Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what was in the link:
"As was the case at Georgia Tech, former University of Tennessee football coach and administrator Robert Neyland faced a similar situation. In 1961, Neyland canceled a track meet because an opponent was going to let a Black student-athlete compete (Epling, 1994). His decision to cancel the event eventually led to him stepping down from his position in 1962. In addition, Neyland was also involved in an altercation with a Black student, Avon Rollins, in which he verbally abused the student for his inquiry into trying out for the basketball team at Tennessee (Epling, 1994). In recognition of his 36 years of service, Tennessee named their football stadium, Neyland Stadium, posthumously after Robert."

The second one is stupid. The first one, does anyone have any more info? Like did he cancel the even because of a black runner or because of specific runner who happened to be black but was opposed for another reason?
For craps sake...when are people going to let **** in the past go? People do not take how people were raised and taught into account when judging those from the past. Robert Neyland was not an evil man...for ***** sake let it ******* go.

Would appreciate prayers, folks. I’ve mentioned on here before that my dad is battling dementia. He’s been struggling the past couple of days, so we had him taken to the emergency room. Just heard back that he has COVID. He’s not in distress. I would appreciate prayers that he continues not to be in distress and that my brother and I make the right decisions about his care.
Prayers Sent

View attachment 291357
Not taking up for him or anything of that nature, but I’ll leave this little conversation piece here...and grenade drop into the thread 3..2..1 🔥🤯
Very interesting considering he still looked like trash at times.

HAHAHAHHAHA!...self explanatory really...did you not see the glorified 12 yard curl routes he’s been practicing on?..it’s pretty clear why it’s high.JG doesn’t take shots down field.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
My DIL shared something on FB a while back that said they were finding it has something to do with the blood, but I can't remember what it was. It made sense with how it has a different effect on different people. I will have to try to find that.

I'm sorry SaS, but I couldn't get past this without laughing lol

Well the two vaccines gaining traction are “non-active” vaccines. So they can’t really be worse than the virus considering you wouldn’t actually be getting the virus. The vaccine would just mimic it and cause you to form Antibodies.
Thanks for the potentially good news

Scientists stick together...amirite?

37_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg

View attachment 291357
Not taking up for him or anything of that nature, but I’ll leave this little conversation piece here...and grenade drop into the thread 3..2..1 🔥🤯
Very interesting considering he still looked like trash at times.
That's because he shortarmed all the passes to the running back in the flat or screens that would normally get that YAC. Also made his receiver have to check up on downfield throws instead of hitting them in stride. A twenty yard completion is great but not when it could have been a twenty-two yard catch and a 30 yard sprint to the end zone if the receiver was hit in stride. I can't remember which game it was but he overthrew a wide open Dominic Wood-Anderson on a seam route with nothing between him and the end zone 60 yards away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back