Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
OU is developing a contingency plan in the event they have to face us in week 2 of the season. They've requested the NCAA allow them to move up their season opener with Missouri State by a week so they can have as bye week before they face us. #RileyisScared

Just gives Pruitt an extra week to figure that offense out and shut it down. Bad move, IMO.
They already had a bye week on their schedule for after our game, wisely anticipating their need for additional recovery time given the physical toll they expect our guys to inflict upon them.

FWIW, I agree with Riley. If we play them, WGWTFA and I don't even think a bye week will help them. jmo.

OU football seeks to move Missouri State opener to Aug. 29

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I don’t kill any living creature, even poisonous, yes I said poisonous, unless it’s a harm to me or someone else. They were put on this earth for a reason.
My dog was with me trying to get at it, was only reason I was going to kill it because I did not recognize it, looked like a water mossican st first.

I don’t kill any living creature, even poisonous, yes I said poisonous, unless it’s a harm to me or someone else. They were put on this earth for a reason.
agreed. me either.

i would call TWRA to remove. for snakes.

now, i do take fish for consumption and would kill a deer for sustenance.

Sure would be nice if we would focus on football in here since there are football subjects to talk about now.

Head to the Pub for the racism threads.

PAC-12 now doing the B10 conference games only. So it's looking like that is where all this is headed.

The problem is about what happens 2-3 games into the season when teams have 20+ COVID positives to work around. With so many false positives, the player has to wait, then be retested multiple times while sitting out of practices and games. When retested and it is positive, contact tracing and quarantines happen. Not expecting much good to happen from all this.

What the F*** just ran under my house
View attachment 292077
View attachment 292078
Please say black or blue Racer, and not water mossican
Non venomous. Sure it’s been said but you can tell a pit viper by an arrow shaped head, fat body, and cat like eyes (as opposed to rounded).
Source: parents made us play outside when we were kids

Non venomous. Sure it’s been said but you can tell a pit viper by an arrow shaped head, fat body, and cat like eyes (as opposed to rounded).
Source: parents made us play outside when we were kids
All true, but non-venomous snakes will puff their heads to intimidate and appear to be triangular. Also, though our pit vipers have elliptical pupils, lighting can mislead a person. Lighting conditions can dilate pupils (just like a cat) and they'll appear rounded. It's always important to have multiple visible ID points to confirm.

My dog was with me trying to get at it, was only reason I was going to kill it because I did not recognize it, looked like a water mossican st first.
Compare photos of cottonmouths and black racers and study the differences. Also, unless you live west of Nashville, you won't encounter cottonmouths.

All true, but non-venomous snakes will puff their heads to intimidate and appear to be triangular. Also, though our pit vipers have elliptical pupils, lighting can mislead a person. Lighting conditions can dilate pupils (just like a cat) and they'll appear rounded. It's always important to have multiple visible ID points to confirm.
Poison glands on the head are the easiest way... Fat diamond shaped head... Head and body the same.... It's a varmit eater and good to go... Cottonmouths and copperheads are very aggressive... And usually well hidden... Though cottonmouths will sometimes hiss loudly as a warning..

Better to steer clear if you can... But I've killed several copperheads around the house over the years. Biggest snake I've seen in the yard was a 4' black snake... It was awesome. Chased it all over the yard trying to get it back in the woods...

I don't remember but are there any poisonous snakes?
There are some. Not many.

But herpetologists don't really harp on the venomous/poisonous thing. It's distracting. Snakes have poison, that they inject. If you've been envenomated you've technically been poisoned. Like every square is a rectange kind of deal.

Poison glands on the head are the easiest way... Fat diamond shaped head... Head and body the same.... It's a varmit eater and good to go... Cottonmouths and copperheads are very aggressive... And usually well hidden... Though cottonmouths will sometimes hiss loudly as a warning..

Better to steer clear if you can... But I've killed several copperheads around the house over the years. Biggest snake I've seen in the yard was a 4' black snake... It was awesome. Chased it all over the yard trying to get it back in the woods...
Like I said, the problem is relying on the headshape is being fooled by a bluffer. Multiple non-venomous species can appear to have triangular heads.

Snakes get defensive when they feel cornered. Tons of observations and research show cottonmouths, copperheads, and timber rattlesnakes (especially) are passive. Cottonmouths can be inquisitive as well as being quick to get defensive (but they do not chase people as some say). Copperheads are very passive unless bothered with (which again is generally true for all species). You'd be surprised how many are walked past or stepped on without striking or moving.

Many people mistake common watersnakes (Nerodia sipedon) for copperheads. Nerodias can be very quick to strike and get pretty ornery.

20200710_193419.jpg

Btw folks, I accepted a PhD research project at Virginia Tech! This was lowkey an extremely hard decision. Last week, after announcing my decision between Auburn and VT, a position was offered at UT... I interviewed and was a finalist but ultimately decided to pull my consideration. In the end, VT's program will diversify my resume, is considered more prestigious, more pay, etc. but man it was hard to say no to the BESS department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back