Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me your 2020 break out player from each year

Senior
Josh Palmer.... I already liked the guys natural ability and felt he really came on at the end of last year. I think he leads the team in receptions next season and finds himself getting drafted in the first three rounds.

Junior
Princeton Fant.... Wide open hole at TE and we’re going to need someone to step up. I think Fant could be the man.

Sophomore
Jaylen McCoullough..... Lets face it: Flowers isn’t reliable because of health. Shamburger isn’t consistent. Warrior is gone so we need someone. McCoullough doesn’t have the speed to be a traditional back end safety but I think he can be a terror in the box. Always in the mix. I’d expect him to flash big plays on a weekly basis.

Freshman
Harrison Bailey.... Feels like too easy of an answer. Very likely our starting QB at some point, provided we don’t land JT Daniels.

Senior: Austin Pope

Junior: Kivon Bennet - came on strong late in the year

Sophomore: Q Crouch - gonna surprise a lot of people with how good the tandem of he and HT are gonna be

Freshman: Jackson Lowe (redshirted).. someone has to step into the second TE/Hback role

Give me your 2020 break out player from each year

Senior
Josh Palmer.... I already liked the guys natural ability and felt he really came on at the end of last year. I think he leads the team in receptions next season and finds himself getting drafted in the first three rounds.

Junior
Princeton Fant.... Wide open hole at TE and we’re going to need someone to step up. I think Fant could be the man.

Sophomore
Jaylen McCoullough..... Lets face it: Flowers isn’t reliable because of health. Shamburger isn’t consistent. Warrior is gone so we need someone. McCoullough doesn’t have the speed to be a traditional back end safety but I think he can be a terror in the box. Always in the mix. I’d expect him to flash big plays on a weekly basis.

Freshman
Harrison Bailey.... Feels like too easy of an answer. Very likely our starting QB at some point, provided we don’t land JT Daniels.
Like your list with the exception of Fant. Forgot he was still there.

Give me Kivon Bennett at the Junior spot

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Didn't know about Drake and Zeke being off the air, we left Memphis in 1999 . . . but they were hilarious and Bad Baby Name of the Day was by far my favorite segment!!!

GBO

Zeke died a while back. Drake said something “controversial” on the radio a few months ago and he was taken off the air.

Reactions: BigDave
Are we signing a full 25 this year?
I assume we take 1 more this year, Evans or JTD. If so, that would be 26 for 2020.

In that case, I think we could max out at 26 for 2021, with 2 blueshirts. Or a straight 24. The way we are recruiting, I think you have to max out and ask a couple hardcore guys to blupeshit.

It is getting bad up in here. I am being accused of having an off topic post when I did not even post.

View attachment 276737

The lemonjelo/orangjelo stuff (funny story, btw) was moved out of the player thread. We had two mods dealing with the reported posts at the same time and the notification didn't match the action because it ended up getting moved in here instead of the off topic thread. Just an FYI.

Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Realistically, what would it take to jump OSU? I just can't see it.
Short-term? Nearly impossible. I posted a list a few days ago that ended with 298 pts, they have 295 right now. That list included 3 more 5*s and a boatload of other guys, some a stretch.

Long-term...possible but they would have to tank. They have like a 94 or 95 AVERAGE lol.

I think top 5 this year is an attainable goal, though. Maybe even top 3 if everything goes right.

@butchna explain this to me.....
We had 23 pens on paper. Got Velus Jones and Cade Mays on transfers. That’s 25 in 20. Now if JT Daniels and/or Evans want in, then Mays and Velus Jones can be forwarded to 21 class...which would mean we have 23 spots. Speculative possibility we get back the Melvin McBride initial because of his medical retirement...so maybe 24.

We had 23 pens on paper. Got Velus Jones and Cade Mays on transfers. That’s 25 in 20. Now if JT Daniels and/or Evans want in, then Mays and Velus Jones can be forwarded to 21 class...which would mean we have 23 spots. Speculative possibility we get back the Melvin McBride initial because of his medical retirement...so maybe 24.

Wouldn’t that only put us at 26?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back