Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even know they had those in rap songs.

Listening to the wrong rap then. Outkast, CeeLo, K-Os, Blessed, Mos Def(Black Star), Eminem, A Tribe Called Quest, Rakim, Dead Prez, Lupe Fiasco, Joyner Lucas, The Roots, etc. have some of the most genius lyrics ever put to music. You may not feel where they are coming from but it doesn't diminish their art.

I do agree that there is some terrible, ignorant rap out there but the true greats are as good as the best of any musical genre.

Listening to the wrong rap then. Outkast, CeeLo, K-Os, Blessed, Mos Def(Black Star), Eminem, A Tribe Called Quest, Rakim, Dead Prez, Lupe Fiasco, Joyner Lucas, The Roots, etc. have some of the most genius lyrics ever put to music. You may not feel where they are coming from but it doesn't diminish their art.

I do agree that there is some terrible, ignorant rap out there but the true greats are as good as the best of any musical genre.
You should add IMO. Because IMO, rap is crap.

I'm just messing. I don't listen to much, but I know it must be pretty good for so many people to relate to it.

I'm just messing. I don't listen to much, but I know it must be pretty good for so many people to relate to it.

Most of what sells commercially is junk. Very few of the true greats get radio play but they make some truly deep, clever and socially conscious music. The vast majority is copycat suite. Same can be said for lots of other genres. That said, hard rock will always be my fav.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back