Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your probably thinking of Daisy
View attachment 268444

giphy.gif

How’s things out there? Here in NY, they are limiting me to two packs of meat in grocery stores. Two packs of tissue, toilet paper or paper towels, which is down to single rolls/boxes.

7 people in my household. Do they want me to travel out everyday for some animal and a little TP?

Reactions: gainesvol82
I know Clay is all about the contrary and the inflammatory, but there is some good news sprinkled in here. Peak in the UK in 2-3 weeks and death total under 20k. Far lower than the same epidemiologist's initial projections just over a week ago. I expect the same to be true here in the US, relatively speaking.

Yeah, don’t put this in the pub. Too good of news. This fan base catbones everything.

he gets a lot of flack, and many times it's warranted.

and i'm not saying he's "been on point" about everything covid19.....but he's been consistent.....

one of the biggest problems with this thing is that every single outelt is reporting ONLY on worst case scenarios as if it's the ONLY scenario...be it mortality rates, supplies, spread, reported cases, projections (or anything to do with #'s) etc.....

when, and i've said this probably a hundred times over the past two weeks, the single biggest thing we have to do in regards to this is simply stop it from spreading, eihter all together (not realistic) or slow it down to as close to a crawl as possible.

and that means.........stay home, do what they tell you to do......because clay is right....the VAST majority of people are NOT going to be affected medically by this at all......the majority of people that develop symptoms are not going to require hospitalizaion (likley because they dont' actually have covid as he points out)....

the whole "crisis" part of this is only IF we don't do anything to stop the spread, everyone freaks out and goes to the hospital, and overruns hospitals and medical facilities....

the only caveat to that i'd add is in special circumstances like NYC, where there is an ultray heavy concentraton of it, everything(deaths, reported cases, testing issues, supplies, healthcare worker strain etc, etc, etc....) is on steroids, just because of a very specific volume, in a very specific/condensed location....so they should get the attention that sitaiton deserves....fine. understandable.

but the informaiton gets presented to us like EVERYONE is going to get it....and EVERYONE is going to need ventilators and you're not getting one cause there aren't any.....

it's gotten past old.

it's serious, sorry BGS, it's not a joke, but it's not literally the end of the world as many are leading people to believe, unless you're actively participating in just being dumb about this.....then, for you, yeah, it may be.....otherwise...just go home. if you start having issues breathing....go get help.

see ya'll in a month (hopefully).

How’s things out there? Here in NY, they are limiting me to two packs of meat in grocery stores. Two packs of tissue, toilet paper or paper towels, which is down to single rolls/boxes.

7 people in my household. Do they want me to travel out everyday for some animal and a little TP?
Food cities in the Tri Cities only allow 2 packs of meat per person. The trucks cant keep up with the bulk buyers. If people would buy normal amounts, than shelves would not be empty. But, I understand the "prepper" mentality.

Clay is being quite disingenuos here, leaving out the obvious difference. The prior estimates were based on nothing being done. I didn't see anywhere in the article he said it was wrong...Clay just spitballing there.

Original estimate:
"The report, which warned that an uncontrolled spread of the disease could cause as many as 510,000 deaths in Britain"

New estimate after restrictions:
"He said that expected increases in National Health Service capacity and ongoing restrictions to people’s movements make him “reasonably confident” the health service can cope when the predicted peak of the epidemic arrives in two or three weeks. UK deaths from the disease are now unlikely to exceed 20,000, he said, and could be much lower"

they only been doing lockdown for two days and yesterday he wasn’t singing this song. How after one day did it change? They’ve just figured out per the prof, they didn’t account for more people already have had it and it didn’t just come over a few weeks ago.

Food cities in the Tri Cities only allow 2 packs of meat per person. The trucks cant keep up with the bulk buyers. If people would buy normal amounts, than shelves would not be empty. But, I understand the "prepper" mentality.
there hasn't been toilet paper in my grocery store in 2 full weeks.

it's ridiculous.

the local news did a story last night on "things you shouldn't flush", as city waterworks is having to out source plumbers to go fix clogged pipes all over town.

"People"....are stupid.

there hasn't been toilet paper in my grocery store in 2 full weeks.

it's ridiculous.

the local news did a story last night on "things you shouldn't flush", as city waterworks is having to out source plumbers to go fix clogged pipes all over town.

"People"....are stupid.
Baby wipes is the next best thing. Just dont flush lol. Baby wipes was a lifesaver in the army, it was an all in one type product.

He kills people for money.

You’re a military guy, aren’t ya? I’m a veteran myself, of Iraqi freedom. I’m also an anesthesia provider for a living. I’m honestly dumbfounded by most of the crap I’ve read on here since this has occurred. It’s like that scene from Billy Madison, over and over and over again. I honestly feel dumber every time I get on this board, may God have mercy on most of your souls.

I don’t, when my fellow ALS employees are out scrounging everyday to get needed sanitizing supplies because all our venders and surrounding stores are out and don’t know when there will be availability. No, I don’t understand the “prepper” mentality. Maybe, they need a picture of their grandparents in front of them, to remind them of who they are taking away from.

I don’t, when my fellow ALS employees are out scrounging everyday to get needed sanitizing supplies because all our venders and surrounding stores are out and don’t know when there will be availability. No, I don’t understand the “prepper” mentality. Maybe, they need a picture of their grandparents in front of them, to remind them of who they are taking away from.
well, and if htey were really "preppers", wouldn't they already be "prepped" ????

You’re a military guy, aren’t ya? I’m a veteran myself, of Iraqi freedom. I’m also an anesthesia provider for a living. I’m honestly dumbfounded by most of the crap I’ve read on here since this has occurred. It’s like that scene from Billy Madison, over and over and over again. I honestly feel dumber every time I get on this board, may God have mercy on most of your souls.

A lot of opinions but no one knows. I try to give everyone space for their opinions. I don’t have a strong opinion on the ultimate outcome, just doing what we can to avoid spreading it

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back