Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have recommendations for a nice outdoor family outing for a family with 1,4,6, and 7 year old boys who love adventures? Maybe a kid friendly waterfall or a rope bridge, old structure to explore, etc. I’ll have to carry the baby. 2-hr radius around Nashville.
Throw some dirt and rocks out for them and tell them it's a state park
play.jpg

Pretty concerned that they may be canceling golf because of a couple positive tests. Not going to be good for other sports

Pretty concerned that they may be canceling golf because of a couple positive tests. Not going to be good for other sports

eh. one of the players tested positive and withdrew from teh tournament. no fans already. i think as long as they're regularly testing the players, there's really no reason to not play the tournaments.
golf is one sport that you have little chance of the kind of contact required to spread.....

but would agree, if they cancel golf....it'll be hard to get other sports, especially contact sports, to get going in full swing....

but i don't think that's what hte press conf is about...would be surprised if it was a "we're cancelling golf" deal.

@HoleInTheRoof do we have a thread on this kid? I can’t find one but search feature not too kind with three letter names and this kid has two of them. Looks like we offered in April and a very positive article on UT on 247

Sorry I didn’t get on last night so I never saw this. I tried searching to no avail. Only Orr thread I started was on our ‘19 PWO RB Fred Orr.

Reactions: Ron Swanson
From interviews the guy seems like a jerk but don't think it was intentional, at least by him.
He hadn't walked by the rope for a year, this was their 1st time at Talladega this year. Each garage is different.
Seems like incompetence from everyone. I mean everyone.
Even the guy that made it a "pull down"

Unless he didn't have legs, you would have to lay on the floor to close the door with that handle😅

Not even exaggerating

View attachment 288571

"Real American heroes...here's to you garage door closer guy".
Best post I've seen about this.

Good morning, since SNAFU has been embraced by VN, figured that I could add to the VN acronym lexicon:

BOHICA

Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again

This one is especially for those with BVS. We just finished a decade of Bohica...

FUBAR is widely known but almost applied to our football program:

F’ed
Up
Beyond
All
Recognition

Or my twist which also applies FUBAD:

F’ed
Up
By
Athletic
Director

With each event during our decade of depression, repeatedly appropriate
would be TARFU:
Things
Are
Really
F’ed
Up

Then for when a poster asks how it’s going to catch up, there’s SUSFU:

Situation
Unchanged,
Still
F’ed
Up

This acronym PSA has been brought to you by the newly entered VN Decade of Dominance. With the sincere hope that these acronyms can only be applied to past events as they pertain to the Tennessee Football Program.
This is awesome. Bohica is not as well known as it should be.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Prayers would be appreciated for my family. This morning we said goodbye to my father-in-law. He was a man that filled a dad sized hole in my life when I started dating my wife. He showed me so much and meant so much to so many.
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you and your family.

I thought he wasn't supposed to make the team lol
Don't think he's made the roster just yet. But he gets that 110k gtd signing bonus at the very least. 600k+ salary if he makes roster. They've already had some WR injuries, so have to like his chances.

Last edited:
It's been reported, by TB, that one of our basketball players who has tested positive is not doing so good. If that's true, it may just get some of the younger generation to pay more attention to this virus.

Who the f is TB and how would anyone know how they are doing? Just stop.

We now also know you don't read this thread very often.

I read it every day, and have for 10 years.

And it has gone way down hill of late. Sorry I stepped on some egos that count this thread as their private beer review/bbq recommendation/vaca tips thread. THAT is what off topic thread is for.

This used to be a spot to escape the crazies of the FF and thoughtfully talk Vols; now not so much.

I spoke my peace. I got ambushed. Not one of the cool guys and OK with that.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose

And it has gone way down hill of late. Sorry I stepped on some egos that count this thread as their private beer review/bbq recommendation/vaca tips thread. THAT is what off topic thread is for.

This used to be a spot to escape the crazies of the FF and thoughtfully talk Vols; now not so much.

We have no sports and you bitching about a FOOTBALL thread staying on topic. Take a lap.

Been on here since 2013 and lurked two years before that. Off topic has always happened and as long as it doesn’t take multiple pages (or involve politics), Frank lets it have a light leash. Resume oppressed status.

Been on here since 2013 and lurked two years before that. Off topic has always happened and as long as it doesn’t take multiple pages (or involve politics), Frank lets it have a light leash. Resume oppressed status.

Haha. Not oppressed, and a passionate Vol. Guess I have just had 72,000 less things to say than you over the last 7 years.

Sort of live by the adage that it is better to remain quiet and be though a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Peace

You spoke your piece, we spoke ours...if you call that little bit of back an forth trash talk an "ambush"..then you are an extremely sensitive soul.

If you don't like us over here, then feel fine to go back where you came from.

It is the longest offseason of all time...we always talk about dumb stuff in the offseason..this time it is worse because we have almost nothing to talk about.

Haha. Not oppressed, and a passionate Vol. Guess I have just had 72,000 less things to say than you over the last 7 years.

Sort of live by the adage that it is better to remain quiet and be though a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Peace
Yep...the FF is definitely your gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back