Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perfect opportunity to make a statement and bring eyes back to the game............and the players and owners are to stupid to figure it out. smfh:mad:
MLB still hasn’t pulled me back in as a fan from the 1994 strike. I bet there are lots of people out there that feel the same way.

MLB still hasn’t pulled me back in as a fan from the 1994 strike. I bet there are lots of people out there that feel the same way.
And that's fine. But, there's an opportunity to be the first "major" sport to start playing, and have some people, like yourself, to hopefully start watching again.

that's me. i started to get back in to it in the late 90's with sosa, mcguire, bonds etc....the pitching that was going on...it was exciting and there was some good drama and the field was relatively competitive.

then steroids.

and baseball was boring again, and has been since. i've tuned in for some good stories, the red sox 1st WS run, the cubs....a couple others....but by and large, just couldn't care less, and haven't missed it.

yeah, i think even in the world of hyperbole, there's a point that you cross where it really doesn't matter....lol....and 50Mill is beyond that point.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But if you were a player in this situation I’m guessing you’d feel differently when the owner is a billionaire, that’s all

they have a union. Also the proposal is on a sliding scale, the lower salaried players lose much less than the big dogs. I will continue to call the union GREEDY, thanks though.

Well at least I got you to change from saying the players are greedy to the Union is greedy

Progress is being made

now can we say the owners are greedy as well?

That’s the problem with how people view the players. I know a few players personally and I’ll give you a brief rundown on one specific players situation that I know the best

1) got 5k to sign out of college

2) spent 5 years in the minors making 1000-1500 a month living in apartments with 3-4 other players sleeping on the floor many times

3) got up to the big leagues last year for about 1/3 of the season and made under 200k.

4) should make the roster this year which would have made 550k but now that’s half at best and the owners want him to make less than half.

5) if he doesn’t perform his career is over after spending 7 years of his life making somewhere around 50k a year on average

The point is many many players are in situations like this and they don’t deserve to be talked about as being “greedy” “close to billionaires”

So the guy didn’t make much money as he paid his dues. That’s true for most people starting out in whatever career they choose.

It’s a missed opportunity for MLB. Baseball would offer an escape for those who have gone through rough times with Covid but they’re more concerned about themselves than the collective us. They could have had all eyes on them but now it will be all ridicule.

Owners AND players are going to take a hit this year. But, for the betterment of the game, the future of the game, a compromise needs to be made soon. Both sides are going to have to understand that this season is a one time thing........ hopefully.........
The remaining interest will plummet because of this.

Owners AND players are going to take a hit this year. But, for the betterment of the game, the future of the game, a compromise needs to be made soon. Both sides are going to have to understand that this season is a one time thing........ hopefully.........

Very true

Me too...before that I was a pretty much a rabid die hard baseball fan. The kind that knew the top ten stats leaders in both leagues.

All owners are set for life financially without a doubt. Many players are as well but in a different bracket. However a large % of players aren’t set in any kind of financial stability and that’s why I say the owners need to shoulder a large majority of the losses here

Reactions: beneVOLence
So, after medical evaluation it appears that high dose Vitamin D has no effect on COVID-19 prevention or treatment. However, an increased number of Vitamin D toxicity cases are being reported. (In the UK)

Also of note, mask preventing COVID-19 infection is down to approximately 50% success. (Was reported at 75% previously)

Just reporting what I just read in medical updates. Not my opinion, please don’t attack me 😳

@VolsDoc81TX still hates vitamin D. Noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back