Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling much better, but it’s just been a very odd Summer through and through.

I recently graduated with my Master’s degree and have been looking for a job, but there just had been very little in the way of opportunities (Thought I might have a job waiting at UT, but looks like all the uncertainty killed the position), so I have been staying with my mom as I continue my search. She went through a divorce at the end of last year and although things had got better between them, things took a turn for the worse and her ex-husband sold the house on short notice. My mom is having a house built which was supposed to be done in early June, but it has been delayed to the point where it won’t be ready till early August. Literally the day before we had to be out of the house, my mom fell ill and my sister who was in town took her to a clinic to see what was up. My mom tested positive for Flu A, strep throat, and Covid-19, so due to exposure, we had to all head to my sister’s studio apartment in downtown Nashville which is where I’ve been the last week.

So that’s my life 🙃

Gotta go thru the rain to get to the sunshine.
Everything will get better brodie. Prayers that everything works out for you

Ran into Coach Mason at the beach. He grinned when I said good luck this season . He saw our orange canopy and the power T on my hat.

P.S. No puffy vest. Probably didn't want to get noticed.
Were you on 30A? I saw him at Watersound in Santa Rosa Beach a few weeks ago.

Actually a very personable guy.

Feeling much better, but it’s just been a very odd Summer through and through.

I recently graduated with my Master’s degree and have been looking for a job, but there just had been very little in the way of opportunities (Thought I might have a job waiting at UT, but looks like all the uncertainty killed the position), so I have been staying with my mom as I continue my search. She went through a divorce at the end of last year and although things had got better between them, things took a turn for the worse and her ex-husband sold the house on short notice. My mom is having a house built which was supposed to be done in early June, but it has been delayed to the point where it won’t be ready till early August. Literally the day before we had to be out of the house, my mom fell ill and my sister who was in town took her to a clinic to see what was up. My mom tested positive for Flu A, strep throat, and Covid-19, so due to exposure, we had to all head to my sister’s studio apartment in downtown Nashville which is where I’ve been the last week.

So that’s my life 🙃

What did you get your Master's in? Might need to look nationally for a job, especially if you are pretty specialized.

Moved to London for work about 3-4 months ago...pubs opened yesterday for the first time since I’ve been here, on the 4th of July no less. Talk about a unique celebration in enemy territory

Jealous. My wife and I want to move to London but neither of our companies have an office in London and getting a company to sponsor on a Tier 2 Visa is pretty damn tough. Did your current company transfer you or did you find a company to sponsor you?

Reactions: Volsdeep4
What did you get your Master's in? Might need to look nationally for a job, especially if you are pretty specialized.
I work in athletics, my master’s is in Sports Management, so I’m already looking nationally. Unfortunately, uncertainty surrounding this Fall and the economic struggle of the past couple months has the rate of job postings greatly, greatly diminished.

Jealous. My wife and I want to move to London but neither of our companies have an office in London and getting a company to sponsor on a Tier 2 Visa is pretty damn tough. Did your current company transfer you or did you find a company to sponsor you?

I work for a start-up management consulting firm based in the US, and we want to expand internationally, so I moved over to open up the UK entity. My VISA is for that specific scenario, now I am applying (on behalf of the UK entity) for the ability to sponsor employees to move over on a Tier 2.

The move hasn't been great so far with everything shut down, but excited for everything to open up and getting to experience the remaining London summer.

You can take a lake boat back into the Blue Basin of Reelfoot Lake and spot both osprey and bald eagles quite regularly as they will build their nests in a lot of trees and tree stumps in the basin.

59a036125bd7cbea28b08260b8ebed5a.jpg

osprey-nest.jpg
Beautiful

Reactions: SoilVol
Agreed. We were on/hiking across it too on the mountains-to-sea trail 🖑 A great day to getting back close to nature.
I probably drove right by you, we drove the leg up from Asheville to Little Switzerland, and drove up to the summit of Mt Mitchell. It was a beautiful, relaxing day.

I have 17 days till we go on a two week trip to the three southern Colorado NPS. I hope to drive the San Juan Scenic Byway (some of you may know it as the Million Dollar Highway) and Silver Thread Scenic Byway as we go.

I may go on to Capitol Reef and Bryce Canyon before heading back home. I just pray that the idiots don't shut everything back down. I really need this trip.

sad post, but this has always been a good place for venting things -
I lost my Dad yesterday after a long struggle with Parkinson’s. And today would be my Mom’s 80th bday, but she passed last fall, succumbing to Alzheimer’s.

So, just an observation from undergoing two soul-battering deaths fairly back-to-back: We all need to spend more time loving on each other and less time worried about what makes us different. We should find the things that unify us and celebrate them and not dwell so much on the divisive things. Democrat, Republican, white, black - whatever: we’re all neighbors, friends, Vol fans, and most importantly- the most amazing creations In the entire known universe. The other little annoying things seem quite insignificant in light of that last fact.
Very sorry for your loss. Thank you for reminding us that people are at their very best when they're helping people.

sad post, but this has always been a good place for venting things -
I lost my Dad yesterday after a long struggle with Parkinson’s. And today would be my Mom’s 80th bday, but she passed last fall, succumbing to Alzheimer’s.

So, just an observation from undergoing two soul-battering deaths fairly back-to-back: We all need to spend more time loving on each other and less time worried about what makes us different. We should find the things that unify us and celebrate them and not dwell so much on the divisive things. Democrat, Republican, white, black - whatever: we’re all neighbors, friends, Vol fans, and most importantly- the most amazing creations In the entire known universe. The other little annoying things seem quite insignificant in light of that last fact.
I’m so sorry

Update: he put his foot in the cooler to ice it and his wife broke my camping chair that is supposed to hold up to 350 lbs. classy bunch
And for the cherry on top, we woke up to our neighbors screen door being ripped off the hinges and laying in the front lawn. Really makes me feel at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back