Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except 98% of cases are not yet resolved in the US (recovered/discharged/dead).

Out of 362 closed cases in the US - 237 died (65%). NOT saying this is the mortality rate. Not at all. Only an example to how ineffective calculating a mortality rate can be right now. Is using closed cases best? Unlikely, too little volume of data and mild cases have not been reported at all. Is using total open cases best? Unlikely, it takes weeks to resolve. There is no best answer here.

On one hand - there are only 372 closed cases out of 18,393 total. How many more will die before having a resolution? This thing can take something like 2 weeks to fully resolve. 59% of open cases have come only within the last 5 days.

On the other hand- how many infected were never tested and not included in the denominator at all? Likely a great number of people.

Last "what if" - how many died, but did not have an autopsy to reveal it was COVID. I'd say it is likely not many, jmo. But how many very poor or rural or stubborn individuals passed away at home without ever knowing the cause? It will happen as well.

At this point it just seems a little disingenuous for the twitter account to act like there is a solved mortality rate for the U.S., when most cases won't be resolved for weeks. Once you have a large number of cases that have ran their course, then maybe you can at least begin to extrapolate some range for the mortality rate.

NOT that a 1% mortality rate is anything to scoff at. Significantly worse than the common flu, by an order of magnitude of 1.

I very much agree with this. But isn't this precisely the tactic many are using to frighten everybody, whether intentional or not? They're using speculation, opinion, very preliminary data, or data taken out of context. Of course, some are using false data or info. It's not helping.

I pretty much ignore everything that isn't from the CDC or Dr Fauci or Ambassador Brix. Btw, Dr Fauci says expect a few more weeks of this before things get better. Much better than what some would have you believe. We'll see if it's true.

Let’s have a different take on it... what are some positives in your life since Corvid-19 hit?

I’m spending more time with my wife and kids. I’m spending less on gas and toilet paper
The memes have been awesome.

For the most part the pathetic political negativity and divisive talk has stopped, except for a couple wannabe presidents who just can't help themselves.

Just got a call. I’m no longer seeing patients face to face. Will do visits through telemedicine. 🙏
You may be able to answer this question, I’ve been hearing from different people that there is 2 different types of this virus. One is worse than the other? Or is there only one?

Moose doing work in Alaska

IdolizedFabulousIrishsetter-max-1mb.gif

Just got a call. I’m no longer seeing patients face to face. Will do visits through telemedicine. 🙏

At my place, we’ve been on lock down for two weeks now, no one coming in, except essential personal and until they fill out the questionnaire of symptoms and travel, then we take the temps. They also have to have gloves and masks on. I’ve been floored by how many in the healthcare that come through my building that are irritated and dismissive of the protocols.

At my place, we’ve been on lock down for two weeks now, no one coming in, except essential personal and until they fill out the questionnaire of symptoms and travel, then we take the temps. They also have to have gloves and masks on. I’ve been floored by how many in the healthcare that come through my building that are irritated and dismissive of the protocols.
Healthcare workers are the worst when it comes to following rules 😂. It applies to everyone else but us

There will probably be a second wave of this in the fall when the weather cools back off. Medicine has advanced but this virus is similar to the Spanish Flu and will likely pop back up again before its over. This isnt going to be over in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Skipped through several pages of stupid virus post. Unless any of you mother **ckers has a cure available, lay off this shi*! You aren't helping anything.

As for me...ALL of my companies are still running under one policy. We're open. If you want to work, you will get paid. If you don't want to, you won't get paid.

That may change in the future, but for now, that's what I'm going with. I'm not going to fire anyone based off of their decision though.

Like it, hate it...that's up to you.

There’s your first problem. Here’s my ranking of least favorite people to deal with:
  1. Lawyers
  2. David Ubben
  3. HR people
  4. Land developers
  5. Communists

I'd add car salesmen to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back