Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Memphis. Had a wind storm blow through yesterday and knocked out power, including traffic lights. Saw cars zoom through intersections with zero regards.
Just curious sister-in-law was in a wreck where a red light was out. People are either ignorant, inconsiderate, or just plain crazy to blow through intersections with or without working signals.

I honestly wonder how much of this is physical talent vs mental talent. Pruitt's recruiting may have as much (or more) to do with getting the guys he believes he can coach to do the right things, rather than getting the guys that appear to be most physically talented. If you happen to get both, then look out.

Kind of like Barnes, too. Barnes wants guys who will take coaching and have mental talent. When those guys are 5 stars, look out.

Just curious sister-in-law was in a wreck where a red light was out. People are either ignorant, inconsiderate, or just plain crazy to blow through intersections with or without working signals.

There is a difference, though. If the lights are totally out, then it has to be treated as a 4 way stop. Sometimes lights are still functioning but default to a blinking yellow on one side and blinking red in the perpendicular cross section. Technically, that’s treated as a stop for the blinking red and no stop for the blinking yellow.

giphy.gif

jordan1.gif

We were so close last year. Jarrett doesn’t miss wide open JJ by 15 yards we are tied with Bama. If JG doesn’t fumble on the goal line, we take the lead vs Bama. So, so, close. I’m ready for October
Gotta hope the officials don’t act like that again too. I’ve never seen a more obvious rig in college football. The time where we went wildcat with JJ and the refs blew it dead for no reason should’ve resulted in suspensions. Too bad the SEC offices are in bham

Just watched the refs take a clear JJ touchdown off the board in the 3rd quarter by calling a phantom holding call against Wanya. Would've been down by 3.

Very next play, refs call another penalty on us for illegal formation. But they do not call a PI against bama for shoving Byrd down before the ball even gets to him.

3rd and goal from the 20, JG throws a pretty good dang ball to the end zone to JJ. He goes up for the catch with a bama defender draped all over him. No call. Should have been first and goal. Called two ticky tack penalties against us to keep us from scoring, don't call the obvious PI on 3rd and goal against Bama that would have put us right back within the 10 with a first down.

Just watched the refs take a clear JJ touchdown off the board in the 3rd quarter by calling a phantom holding call against Wanya. Would've been down by 3.

Very next play, refs call another penalty on us for illegal formation. But they do not call a PI against bama for shoving Byrd down before the ball even gets to him.
That was the only call I didn't have a problem with. I forget who it was, but someone definitely held. They called the wrong number though and it wasn't Wanya.

The JJ whistle, the no whistle on an end zone pass play (forget who) and the DT penalties were pretty bad.

Maybe I'm forgetting someone but have we even had an All American since Eric Berry? (Besides his brother Evan on kick returns lol) I don't think Derek Barnette was for some reason ... Maybe AJ Johnson?

Barnett in 2016, Cam Sutton and Evan Berry in 2015 as punt and kick returners

Reactions: UTK
I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the staff "liking" or "retweeting" specific 'cruits stuff is probably just gamesmanship. Or maintaining a relationship.

I used to be a Cowboys fan and I hated Jerry Jones, but one of the few things he said about twenty years ago, stuck out to me as being intelligent. See... the Cowboys had the 6th pick in the NFL draft and most people (correctly) assumed they'd get either Quentin Jammer or Roy Williams. They ultimately traded down two picks and got RW, after San Diego took Jammer at 5. But the Cowboys hosted Javon Walker prior to the draft. He was a receiver for FSU, slated to go in the back half of the first round. A reporter asked about the visit and Jerry explained that sometimes these visits are about building relationships. Especially in the age of free agency. Cowboys might not get Walker in the draft, but get some face time with him now and maybe 4-5 years down the road if you're interested in him as a free agent, you'll have that relationship.

Jerry was/is a a mess... but that was smart.

As such... the staff is doing their social media stuff possibly because while we might not get Player X in this cycle.... keep liking/retweeting/whatever their stuff now and who knows - when the one time transfer rule comes into effect, you'll have that relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back