Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think that states should build reopening strategies around the aspects of their circumstances. For the states you've listed other than Georgia, the impact of the first wave has been relatively low compared to other states. I think the lower density of areas, lack of travel hubs, car-based transportation, and utility independence (not sharing community elevators, stairs, and laundry equipment) have all contributed to the mostly rural South from being insulated from the worst of the disease. I think those factors will continue to reduce the impact in those areas. With all that said, I still think we need to view these reopening periods as temporary in nature. The minute the numbers start to creep up again (and they will). We'll be right back in stay at home.

A lot of researchers were really hoping to find that hotter temperatures would have an effect on the virus, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Whenever we were hearing a lot of reports about a true summer break from the disease, I'm afraid those reports were based on the hope that this disease would be affected seasonally.
If we keep shutting the country down for the next year and a half..we are going into a great depression.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
I have returned from the past. It was gruesome, VN was full of arguments about the Pandemic, the war to legalize drugs, and little to no sports talk. I don’t want to go back in time again.

I am headed to the future this time . I need to see real football.

I will be the only fan in the stands. Security won’t bother me because I’m wired with forty 1 pound boxes of the Covid virus that will be aerosolized and dispersed across the whole state. The Vols are 3-0. It’s 9/26/20, the game against the gators is going our way. florida has scored twice, but both are overturned as the replay official watches me caressing the dispersal device trigger. 😁
Sweet justice for past ref screwups. Tennessee is up 38-3 with 2 minutes remaining. (I let the field goal stand) Coach Pruitt decided to just run the ball to finish the game. Funny thing is that they handed the ball to Eric Gray. He rambled 72 yards for a TD. Extra point is good. Ensuing kickoff, florida player bobbles the ball as HT hits him. Recovered by Tennessee on the 32. Coach Pruitt pulls Gray and puts in Crouch to grind out the last minute. Evidently no one told Crouch. He channels his inner JJennings, he trucks 8 gators in route to another TD. Another extra point good. Final seconds of the game, squib kick and the upback gets blown up by Tank (he’s incredibly fast). Deangelo Gibbs in his first play as a Vol, snags the ball out of the air and blows by the stunned gators to score with 1 second left on the scoreboard. Extra point good. Game ends and the final score is Vols 59 gators 3
The camera pans to me sitting alone in the stands. I hold up the trigger then depress the detonation button. Around the stadium, fireworks go off spelling Decade of the Vols. The cameraman swings the camera back to my seat. He zooms in on the vest (I am no longer there) The boxes light up to spell “suck it florida gators Decade of the Vols is Now! (No virus, just a hoax to get me into the game)

I have returned from the past. It was gruesome, VN was full of arguments about the Pandemic, the war to legalize drugs, and little to no sports talk. I don’t want to go back in time again.

I will be the only fan in the stands. Security won’t bother me because I’m wired with forty 1 pound boxes of the Covid virus that will be aerosolized and dispersed across the whole state. The Vols are 3-0. It’s 9/26/20, the game against the gators is going our way. florida has scored twice, but both are overturned as the replay official watches me caressing the dispersal device trigger. 😁
Sweet justice for past ref screwups. Tennessee is up 38-3 with 2 minutes remaining. (I let the field goal stand) Coach Pruitt decided to just run the ball to finish the game. Funny thing is that they handed the ball to Eric Gray. He rambled 72 yards for a TD. Extra point is good. Ensuing kickoff, florida player bobbles the ball as HT hits him. Recovered by Tennessee on the 32. Coach Pruitt pulls Gray and puts in Crouch to grind out the last minute. Evidently no one told Crouch. He channels his inner JJennings, he trucks 8 gators in route to another TD. Another extra point good. Final seconds of the game, squib kick and the upback gets blown up by Tank (he’s incredibly fast). Deangelo Gibbs in his first play as a Vol, snags the ball out of the air and blows by the stunned gators to score with 1 second left on the scoreboard. Extra point good. Game ends and the final score is Vols 59 gators 3
The camera pans to me sitting alone in the stands. I hold up the trigger then depress the detonation button. Around the stadium, fireworks go off spelling Decade of the Vols. The cameraman swings the camera back to my seat. He zooms in on the vest (I am no longer there) The boxes light up to spell “suck it florida gators Decade of the Vols is Now! (No virus, just a hoax to get me into the game)
Cars... are they flying?

We may anyway. People are going to be wary about going to crowded places.

I think you can be careful and still go out. We have to open it up, the nation has no right to force people into poverty.

If you wanna hide..then hide. I have not, and will not. I have had to run all over the state every freakin day, so if I get it, that that sucks, but I am not hiding on a damn troll hole. There is lots of crap out there that can kill me. I almost got run off a mountain today by a coal truck.

Bravo Doc, bravo.

LMFAO imagine Pruitt popping his head in and being like "Hey...shut the **** up" and leaving. aaaaahahahahahaha That's awesome.

That was easily Ubbens best exit interview. Most revealing as well.

I even enjoyed the “what was your favorite catch” question. Calloway had some good ones, for sure. I had actually forgot how he burst onto the scene vs Georgia Tech.

We will never know the true numbers of infected..I still do not understand how you or SS can not see that..

Like I said to SS...take @nicksjuzunk whole family for an example.. no doubt they l have it, but none of them tested....but that just got totally glossed over. This thing does not have a 1% mortality rate, but it is still dangerous.

In no country are the asymptomatoc or lightly symptomatic, and in a lot of cases like nicks family, HIGHLY symptomatic but not enough to be hospitalized...being tested.
I’m guessing there are tons like his who knows we have it and aren’t going to waste our time going for tests just to confirm it when there is no decent treatment yet other than hospitalization, which we could not get anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back