Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another excellent post.

Numbers are funny things. For example I heard that the CDC in their update on Wednesday stated that only 7% of the reported virus related deaths listed the virus as the sole cause. I’ve seen a wide range of estimates for the number of Americans who have potentially had the virus. My favorite is a polling survey where 33% of the respondents thought they had probably had it at one time. That was I think around 6 weeks ago so I figure that percentage could be up close to 50% or more by now.

So out of 126,780 reported deaths about 8,875 are perhaps solely attributed to the virus. In Washington State there were 5 people who died of gunshot wounds but testing showed they had the virus so they were listed as Covid deaths. In Colorado a man was found dead in a park with a blood alcohol level of 0.55% and listed as a Covid death. In California, San Diego County Supervisor Jim Desmond investigated 194 COVID-19 deaths through mid-May and found that only six could be clearly claimed as caused by COVID-19. “We’ve unfortunately had six pure, solely coronavirus deaths — six out of 3.3 million people,” said Desmond.

There’s a certain number of people that die every day in our country for a whole host of causes. The CDC reported a total of 2,813,503 deaths for the year 2018 from all those causes. There’s also a certain number of new people that are born every day, 3,791,712 for the full year 2018. To the best of my knowledge there is only one cause for that. Anyway, we probably won’t know the real numbers of Covid deaths until some far future date when the numbers are no longer politically useful. jmo.

This is a projection for the U.S. and the number of deaths we will likely have annually going forward. We have a bit of an aging population so the death rate has been increasing the past few years and is expect to continue doing so for several more. It offers some perspective I think. jmo.

ScreenHunter 458.png

As expected with no pads on it’s the skill position guys that generate the most buzz. Everyone continues to talk about the newcomers at receiver like Jimmy Holiday, Jimmy Callaway and Jaylin Hyatt. Running back Tee Hodge has gotten the attention of some with his work ethic both on the field and in the film room as he tries to learn the offense as quickly as he can.

With Tim Jordan gone, there is a real opportunity for a freshman in the running back rotation behind Ty Chandler and Eric Gray.
-VQ.

We’ve talked a lot about how Tennessee’s 2021 recruiting board seems pretty firm and is loaded with high level targets. Now that Harrison Ingramhas moved up to No. 9 nationally in the most recent rivals rankings update, Tennessee is a legit player for four top-10 ranked players in this upcoming class.

Additionally, all four have been on campus. Paolo Banchero (No. 3), Jabari Smith (No. 5) and Kennedy Chandler (No. 10) all made official visits as juniors while Ingram was on campus unofficially as a sophomore.

One name who we kind of mentioned in passing a couple of months back should now probably be added in a more serious capacity, and that’s the No. 22 ranked prospect in 2021, Charles Bediako. Tennessee has had frequent dialogue with Bediako in recent weeks and the coaching staff spoke to him again this week.
-VQ.

Numbers are funny things. For example I heard that the CDC in their update on Wednesday stated that only 7% of the reported virus related deaths listed the virus as the sole cause. I’ve seen a wide range of estimates for the number of Americans who have potentially had the virus. My favorite is a polling survey where 33% of the respondents thought they had probably had it at one time. That was I think around 6 weeks ago so I figure that percentage could be up close to 50% or more by now.

So out of 126,780 reported deaths about 8,875 are perhaps solely attributed to the virus. In Washington State there were 5 people who died of gunshot wounds but testing showed they had the virus so they were listed as Covid deaths. In Colorado a man was found dead in a park with a blood alcohol level of 0.55% and listed as a Covid death. In California, San Diego County Supervisor Jim Desmond investigated 194 COVID-19 deaths through mid-May and found that only six could be clearly claimed as caused by COVID-19. “We’ve unfortunately had six pure, solely coronavirus deaths — six out of 3.3 million people,” said Desmond.

There’s a certain number of people that die every day in our country for a whole host of causes. The CDC reported a total of 2,813,503 deaths for the year 2018 from all those causes. There’s also a certain number of new people that are born every day, 3,791,712 for the full year 2018. To the best of my knowledge there is only one cause for that. Anyway, we probably won’t know the real numbers of Covid deaths until some far future date when the numbers are no longer politically useful. jmo.

This is a projection for the U.S. and the number of deaths we will likely have annually going forward. We have a bit of an aging population so the death rate has been increasing the past few years and is expect to continue doing so for several more. It offers some perspective I think. jmo.

View attachment 288872
Do you remember the good old days when reporters would have absolutely reported this so that those wanting to use something like this for political purposes would have been exposed? Yeah, I remember that.

Is was found by a black man so imagine what his initial reaction was. I used to work offshore as a commercial diver. Me and several other guys that I worked with was on this deep sea drilling platform inside a big toolroom. All the people that was divers was white with maybe 1 or 2 black guys that was riggers. There was a few more of the platforms drilling crew in there that was black. One of the drilling guys found a noose in the room. He started going off asking whi the hell made it looking directly at my bald head. I just went back to working on the equipment in hand. It started getting very uncomfortable with all that was being said. After about 5 minutes one of the other black drilling guys fessed up too it. The original guy that found it directed his anger on him and berated him for being so foolish as to almost start a big fight between the 2 groups. I think most of us there will never forget how dumb that was for that guy to do that in a room full of black and white people that worked for 2 different companies. It has an effect that is no good. Can you see why that black man that worked for Bubba called the FBI especially after Bubba just got nascar to stop flying the rebel flag. Sometimes you have to look at things from a different perspective.
As a black man who I consider good man, can I ask you a question? I am really trying to understand what is going on..I just saw an interview with the New York BLM leader and he said they wanted "black sovereignty"...that my friend is not equality, that literally means black rule.

I know you can't speak for everyone, but please tell me that is not how anywhere close to a majority of black Americans feel...

If that is so, or if not, even if they let the movement be taken over by these guys...we are headed for a real race war...a real...bloody civil war.

If they continue to kill and hurt and burn and steal and subvert society, at some point white people, not those pussies kneeling and kissin ass all over the place, but red blooded blue collar good people who just want to get along, want everyone to have real equality and live in peace ..will get sick of it and fight back for real, and lots of good people of every color will die.

I hope the black civil rights movement is taken back over by good people, and I hope the evil nutso white extremists don't start gaining converts from this lunacy.

God almighty I just want everybody to get along..😢

Last edited:
More likely every day there won't be a session this year yall. Now comes the part where we decide what happens to the seniors. Do they get another year of eligibility?
I said a while back we were not having a season. They are just going to cancel the whole damn year, and covid is still going to be there anyway...forever...so I don't know how this ends...Are they just going to never allow any large gathering that is not a riot/protest from here on out?

This is ridiculous and I told all of you that the weenies were going to take away life for the whole damn year...probably next year too..

As a black man who I consider good man, can I ask you a question? I am really trying to understand what is going on..I just saw an interview with the New York BLM leader and he said they wanted "black sovereignty"...that my friend is not equality, that literally means black rule.

I know you can't speak for everyone, but please tell me that is not how anywhere close to a majority of black Americans feel...

If that is so, or if not, even if they let the movement be taken over by these guys...we are headed for a real race war...a real...bloody civil war.

If they continue to kill and hurt and burn and steal and subvert society, at some point white people, not those pussies kneeling and kissin ass all over the place, but red blooded blue collar good people who just want to get along, want everyone to have real equality and live in peace ..will get sick of it and fight back for real, and lots of good people of every color will die.

I hope the black civil rights movement is taken back over by good people, and I hope the evil nutso white extremists don't start gaining converts from this lunacy.

God almighty I just want everybody to get along..😢
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure T Dog is not a black man, but either way, u are right, he seems like a good dude.

View attachment 288872

Good stuff as always, Chatt.

Reactions: ChattaTNVol

View attachment 288872
This is great information. I think there is reason for concern, but Falsifying data for political gains in this case, especially, is reprehensible.

View attachment 288872
That is not unusual. People never die of leukemia or Aids.Its always caused by an illness contracted because of immunodepression

If there is a season, it has potential to be chaos. Can you imagine 20 players on a team getting Covid right before a big game. Or a starting QB. Or even coaches at key positions. It could be insane. Games could get cancelled or good teams may get beat by mediocre teams because they lose key players on their rosters. It'll be very interesting. I just hope our Vols stay healthy and we're on the winning end of these scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back