Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw some guys in Sevierville yaking the little pigeon river Saturday over by the West Prong Greenbelt pulling out some really good looking fish. They put in at the Sevierville city park and fished down to Chapman highway. Said they strung their limit in an hour.
That's funny, we put in at noon and took the same route, but we weren't fishing. You may have seen us also...

Multiple studies are confirming what some of us have been saying all along: Vit D status is strongly correlated to COVID-19 outcome. I'm personally convinced that it isn't just correlation, it's causation (or at least a causative factor), because the correlation spans so many different demographics that have little other association.

The vaccine already exists. It's called sunshine. Not because it kills the virus (although it does), but because it strengthens and modulates the immune system, improving your response to the virus, while reducing the excessive cytokine response that kills people. If you can't get sunshine, or are *dark skinned*, take big daily doses of D. Do it.
I know we’ve gone around on this topic, but I endorse this position wholeheartedly. Also, I’m about halfway through a bottle of cask mates.

@ChattaTNVol I know you follow the FPI a bit. Maybe you already saw it, but the FPI model has changed apparently. We went from 19th preseason to outside the top 25.

Booo

I saw that some time ago and I guess they figured we were still on track to start Guarantano at QB given the lack of Spring ball to get Bailey up to speed and available as a viable option. That’s funny, right?

Actually, I thought maybe Connelly’s move to ESPN might affect how the FPI worked but Connelly published his S&P+ preseason rankings and just like FPI he had us at #19. So the raw data inputs that both models use must be producing the same output.

So my conclusion is with Guarantano they figure we’re 36th best, anybody else at QB, anybody really, doesn’t even have to be a real QB, we’re at #19. jmo.

Edit to add: Connelly projects we will have the 7th best defense in the nation, similar to what the early FPI projected, but he thinks our offense will only be 56th best, if he's being generous. This alone makes me wonder why some fans are not on board with trying to get JT Daniels and/or Zack Evans. I think most people expect this will likely be the best offensive line we've had in years. The analysts apparently are just not that impressed with our skill positions on offense, not a lot of experience with the new guys coming in and the experience of the older guys has yet to win hearts and minds. jmo.

On a related note: What happens with Brian Maurer? That's got to be a tough call. I'm not sure we can afford him getting any more concussions, for his sake. jmo.

Last edited:
That's funny, we put in at noon and took the same route, but we weren't fishing. You may have seen us also...
I’ve been wanting to float the little pigeon but was unsure of a good stretch to put in/take out at for a float. What would be a good water level for this stretch of river so we don’t scrape bottom, but aren’t moving too quickly so it’s fishable? Any hazards/things to watch out for?

Serious question. How many players and fans going to get COVID then sue the NCAA and college schools? Still don't think we have much of a season this year despite schools opening up

Not by law. I understand the outrage, but don't let your emotions blind you to written law. The standard for proving murder is higher than proving manslaughter, and without clear intent, you're not going to get a murder conviction. Reasonable doubt. Manslaughter is easier to prove because their actions led to the man's death. If the DA charges murder, I doubt he wins the case. Then the men go unpunished. Charge them with manslaughter and it's more likely to lead to a conviction.
The term manslaughter always seemed to me to be a pre-cannibalism ritual

Reactions: UTProf and Rishvol
I know we’ve gone around on this topic, but I endorse this position wholeheartedly. Also, I’m about halfway through a bottle of cask mates.

I'm a rare one that believes it is both a) bad and the shutdown saved a lot of lives, and b) a shutdown is unnecessary if we address the nutritional deficiency that got us here. My position seems to put me at odds with everyone though.

Enjoying the Jameson?

Serious question. How many players and fans going to get COVID then sue the NCAA and college schools? Still don't think we have much of a season this year despite schools opening up

I think two things that could possibly debut at college football games this fall are folks having their temps taken and then signing waivers releasing the schools and the governing organizations from any liability. Neither of those gives me any pause or concern beyond the logistics of it.

Probably the most efficient means of administering something like that would be with access checkpoints on the routes leading to the stadium rather than right at the stadium. Probably take 15-20 checkpoints with all other access points into the area blocked and they could catch people 5-6k people per checkpoint spread over 3-4 hours. Doable.

Would much rather let people make their own decisions and accept responsibility than continue to allow unconstitutional powers of supression willy nilly.

We have a lot of tough guys ready to kill an intruder. I suggest thinking twice if it ever were to happen. You may steal life from someone that doesn’t deserve it.

I have a friend who shot an intruder here in Atlanta. He lives on one of the wealthiest streets in the city and had dealt with prowlers on the property multiple times but was always able to phone the police to investigate.

One morning around 2AM he heard a crash downstairs and then footsteps inside. His wife grabbed the newborn and called the police. He grabbed a shotgun and stood at the top of the steps yelling, “Get out of the house. The police are coming” over and over. The intruder kept rummaging around downstairs. After a few minutes he started up the steps. Imagine the homeowners fear and desire to protect his wife and baby.

My friend leveled the gun once the intruder was in view, said a quick prayer, then in that split second decided to aim for the leg rather than the chest. Nearly took off the guys leg.

Police arrive, take the intruder to the hospital, and leave a phone number for a service that cleans up afterwards due to all the blood.

As it turns out the intruder was just blackout drunk. He wandered over from the local bar Moondogs and was just too obliterated to know what he was doing. Apparently he had done similar things in the past but this was the worst. My friend was glad he didn’t shoot to kill as was the intruder who got alcohol addiction help as part of his sentence. Overall the sentence was pretty light because the homeowners did their best to help.

This is just one case, and they’re all different, but I would think twice if you have the opportunity.
Somehow you story reminds me of Jim Bob Cooter

Reactions: Jack Burton
A healthusnews.com article recommends AGAINST using sunlight to boost vitamin D levels in the blood due to ultraviolet radiation.

I think two things that could possibly debut at college football games this fall are folks having their temps taken and then signing waivers releasing the schools and the governing organizations from any liability. Neither of those gives me any pause or concern beyond the logistics of it.

Probably the most efficient means of administering something like that would be with access checkpoints on the routes leading to the stadium rather than right at the stadium. Probably take 15-20 checkpoints with all other access points into the area blocked and they could catch people 5-6k people per checkpoint spread over 3-4 hours. Doable.

Would much rather let people make their own decisions and accept responsibility than continue to allow unconstitutional powers of supression willy nilly.
You ever been in Neyland in early September?... everybody going to have a temperature after being in the heat for 8 hours crushing beers.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I’ve been wanting to float the little pigeon but was unsure of a good stretch to put in/take out at for a float. What would be a good water level for this stretch of river so we don’t scrape bottom, but aren’t moving too quickly so it’s fishable? Any hazards/things to watch out for?
This past Saturday was just about perfect, it had rained 2-3 days ago. It's an easy float that carries you most of the way. The only obstacle is the bridge on Chapman. We floated to the pilot on hwy 66 with no issues.

Reactions: Rishvol
the HB / KS dynamic sorta feels like it could shape up to be similar to the manning / martin dynamic. peyton the more established, polished (and lauded) pocket passer a year or two in front of martin, the more athletic qb with a big arm. wouldn't shock me to see HB rack up the stats and individual honors and salter get the championship with a deeper class / team. would be 100% fine with me.
Would be great, just hope KS has better accuracy than Tee.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back