Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was taught that word has no place in my world. It’s only derogatory regardless. It’s demeaning. There are whole generations that fought for equality and to remove that word as a descriptor. I have respect for those generations of heroes. Those are my people.
You will never hear that word pass my lips nor be allowed in my house.

Just my opinion.
Exactly! I taught that exact same thing in my classroom! I do not use it. I hate it. The poster saying he had friends that were offended because he didn't say it because he was considered part of their group.... Mercy! I would have a hard time even if I thought they wanted me to. Good thing I prefer classical music to rap. 😂

It absolutely is a big deal and think of it with our history of being pioneers.... condredge, pat, now Pruitt basically leading the charge of SEC coaches marching with his players. It’s really amazing and I’m very proud of him for it. Especially with the amount of African Americans we have on staff. Now AJ being the head S/C coach.
Did we hire a strength coach? I must have missed that.

We just got smoked in the National Championship. Threw 6 interceptions. Do we even want Duggs back next year???
127,000 viewers at one point. Recruits take note. You get paid from social media events now. Where you going to go where 127k people watch a video game just because their team is playing?

Duggs is not ready for the big stage. Pitiful performance. Got really lucky with all the stars aligning this year to make it as far as he did. He's basically Gene Chizik and will be gone within two years, just in time to tank the roster. We need to cut bait now.

Reactions: Catbone and StoVol
It absolutely is a big deal and think of it with our history of being pioneers.... condredge, pat, now Pruitt basically leading the charge of SEC coaches marching with his players. It’s really amazing and I’m very proud of him for it. Especially with the amount of African Americans we have on staff. Now AJ being the head S/C coach.
When I consider where we’ve come as a university and an area from what Bernard King faced until now, it makes me so proud.

We should be proud that the university representing this state is handling this in the right way. It shows that we are an area that is thankful for the way that God has made each of us, in His image, and all equal in His sight.

I 100% agree my whole
Point is “one” player doesn’t define the university...Peyton was a goat in his on way and the same is said for Tee but dude!...Peyton isn’t the goat here he never won anything on the level of a natty!..he’s just a outstanding person who attended here

Well, FL scored 62, 35, and maybe 30 against us the three games Peyton could have had that win against them. You hold FL to 17 in any of those years and we likely win the natty, not once but possibly twice. That defense in 98 helped a ton. I like em both but hard to compare for obvious reasons.

And seriously, people whiteknighting for Dabo...no matter what Mehlen, Dabo, Smart, Saban say, we should run with it. Let em all burn. We have been getting falsely negative recruited by these hypocrites for years now, so seriously eff them all.

TOTALLY AGREE--- these guys have been dragging us for the past 5yrs, so they need to take it now.

It doesn’t matter. Dabo can’t say that word. Period.

Can’t sing it in a song.
Can’t quote from a movie.
Can’t shorten it with an ‘a’.

It should be abundantly clear at this point to anyone paying attention- you just can’t say it, ever.

Dabo is an idiot for doing so.
FCC always had that problem with the seven deadly words. You can't define them unless you say them.

Man...it's kind of sad that Chavis/Fulmer never seemed to figure out Spurrier's offense in the years we had some of our most dominate teams.

Watched that SEC Rewind of Peyton's first game against the Gators in the Swamp where he threw 326 with 2 TDs and we hung 37 on 'em (but gave up 62...48 unanswered in the 2nd half).

Still winning us our first SEC Championship game in school history (and first SEC championship since 1990) with a 3-1 Bowl game record and winning 39 of 45 games as the starter is the most GOAT thing any QB has done at UT, imo.

But acting like he's to blame for the Florida loses is outright wrong. He didn't let Spurrier score 62, 35 & 33. Hell most people would say if you can score 28.7 (averaged score of the 3 games he started against the Gators) then you should be able to win...when your defenses of that era weren't giving up on average more than 22 (the worst points against was the 97 team).

Even if he did use the word, he only said it because he was using the words that he did not want to hear in the song. As is often the case these days, blowing things out of proportion just to make someone look bad, or to get clicks. Hey, I would love to seem him brought down, but in a legitimate way.
He absolutely should not say it. Ever. No excuse. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back