “ don’t tell me how to live” people to do your part to help others. Let’s be real, football season wouldn’t be held hostage by politics if everyone would have just helped out. ELE guys, everybody love everybody.
it isnt hard.

it's the premise of Christianity.

it isnt hard.

it's the premise of Christianity.
Though I shall walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me.

It’s incredibly complicated yet not. We tried to shut down and the federal gov showed that they will only help the rich with massive bailouts. They’ll throw everyone else some crumbs in the form of 1200. Same as it ever was.

We can’t afford to shut down again because the repercussions of that are far worse than what the virus is doing. Keep the faith and press forward. This bug really isn’t that bad. In fact it’s shown us just how weak this country’s infrastructure has become. Hopefully we will address it properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back