Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gov. DeSantis in Florida just signed a bill allowing college athletes to earn money from endorsements starting next summer, as if recruiting needed to be easier for schools in Florida.
Just because it’s law in that state doesn’t mean the NCAA will honor that and allow those that do it to be eligible.

Reactions: barrylee

We're within two years of reloading, not restocking. This staff is building a championship caliber roster that is built for long term success, not just a paper recruit ranking championship. I trust this staff's evaluation over any recruiting service as well as their vision for the future. I've hesitated uttering "we're back" much bc it means more to me than just landing a few recruits. Beating our rivals, ending losing streaks, and instilling fear before our guys ever see the field is our rightful place among the SEC.

...but we're really f'ing close.

I foresee a big payday for JP and staff as early as late 2020/early 2021. Fulmer knows what we have in JP and what he's building.

We're within two years of reloading, not restocking. This staff is building a championship caliber roster that is built for long term success, not just a paper recruit ranking championship. I trust this staff's evaluation over any recruiting service as well as their vision for the future. I've hesitated uttering "we're back" much bc it means more to me than just landing a few recruits. Beating our rivals, ending losing streaks, and instilling fear before our guys ever see the field is our rightful place among the SEC.

...but we're really f'ing close.

I foresee a big payday for JP and staff as early as late 2020/early 2021. Fulmer knows what we have in JP and what he's building.
It’s happening. We’re winning the East or at worst we finish 2nd, back in national discussion, preseason Top 5. Pruitt gets a huge raise and extension. We back.

It’s happening. We’re winning the East or at worst we finish 2nd, back in national discussion, preseason Top 5. Pruitt gets a huge raise and extension. We back.

I want to say I agree fully; and I do with the exception of one position. Until that improves significantly I will remain cautiously optimistic while hoping for the best.

Had the pleasure of trying In N Out for the first time tonight in Austin. While I looked forward to it for a long time and it was good, Whataburger is better.
When In N Out first came to the Dallas area, a few years ago, people were waiting over 3 hours for their order. The first few months was just nuts. It's just a plain ole hamburger---#1, #2 or #3.

Anyone else having a real tough time getting excited for football?

Maybe I’m not optimistic that it happens, or it will just be a shell of its former self. But everything else going on really deflates any real joy I have in it. The gleeful anticipation just isn’t there for me.

Maybe I should stay off Twitter. My hope for humanity is at all time low. Somebody pick me up.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Maybe I’m not optimistic that it happens, or it will just be a shell of its former self. But everything else going on really deflates any real joy I have in it. The gleeful anticipation just isn’t there for me.

Maybe I should stay off Twitter. My hope for humanity is at all time low. Somebody pick me up.
Errybody trying to one-up the other on being woke as is. Really looking forward to the BLM You Know What You Did Play Of The Game. 😖

I got you man

tenor.gif
actually I do think some good has come from the protests, I just feel that so many other groups are trying to hijack the movement. But I can’t wait til all sports come back. Ppl need an outlet and/or a vacation! Hell, I know I’m counting down til mine.

tenor.gif
Delete Twitter brother

Hey, I remember in our myriad off-topic discussions that there has been some recommendations on the TVs with Roku built in. Can y'all give me your thoughts on that again? There's the ONN, HCL, Hi-sense. I know they are not the marquis brands, but for the price, if they last a few years it's worth it.

Anyway, which ones have y'all bought and had great luck with? Thanks!

Still a year, or two, away? Maybe but if we continue to recruit at this level, we can be a realistic topic of conversation...

Blue-Chip Ratio 2020: The 15 teams who can win a national title
Yep. Nailed it.

This is a concept most of the “Stars don’t matter” bunch simply fail to grasp, and a variation of the data I’ve been sharing for years -

“Recruiting rankings are not perfect. But they are damn good, especially in the aggregate. Four- and five-star recruits are about 10 times more likely to be drafted in the first round than their two- and three-star counterparts. And five-stars are about 33 times more likely to be All-Americans as two-stars. For every two-star who becomes a big success, there are multiples who will be going pro in something other than sports.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back