Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a epidemiologist from Stanford. Would he count as someone not to ignore? He disagrees with you.

In the coronavirus pandemic, we're making decisions without reliable data

He has fair arguments, although I'm not sure why he thinks it will stop at 1% of the total population. As for the ship, half of the cases are still outstanding. We don't yet know how that will resolve.

He is absolutely correct that we don't know what the numbers will be. We do know that Italy is already at the point that they aren't treating people over 60. It was 65 a week ago. Might be 55 soon. I'm 55. That scares me.

He has fair arguments, although I'm not sure why he thinks it will stop at 1% of the total population. As for the ship, half of the cases are still outstanding. We don't yet know how that will resolve.

He is absolutely correct that we don't know what the numbers will be. We do know that Italy is already at the point that they aren't treating people over 60. It was 65 a week ago. Might be 55 soon. I'm 55. That scares me.

This could get political quick

We are all scared about the virus and our way of life. My point was not all the people in the field agree and you made an absolute statement about not listening to experts in the field. Like I was saying earlier, no one really knows squat even among those you mention who we should be listening to. The experts in the field don’t agree and you made it sound like they did. You are not being purposely disingenuous but a guy in the field as a doctor at a legitimate institution such as Stanford has a different take.

This isn’t a sensible solution, mostly because people aren’t going to abide by it.

I would guess people will tolerate this for another month or so. At that point, they better be able to show some light at the end of the tunnel or people are just going to ignore the directives.

Praying that some of these proposed treatments are effective, and that maybe a warm start to spring will give us a reprieve.

We are all scared about the virus and our way of life. My point was not all the people in the field agree and you made an absolute statement about not listening to experts in the field. Like I was saying earlier, no one really knows squat even among those you mention who we should be listening to. The experts in the field don’t agree and you made it sound like they did. You are not being purposely disingenuous but a guy in the field as a doctor at a legitimate institution such as Stanford has a different take.

My purpose has never been to predict outcome, only to explain why governments all over the world are doing the things they are. I'm sure there are many conflicting opinions among well-meaning experts, but judging by his changed tone and stance, somebody has convinced Trump it really is a problem.

No one in their right mine would say it isn’t a problem mainly because it wasn’t taken seriously before. New York looks like a big problem but elsewhere except maybe Cali, it seems to not be exploding like wildfire. We will have a better idea I think by April 1.

I agree completely.

No one in their right mine would say it isn’t a problem mainly because it wasn’t taken seriously before. New York looks like a big problem but elsewhere except maybe Cali, it seems to not be exploding like wildfire. We will have a better idea I think by April 1.
I’ve been offered multiple times to go to NY because I have Hospitalist experience. I keep saying no because of the risk. I told my wife what they are offering and she was “you should go”.

😂WTF

IIjrr39B.jpeg

Louisiana has the highest transfer rate in the world right now.

I’ve been offered multiple times to go to NY because I have Hospitalist experience. I keep saying no because of the risk. I told my wife what they are offering and she was “you should go”.

😂WTF

bet you have a good life insurance policy as well AND saw a pic of your wife once, she would then be available and rich, yeah, you should go 😂

Btw, for any fellow golf fans out there, the Masters YouTube account has all of their past years televised final rounds.

They’re almost as good as the marble racing. Currently watching 1975.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back