Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a recap of mostly positive things going on for those who do not know. TL;dr version for some.

With NY starting the cocktail treatment on patients with the disease beginning tomorrow, everybody is going to know the success rate of that treatment by Sunday/Monday. Of course, the treatment is already been used in many places in the nation for those who have chosen it using the Right to Try order. I am seeing many cases now being reported on-line through well known media sources, more or less reputable depending on personal viewpoints, such as the NY Post, Forbes, etc. that it has worked very well on people who were near death - like within 24 hours of dying, in ICU, etc.

3M has started production in the US on 35 M hospital-quality masks per month, with 90% going to the US. Mylan has restarted their plant in WV to manufacture millions of the treatment tablets. Cuomo was scrambling for ventilators, which many US companies have now started into production to provide to him and throughout the rest of the world. Too bad he did not purchase the 16,000 he was offered in 2015, but I digress. That's a story that is probably repeated many times throughout the country. The good news is Made in America is a priority again, as it should remain and always be.

Watch the daily trend lines for the disease. For those that haven't accessed it yet, I have linked the TN state site below, which is tied to the CDC. They will update it around 10 AM CDT.

Novel Coronavirus

The interesting part is that half of the cases in TN are in Davidson/Williamson counties. Shelby is way behind them. 80 of the 505 reported were people who tested positive in the state, were verified as not residents of the state. 30 had no state of residence - so we know the origin of many of them.

That should tell everybody that traveling about is an issue, which explains the stay home guidelines are sound. Central TN around Nashville is highly active in that manner. Shelby is well behind them despite having fairly similar size populations. Interestingly, Knox/Blount/Sevier counties have only 7 reported cases combined of local residents despite the influx of tourism and crossroads of I-75/I-40/I-81 being there. Dollywood and such closing may have helped.

So will this, as modified from experience, be the model for managing epidemics/pandemics going forward with other communicable diseases such as the flu, which is showing far more total cases and deaths annually? You decide. My opinion is that there will be a boom in research, development, production and sales of whatever the medical community calls treatments, vaccines, and supporting supplies/equipment that will be made in America/North America. So you younger folks with careers in mind - you may want to investigate. Consider that the middle man will probably be largely cut out by future medical insurance regulations to reduce overall costs to policyholders.

We manage everything by the exception in this country so it doesn't surprise me at all that the most attention is the "death" side of this. If it bleeds, it leads at its finest.

And from a discussion standpoint, too much is done in absolutes... Is either "just a cold, quit freaking out the flu is worse" or "the world's is ending".

It'd be funny if it weren't so sad.
Kinda like when the football team loses a game. 🤣

So Amazon Prime is doing in theater purchase to stream movies at home, is this a new thing? Is this going to be the new normal?
at least temporarily i would imagine. movie theatres out of the question, so they'll suffer. but the movie distributors will make theirs, or at least defray the potential loss of it not being available.

and for the consumer...you can rent it for $20....that's a far cry from what it would cost you to take your family of four to the movies factoring in concessesions etc....

but i wouldn't watch all the new movies right away...many movie productions have shut down around the world, so this time next year, or later in this year, you might see "new releases" slow down to a trickle...............

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Kinda like when the football team loses a game. 🤣
pretty much...lol.

it is kinda funny, if you look at how Sports editorials and sports talk shows have evolved, especially over the last 15 years, the style and production are extremely similar to most plitical editorials and talk shows.

tons of "what should have happened", "who is to blame" and "what should be done about it".....

it's extremely similar, and probably why when discussin either, there's usually clear lines drawn by usually two opposing sides.

the good news is usually people realize it's sports, and while we love it, and it is important....it's not life or death....unless you're a Bama/Auburn fan arguing, then in some cases, somebody has to get shot. :)

pretty much...lol.

it is kinda funny, if you look at how Sports editorials and sports talk shows have evolved, especially over the last 15 years, the style and production are extremely similar to most plitical editorials and talk shows.

tons of "what should have happened", "who is to blame" and "what should be done about it".....

it's extremely similar, and probably why when discussin either, there's usually clear lines drawn by usually two opposing sides.

the good news is usually people realize it's sports, and while we love it, and it is important....it's not life or death....unless you're a Bama/Auburn fan arguing, then in some cases, somebody has to get shot. :)
Like this

Reactions: jakez4ut
Just a recap of mostly positive things going on for those who do not know. TL;dr version for some.

With NY starting the cocktail treatment on patients with the disease beginning tomorrow, everybody is going to know the success rate of that treatment by Sunday/Monday. Of course, the treatment is already been used in many places in the nation for those who have chosen it using the Right to Try order. I am seeing many cases now being reported on-line through well known media sources, more or less reputable depending on personal viewpoints, such as the NY Post, Forbes, etc. that it has worked very well on people who were near death - like within 24 hours of dying, in ICU, etc.

3M has started production in the US on 35 M hospital-quality masks per month, with 90% going to the US. Mylan has restarted their plant in WV to manufacture millions of the treatment tablets. Cuomo was scrambling for ventilators, which many US companies have now started into production to provide to him and throughout the rest of the world. Too bad he did not purchase the 16,000 he was offered in 2015, but I digress. That's a story that is probably repeated many times throughout the country. The good news is Made in America is a priority again, as it should remain and always be.

Watch the daily trend lines for the disease. For those that haven't accessed it yet, I have linked the TN state site below, which is tied to the CDC. They will update it around 10 AM CDT.

Novel Coronavirus

The interesting part is that half of the cases in TN are in Davidson/Williamson counties. Shelby is way behind them. 80 of the 505 reported were people who tested positive in the state, were verified as not residents of the state. 30 had no state of residence - so we know the origin of many of them.

That should tell everybody that traveling about is an issue, which explains the stay home guidelines are sound. Central TN around Nashville is highly active in that manner. Shelby is well behind them despite having fairly similar size populations. Interestingly, Knox/Blount/Sevier counties have only 7 reported cases combined of local residents despite the influx of tourism and crossroads of I-75/I-40/I-81 being there. Dollywood and such closing may have helped.

So will this, as modified from experience, be the model for managing epidemics/pandemics going forward with other communicable diseases such as the flu, which is showing far more total cases and deaths annually? You decide. My opinion is that there will be a boom in research, development, production and sales of whatever the medical community calls treatments, vaccines, and supporting supplies/equipment that will be made in America/North America. So you younger folks with careers in mind - you may want to investigate. Consider that the middle man will probably be largely cut out by future medical insurance regulations to reduce overall costs to policyholders.
If we start doing this everytine a boogeyman real or imagined comes along...it will have a very corrosive effect on society.

The Great Depression, or even hard downturns like the late 70s, and the recent late Aughts for that matter, were not good times to be trying to make a life...God only knows how bad the effect on short and longterm mental and physical health truly was.

Just surviving to exist is a hard way to live.

My wife and I are having quite the movie marathon. Have watched Gladiator, Braveheart, and Shawshank Redemption over the last 3 days. Might watch The Godfather tonight. She’s never seen any of these movies. What other classics should we watch?
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Grand Budapest Hotel

Lord of the Rings trilogy

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol

Novel Coronavirus

yeah, it's been known GM is i think already producing ventilators, now Ford, Tesla had jumped in as well, and Apple is donating masks....i'm sure they won't be the only ones that wind up participating in some way/shape/form. if capacity for beds does become as big a problem as it could, then i'd imagine you'd see the national guard/military used to help set up temporary locations for treatment/ICU.

it's a hard thing to manage. everything about inventory control says you should only keep on hand what you WILL use in a given time frame, based on lead times and some other factors, so it's understandable why anyone would decline "extra" inventory, for the sole purpose of having extra. this type of product, while critical, represents only cost. they have to be replaced regularly, and will never generate an penny of revenue. it's literally dollars on shelves.

presently, it looks foolish now to hear stories of anyone having turned down some of these supplies however many years ago....but i would imagine that if these officials would have spent taxpayer money on that extra inventory, there'd of been criticism of that as well. for the private hospitals and other medical industry private service providers, as mentioned earlier, many of these items are purchased and stored based on current use rates, relative lead times and costs/unit, and many are considered "overhead", and they're trying to keep those costs as consitstently stable as possible....and i doubt their respective boards of trustees would be approving large capital expenditures for the sole purpose of creating inventory.....when your goal is to keep inventory levels as low as possible and still meet the demand for use. i would imagine that many products have been moved to a JIT cycle to reduce inventory even more....if not eliminate it all together.

this virus is a ginormous exception to the rule....and i don't see how anyone could plan for something like this, so while im really frustrated my wife is having to re-use her 1 mask, and still has no face sheild or goggles, i understand how/why we got here....and it's not really anyone's fault, from a supply standpoint. even if there were "emergency" inventory, i would bet that it would fall short, probably by a wide margin still, of what is need RIGHT NOW across the country.

this is an opportunity for Amercian manufacturing to to step up and perform. it's happened in the past when called upon, and i'm sure it will again, and soon, we'll see these supplies going out....

this should be a very active week all the way around.....

You can't go wrong with any of these following movies:

Silence. Inglorious bastards. The Grey. Goodfellas. Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind. Shutter island. Hell or high water. No country for old men. Nightcrawler. The master. Inception. Interstellar. LotR. Jurassic Park.
not a bad list. but lotr may not be for some.....

i'd throw in the big lebowski and the wolf of wall street.....and gotta have some Tarantino in there somewhere, outside of IB....

Reactions: Catbone
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back