Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continue to be impressed with Pruitt's ability to focus on a position in a specific class and address the need. First full recruiting year (2018) he goes at DB and comes up with 2 players who start as freshmen. 2019 it's OL. 2020 it's LB and WR. Along the way he focused each year on DL and turned a weakness into a solid unit.

2021 looks like filling in strength on the defense and TE. If he can keep Wolfe in Tennessee and steal Matavao to add to Taylor and Campbell, plus develop Bean and Brown, he can start running a 2 TE, one back offense that could look a lot like the Patriots' schemes when they had Hernandez and the Gronk at the same time. Running those guys down the seams too fast for LBs and too big for safeties, not to mention the running game that opens up when the other team's D has to put in more DBs because they can't handle the speed of the WRs one on one.

I'll bet the 2022 class goes back to heavy on the OL.

What we've missed for a decade, recruiting with a plan.

Just a heads up. UGA gonna Miss in Barrett Carter tomorrow and have every excuse in the world why. Rusty gonna throw the whole bag at Mondon to try and save face.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rishvol
It’s like what Pruitt said, North Alabama is Vol country (don’t know if it’s true or not).
I lived in Dekalb county for six years, and traveled around the rest of north Crappabama a ton. There are a few Vols, but it ain't Vol country. There are way more bandwagon crappabubbers in middle Tennessee than there are Vols in north Crappabama.

I lived in Dekalb county for six years, and traveled around the rest of north Crappabama a ton. There are a few Vols, but it ain't Vol country. There are way more bandwagon crappabubbers in middle Tennessee than there are Vols in north Crappabama.
tbh that's not saying much, every crackhead I've ever seen at work has a Crimson Tide shirt on.

Mystery guy didn’t go today, but it’s going to happen this week according to VQ
Don't know if this is in reference to this quote, but someone fwd'd me this Simonton quote. Can a VQ 'scriber confirm?
"Tennessee will make news this week. Stay tuned."

If true, "make news" has some lofty qualifiers IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back