Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

A 19 year volatil was sitting in the end zone where Mose Phillips checked his watch. It rained so damn hard about 2 inches of water was rolling down the stairs from the upper deck. The water was orange from everyone’s shirts 🤣. That was crazy. Lightening was popping around the stadium. No weather delay back in the day. The previous year Florida fans threw cups at our players on sideline in Gainesville. When Florida came out on to the field hundreds of cups rained down on their fans. My seat was close to visiting section. My friends and I were throwing all the cups that missed their mark and hit us in the head 😂.

It's still the dumbest hill to die on for people that continue to say stuff like that. Notice how he didn't post those centers that were and still are at the top of their positions.
are you saying i died on the hill? or, are you talking about TOG?

Didnt Laimbeer play against Jordan? Let's see...Ewing...Malone...Olajuwon.

Cant think of any more.

Reactions: VolMike16

A 19 year volatil was sitting in the end zone where Mose Phillips checked his watch. It rained so damn hard about 2 inches of water was rolling down the stairs from the upper deck. The water was orange from everyone’s shirts 🤣. That was crazy. Lightening was popping around the stadium. No weather delay back in the day. The previous year Florida fans threw cups at our players on sideline in Gainesville. When Florida came out on to the field hundreds of cups rained down on their fans. My seat was close to visiting section. My friends and I were throwing all the cups that missed their mark and hit us in the head 😂.

The flight back to Gainesville was apparently a rough, scary one for the Gators, leading one person on the plane to quip that the headline the next day would be "Gators Get Killed Twice."

are you saying i died on the hill? or, are you talking about TOG?

Didnt Laimbeer play against Jordan? Let's see...Ewing...Malone...Olajuwon.

Cant think of any more.

Lol not you I'm agreeing with your post. I'm talking about the jokes about the plumbers and accountants because they have nothing else to go on... Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, Shaq, Mutombo, Mourning. Rik Smits actually wasn't awful btw. Just wasn't in the stratosphere of the ones above.

Reactions: butchna
Lol not you I'm agreeing with your post. I'm talking about the jokes about the plumbers and accountants because they have nothing else to go on... Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, Shaq, Mutombo, Mourning. Rik Smits actually wasn't awful btw. Just wasn't in the stratosphere of the ones above.

I don’t really count Shaq in that era Bc he didn’t fully become into dominate Shaq until LA.

It's still the dumbest hill to die on for people that continue to say stuff like that. Notice how he didn't post those centers that were and still are at the top of their positions.

There were some fantastic bigs during Jordan’s Era. Especially Hakeem and David Robinson. There was also a lot of bad players especially at guard and wing. Who were the other great 2/3s during late 80s into the 90s? The Sonics team that made the finals was so bad.

Didn't Mose have some POC car with a nickname?

Reactions: volatil

I was at that game. I was part of the Pride of the Southland at the time.

There were some fantastic bigs during Jordan’s Era. Especially Hakeem and David Robinson. There was also a lot of bad players especially at guard and wing. Who were the other great 2/3s during late 80s into the 90s? The Sonics team that made the finals was so bad.

Bad teams win 64? Hmm.. those two weren't the only two. The ones I named were certified rim protectors. You don't have that in today's game. Jordan went into and around those every year. To answer your other question... off the top of my head Miller, Starks, Dumars, Drexler, Richmond, Wilkins, Mullin. Won't add a few that had injuries that derailed their ability.

Mose Phillips is still one of my favorite players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back