Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here for it no matter what. I believe in this staff and their ability to coach. Jury is still somewhat out, but I have hope. I hate talking about git shirts, but I'm sure we won't have some who are part of the class now who won't be later. Just the nature of the beast.
Was only talking if we closed out with those 2 and kept the rest as is. 278 points would be good for 7th or 8th most years. But, in reality, there will probably be a lot of churning and last minute booms.
Skeeter already said that Edwin White & Nate Evans probably aren’t ultimately part of this class.

Wow!!! Basically says great news guys. A lot of our recruits got bumps in the rankings because we recruited them. Go team us!!!

Rankings=Fake News

https://www.tigernet.com/update/rec...s-see-move-up-in-new-247Sports-rankings-35574

I don't think its too "aluminum foil hat" type material to suggest that the larger program$ leverage their influence and power on the ranking$, and tho$e who conduct the evaluation$, in order to get a favorable ranking for a $pecific player.

Two questions:

1. Have any of TOSs put out a number for how many guys we will take this class?

2. Is Simonton a gator or a dawg? I’ve seen both mentioned so many times. I just need to know for sure, so I can probably concentrate my hatred. Thanks!

Two questions:

2. Is Simonton a gator or a dawg? I’ve seen both mentioned so many times. I just need to know for sure, so I can probably concentrate my hatred. Thanks!
1. It is believed they will take 25. That’s subject to change if the right grad transfer wants in.

2. Whatever he is, he sure ain’t orange-blooded.

Um we add Mondon and Mims, that’s a top 3 class. I do think we have a chance at a 5-star OL. Lot of pieces we’re losing next year on the line.
Unfortunately it’s actually 7th-8th based on the last 5 years. You’d think it’s would be higher. Our numerical on 247 sports composite was 286 in 2015, adding those 2 would put us at 278. If we did this (which is insane that it’s a possibility):
Add- Mims
Mondon
Page
Bell
Pennington
Leonard Taylor
Brashard Smith
Asked to look around-Jay Jones & Nate Evans

That puts us firmly in the top 3 at 294 and with 28 commits

Reactions: engineerVOL
We've got to be planning on either signing more than 25 players (I admit, I no longer understand the caps on signing numbers) or we're expecting attrition through decommits, grades or even pulling offers. But we are still in on several 4 and 5 star players and the coaching staff is clearly still recruiting hard, even with 23 commitments.

There are only 3-4 questionable commitments (by that I mean kids who seem to be lower 3 stars). It seems like we have five to six 3 stars that keep getting referred to as under the radar or underrated such as Roc Taylor and Miles Campbell. Look at Rucker's offer list. It's all the top schools, so someone's out to lunch there. And I love to watch video of Wright just breaking the angle over and over with his speed.

I'm not going to be concerned about our ranking in the ratings. We're going to drop and, as I said in an earlier post, if you look at Rivals and our point totals, we're going to be a little ahead of last year's numbers which put us in top ten.

Just going to sit back and wait for the next surprise commitment. My dream finish is to get Mondon, Page, the CB Johnson and to steal Mims triggering a total meltdown from UGA fans.

Two questions:

I’ve seen some smoke about the possibility of taking 28. No idea though of how they plan on messaging that number. I think they are planning on taking more than 25 based on the amount of top targets still on the board and available spots left.

229 lbs this morning. that's the big Five O.

daddy needs to go shopping for some neeewww pants!
Welcome...it’s a great age! The air is staler, food causes more heartburn, everything you try to lift is heavier and the ground dances beneath you and makes you fall down. 😏

Welcome...it’s a great age! The air is staler, food causes more heartburn, everything you try to lift is heavier and the ground dances beneath you and makes you fall down. 😏
haha, not 50 yet, but not far off...that's 50 lbs lost as of today....but i appreciate the words of encouragment. i'll need them in the not so distant future....lol

yeah, read about it yesterday.

i have no idea about the bourbon, but for $200/bottle, my expectations would be high.

i loved the sound of the golf course....that sounds awesome. and i'm not opoosed to the shot of bourbon before, during and after the round either!! cool tradition they have regarding that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back