Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh.. look at our roster and particularly our QB. I kinda disagree with this take. We are close but I don't expect to win any of those big games with JG. Dude is tough as nails but not a winner.

2021 is our year to come come back. Soft schedule, better QB, more depth.
eh. it's time for a season that doesn't end on "almost" and point to "next year".

just go out and do it already. it's time. and for JG, it's his last time.

Reactions: onescovol
I think Wilt & Bird are also top 5 worthy. Would be interesting to see how much Oscar's numbers would have changed with a 3 pt line.
Pete Maravich could have exploded the record books in both college and pros in that hypothetical. Way before his time. But according to David Ubben, one game being guarded by Pat Beverley would have made him give up the sport.

Shaq is such an odd one for me...pretty much any one north of 6'9" I'm cautious to put in a top list cause you know the size advantage matters.
Yeah they really need their own list. Let's be honest, GOAT talk is biased towards guards anyway. Nobody wants to put Bill Russell's 11 rings up top or Wilt or Shaq.

People will talk Kobe instead of Shaq, tells me all I need to know.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Except Russell and Wilt shared their primes and Russell completely dominated Wilt for a decade plus.

"dominated" ?

During the years they shared in the NBA Wilt was a 20/20 guy... one season he even averaged 50.8 PPG 25.7 RPG, come on now. Blocks weren't even being recorded during that era, I wonder how many of those Wilt had a night....In head-to-head matchups vs. Russell, Chamberlain scored more points, grabbed more rebounds, passed for more assists...and lost more games.

The Celtics dominated the teams Chamberlain played on in those seasons, but Bill didn't dominate Wilt.

eh. it's time for a season that doesn't end on "almost" and point to "next year".

just go out and do it already. it's time. and for JG, it's his last time.
We can’t just go out and do it because it’s not our time. Gonna be so hard to replace warrior, JJ, callaway, and Bituli. Have zero depth at LB and a huge question mark at QB. Next year there will be more stable depth at all positions

More rings? Team sport. Lakers were a dynasty. Those teams were loaded. Heck, Kobe wasn't even the best player on those teams (save one), Shaq was.

His mentality? You mean ball hog that jacks up as many shots as possible? Yeah, gimme the dude that can do it all AND sees the value in passing.

Lol "team accomplishments and my feels..." gimme a break, bruh.

James averages 19.6 shots per game. Jordan averaged 22.9 shots per game. Crazy how 3.3 shots per game more than James can turn a player into a "ball hog." You also mentioned people having a hatred for James. The same could be said for you and Jordan.

Yeah they really need their own list. Let's be honest, GOAT talk is biased towards guards anyway. Nobody wants to put Bill Russell's 11 rings up top or Wilt or Shaq.

People will talk Kobe instead of Shaq, tells me all I need to know.

I'll say it this way, if I'm building my own team....even MJ who I feel is the clear cut best to ever play the game isn't my first pick.

I'm not sure there's any way in HELL I wouldn't draft a prime Wilt, Shaq, Jabbar, Dream, Duncan etc. type big right off the bat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back