Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia and North Carolina also have everything TN, Arkansas and Kentucky have...plus the Atlantic coast.

I would probably stay in NC for the long haul if my entire family wasn’t in TN. It’s really nice to drive 3 hours to the beach and 2 hours to the mountains.

I have lived and/or spent significant amounts of time in pretty much every state in the Southeast US outside of FL and Alabama.

TN, Arkansas, and Kentucky are my favorite states in that order. Those three states are very similar, you get mountains, hill land, and flat delta areas. You can find beauty in all of them if you are willing to look for it. The only area in the southeast that really just doesn't do it for me, is the deep south pine belt...

South Carolina was by far my least favorite state to live in. Followed by Louisiana.

I loved living down on the bayou, northern Louisiana, not so much. Living in Mississippi is by far the worst for me.

Anyone have recommendations for a nice outdoor family outing for a family with 1,4,6, and 7 year old boys who love adventures? Maybe a kid friendly waterfall or a rope bridge, old structure to explore, etc. I’ll have to carry the baby. 2-hr radius around Nashville.
Narrows of the Harpeth State Park. Montgomery Bell State Park at the Lake Woodhaven spillway.

There's also kayak/canoe rentals near the narrows if you think you're capable of safely handling that.

Prayers would be appreciated for my family. This morning we said goodbye to my father-in-law. He was a man that filled a dad sized hole in my life when I started dating my wife. He showed me so much and meant so much to so many.

Sounds like a great legacy. You’ll carry it on. Prayers.

One of the things I’ve heard is that a lot of people who die from the virus are doing so because of complications from pneumonia brought on by the virus. I’ve read about how the virus attacks the various systems and organs in the body and the ongoing efforts by science to deal with it. I don’t know if I will ever have to deal with it directly or not. So far I don’t know anyone personally who has knowingly had it.

I don’t want anyone to get the impression that I don’t appreciate that it’s a serious threat, moreso for some people than others.

When I was 6 years old I lost a little brother who was 2 at the time. He died at the hospital from complications from pneumonia.

My most vivid memory of him was him looking at me as he was standing in the floor in the middle of the living room when he first got sick. He had started crying.

I’ve kept him with me all these years. He’s been like my angel and I say that because when I think about him it’s like thinking about the power of the Love of God. It is very overwhelming and many people I think flee from it.

My heart always aches for my little brother. I almost never can think about him without tearing up. I’ve watched my grandparents, my parents, and other relatives pass on to eternity and all of my memories of them tend toward the positive. Their passing was painful at the time but I guess maybe because when you’re older you eventually adjust to some extent. That never happened with my little brother. In my memory time stood still with his passing. I still desperately want him to come home from the hospital.

That should've been the moment. The moment we announced to college football that we were finally back.

Alas, here we are five years later, still waiting on the moment. Time will tell.

I get some comfort when I think of how close Jones came to breaking through here. He made lots of mistakes and in hindsight was pretty limited as a coach, but in the '15 season he was a hair's breadth away from a major breakout season.

If Jones can come that close, I think Pruitt can get it done.

One of the things I’ve heard is that a lot of people who die from the virus are doing so because of complications from pneumonia brought on by the virus. I’ve read about how the virus attacks the various systems and organs in the body and the ongoing efforts by science to deal with it. I don’t know if I will ever have to deal with it directly or not. So far I don’t know anyone personally who has knowingly had it.

I don’t want anyone to get the impression that I don’t appreciate that it’s a serious threat, moreso for some people than others.

When I was 6 years old I lost a little brother who was 2 at the time. He died at the hospital from complications from pneumonia.

My most vivid memory of him was him looking at me as he was standing in the floor in the middle of the living room when he first got sick. He had started crying.

I’ve kept him with me all these years. He’s been like my angel and I say that because when I think about him it’s like thinking about the power of the Love of God. It is very overwhelming and many people I think flee from it.

My heart always aches for my little brother. I almost never can think about him without tearing up. I’ve watched my grandparents, my parents, and other relatives pass on to eternity and all of my memories of them tend toward the positive. Their passing was painful at the time but I guess maybe because when you’re older you eventually adjust to some extent. That never happened with my little brother. In my memory time stood still with his passing. I still desperately want him to come home from the hospital.
😢

You guys do know that this thread is called "Recruiting Forum FOOTBALL Talk"?

And that there is a "Recruiting Forum OFF TOPIC Talk" thread just a click away?
You guys do know that this thread is called "Recruiting Forum FOOTBALL Talk"?

And that there is a "Recruiting Forum OFF TOPIC Talk" thread just a click away?

And that same click away can take you out of here.

I get some comfort when I think of how close Jones came to breaking through here. He made lots of mistakes and in hindsight was pretty limited as a coach, but in the '15 season he was a hair's breadth away from a major breakout season.

If Jones can come that close, I think Pruitt can get it done.
Dobbs really screwed it up for us. If not for him, we would have gotten rid of Butch 2 years earlier

When it’s FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE –

The reports last year were that we had around 7,000 more fans show up for the BYU game than were at Neyland for the GSU loss. We’re like Timex fans, we take a licking and keep on ticking. Granted the actual crowd size isn’t always measuring up to the “announced” crowd size but still our crowds are larger than most stadium capacities in football. It just looks so much more amazing when it is actually full and our atmosphere is at peak performance.

In all of college football last year attendance for games as reported by the NCAA was 47,537,702 and that includes everything, home games, neutral site games, bowl games, and playoff games, for all divisions. The FBS portion of that number was 36,831,692. The SEC portion of that number was 7,417,759. The combined total of home, road, and neutral site attendance for Tennessee’s games in 2019 was 1,055,406 and 702,912 of that was at Neyland. Our average home attendance was 87,864 as “announced”. The average money spent for attendance by an SEC fan for college football is around $1,212 not including any hotel cost. This is for the season so theoretically, Tennessee fans, even without filling the stadium to capacity, might be spending around $106,491,168 to attend games at Neyland every year. The average cost for the season for those staying in hotels is $4,232 and since some people do do that there’s even more money being spent. Tennessee has one of the best “traveling” fanbases in the history of any sport.

Football accounts for at least 67% of all athletic department revenue at Tennessee and that revenue can essentially be split into three broad streams, ticket sales, contributions, and media rights. Those revenue streams each produce about 30% +/- 2% or so of the total.

Around 50% of fans attending college football are under the age of 35. About 43% are age 35-64 and only about 7% are in the age group 65+.

college-football-attendance-by-age-group-and-income-group.png

There’s a weird and somewhat unpredictable psychology going around right now. I’m not sure what to expect when it comes to how all this plays out. This is a table from TDPH this morning on the effects of the virus by age group here in the state. Again, I’m not sure how the psychology is going to play out but for the vast majority of those who attend college football games the fatality rate appears to be extremely small.

View attachment 288580

There seems to be a climate of fear fostered among some but my take is that many younger segments in the population aren't buying in. I think most older people, those in vulnerable demographics, are probably, as best they can, taking the appropriate and wise safety precautions. I'm just not sure how this is going to play out. I think many younger people will likely still show up for the games, assuming they are played, while a certain portion of older people may stay home and catch the games on TV. I'm pretty sure if we play, it's not going to be a situation where one size fits all with regards to how fans will respond.

Having said that, I tend to believe if we are 3-0 when Florida comes to Rocky Top, Neyland will likely be at maximum capacity and rocking like crazy. jmo.
It's been reported, by TB, that one of our basketball players who has tested positive is not doing so good. If that's true, it may just get some of the younger generation to pay more attention to this virus.

Anyone have recommendations for a nice outdoor family outing for a family with 1,4,6, and 7 year old boys who love adventures? Maybe a kid friendly waterfall or a rope bridge, old structure to explore, etc. I’ll have to carry the baby. 2-hr radius around Nashville.
Chili’s 3 for $10

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back