Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I watch is on regular YouTube app. Free. I am subscribed to about 100 different channels. A&E, history, movies, there is so much to watch for free , I would never pay for anything. Fights will be pirated on there the next day, just have to watch them before they are blocked. I watched a cool old movie Southern Comfort last night, have not seen since a wee chap, I understood it this time, was on YouTube Movies, free.

Then you're back at $65/month. It's like they all are in cahoots!
Makes one wonder why we thought streaming services could undercut cable in the long run to begin with. Maybe less overhead, I guess, but besides that? Not sure what competitive advantage they have to keep costs lower for equal packages. TV contracts for the biggest channels will still be there.

The idea for some was likely having more customized packages. But once many consumers realize the price of a single bigtime channel, they turn tail. And the difference in a 10-channel package and 100 becomes negligible. The hop and skip from 100 to 200 isn't far off. Economies of scale, so to speak, becomes a reality for a household of viewers of varying interests.

And the irony in huge football TV contracts, which we laud for our university, yet boost cable prices through the roof, is not lost on many fans.

Everything I watch is on regular YouTube app. Free. I am subscribed to about 100 different channels. A&E, history, movies, there is so much to watch for free , I would never pay for anything. Fights will be pirated on there the next day, just have to watch them before they are blocked. I watched a cool old movie Southern Comfort last night, have not seen since a wee chap, I understood it this time, was on YouTube Movies, free.
How do you watch football and ut basketball doe?

You miss out bigly watching reaction videos all night lol

0.26 mortality rate. I know of three people who have recovered from it. One of them is 92 years old.That said it is a serious disease that can straight mess you up but it's not the black death part 2. Respect it but also don't be afraid to live. A million people die every year from malaria. People still go outside with mosquitoes.

I do not think malaria is a good example to use. Malaria is treatable but the majority of malaria deaths and cases occur in Africa. Given that many African countries are poor, people are outside with mosquitoes because they do not really have a choice.

Reactions: VolGee4
I actually agree with your premise. But you might want another example than malaria. CDC says on average 5 people in U.S. die from it, and most are from overseas travel.
Ok then. I'll be more accurate. It's actually down to 600,000 people who die each year from malaria mostly in other countries and people still go outside there. It used to be much worse. But life went on. The point still stands. Just roll with it 👌

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Makes one wonder why we thought streaming services could undercut cable in the long run to begin with. Maybe less overhead, I guess, but besides that? Not sure what competitive advantage they have to keep costs lower for equal packages. TV contracts for the biggest channels will still be there.

The idea for some was likely having more customized packages. But once many consumers realize the price of a single bigtime channel, they turn tail. And the difference in a 10-channel package and 100 becomes negligible. The hop and skip from 100 to 200 isn't far off. Economies of scale, so to speak, becomes a reality for a household of viewers of varying interests.

And the irony in huge football TV contracts, which we laud for our university, yet boost cable prices through the roof, is not lost on many fans.

5 years ago I started using Sling TV. I was talking with my mother about it and I told her that more will come out because at the time Sling was basically the first big kid on a new block. Others will want to stake claim in the "we charge you less for the same channels!" gig. Then, 3 years ago I switched to YouTube TV because they offered exactly what I wanted and a better experience even though it was $15 more per month than Sling. Sling just didn't have a great network with the app being extremely horrible with buffering issues alllllll the time. Anyway, when I switched to YouTube TV my parents again asked about it (YouTube TV this time). I told them that its great yada yada yada. But, I also said that this won't last. These companies will do the same exact thing cable services did. Keep adding more and more and continue to increase prices over time trying to trick it's customers and get a large piece of the pie. It's just a big huge circle. In all honesty, this will continue until a company comes out of the woodwork allowing a customer to truly pick each channel they want and only pay for those channels (plus a fee for having the service, of course). Won't happen, though. No network will go along with that. FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc. want you to have every single channel or none of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back