Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU ARE GOING TO GET THIS AND PASS IT ALONG REGARDLESS!!!!!!
First of all, I don't think that's true. I realize we can take reported figures from China with a grade of slaw, but they've got a billion and a half people...with 80,000 infections. So, I'm not ready to concede that everyone's going to get it.

Second, as @UT = Checkmate pointed out, even if we are all going to get it, we've got to do everything we can to pace the rate of infections so that our health care system doesn't collapse and turn into Italy. In turn, our citizens that do contract the virus/disease will have the best shot at survival.

But please, by all means, keep up with the "why don't we all just get infected at once, let those with weaker immune systems/underlying conditions die, and get this over with as quickly as possible."

First of all, I don't think that's true. I realize we can take reported figures from China with a grade of slaw, but they've got a billion and a half people...with 80,000 infections. So, I'm not ready to concede that everyone's going to get it.

Second, as @UT = Checkmate pointed out, even if we are all going to get it, we've got to do everything we can to pace the rate of infections so that our health care system doesn't collapse and turn into Italy. In turn, our citizens that do contract the virus/disease will have the best shot at survival.

But please, by all means, keep up with the "why don't we all just get infected at once, let those with weaker immune systems/underlying conditions die, and get this over with as quickly as possible."
Please kiss my ass, I am on the front like in this. I take sick people without vehicles to hospitals all day, and my wife is the activities director of a adult day care facility, and they are talking of closing down her work.

We are and have been for a long time germophobes before this crap ever came along due to the fact my lungs were nearly destroyed by infections incurred in 11,12 and 13...but by all means keep up with the "I don't care how many people this destroys we gotta keep that curve flat"

You can think what you will of me and I don't give a crap. I care, but I also know this is like trying to catch the wind unless everything they have been telling us about it is a lie.

The fact remains...we cannot shut the world down indefinitely to stop this..this ain't communist China.

Having said all that in the other post...I am also sorry...my nerves were already stretched to the breaking point before this insanity ever came along.

Please kiss my ass, I am on the front like in this. I take sick people without vehicles to hospitals all day, and my wife is the activities director of a adult day care facility, and they are talking of closing down her work.

We are and have been for a long time germophobes before this crap ever came along due to the fact my lungs were nearly destroyed by infections incurred in 11,12 and 13...but by all means keep up with the "I don't care how many people this destroys we gotta keep that curve flat"

You can think what you will of me and I don't give a crap. I care, but I also know this is like trying to catch the wind unless everything they have been telling us about it is a lie.

The fact remains...we cannot shut the world down indefinitely to stop this..this ain't communist China.
I just don't understand why you have to be such a bastard about everything. I work in a hospital, so I think I also have some perspective. We are trying to figure out how we handle it if 2x, 5x, 10x, 20x of our ED capacity shows up at once. Do you think any clinicians are looking forward to the possibility of Italy-esque decisions about who gets a chance to live and who gets the "well, you've had a good run...good luck!"?

And then you do a second post to feign being apologetic?!?! Save it for someone who cares.

You act like you are the only one in the f@#$ing world with hardships. Get over yourself.

@Freak, if I've earned a temporary, or even permanent, vacation I'm fine with that. I'll be pulling for the Vols regardless!

I am one of those people. This has already cost me and my wife personally 2 days of work due to cancellations. That is about 180 to 200$ in lost wages so far, and our companies have told us to expect a lot more of that. We barely scrape by when everything is going well.

That is not counting the thousands I have lost in inheritance money in the last week and a half because of the stupid stock market panic.

Not to make light of your situation but there are a lot of weirdos out there who would probably pay you to shout obscenities at them while they are dressed up in Kentucky or Bama gear.

Maybe you should advertise....and then you can convert them to the Lord and/or UT afterward.

Listening to President's press conference, sounds like there will be relief for those who are losing work due to this hell. Hope this is true.

If FEMA can give checks to major and minor hurricane victims the this should be a system where they can help.

Hell, I'd threaten to tax the ish out of Jeff Bezos if he doesn't agree to provide relief funds.

Reactions: TennacJed
Folks - this is a momentary affliction. Painful, but temporary. Try to stay positive, lean and healthy as we work through the short term layoffs and missed paychecks with some. Help one another as you feel led. Once this Chinese virus recedes over the coming weeks things will roar back stronger than ever. Be ready at that point to even upgrade your employment if the opportunity presents itself. As a nation we will be better prepared going forward. A lot is being learned and adjusted.

I do think it is a good time for personal reflection, to be with family, and to get healthy mentally and physically. I have run/walked 4 of the last 5 days, and several times with my young kids. I know it will be tough on some. My budget will probably shrink a bit, but we are also not going out to eat or be entertained either, which helps. There are positives for these kinds of situations.

I am one of those people. This has already cost me and my wife personally 2 days of work due to cancellations. That is about 180 to 200$ in lost wages so far, and our companies have told us to expect a lot more of that. We barely scrape by when everything is going well.

That is not counting the thousands I have lost in inheritance money in the last week and a half because of the stupid stock market panic.
I feel you. My wife is a caterer and she has lost every job she had for this month. All of her corporate clients have said they are shutting down catered lunches for the next month at least. Now her brides are calling to cancel weddings in april. It is rough everywhere.

There were some Chinese dissidents that claimed the effect was highly under publicized by the Chinese government. He claimed 50,000 deaths in Wuhan

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I agree. I think the unknown is it, in part. But what about all the other unknowns we've had--sars, swine flu, ebola, etc.? We didn't react nearly the same to any of those. I think it's a combination of 2 things.

1. the media is taking advantage of this big time to create attention, reporting anything that serves that purpose whether it's from a reliable source or not. It's created the hysteria that has put tremendous pressure on governments at all levels. It's like they're reporting every single case, especially every sad situation. Imagine if they did the same with the flu or ebola or … Under that pressure no one wants to be the one that's accused of doing too little.

2. It's an election year. Enough said, but.... Politicians and politically-minded people are looking for an advantage, any way to take down their rival. This president is loathed by many and they're hoping to cause him to blow this or ruin the economy. He feels he must take drastic measures to keep them at bay. I believe much of this is political.

All I can point to is the health professionals. And...no, I'm not talking about someone like Dr. Sanjay Gupta on CNN either. Ask your doctor or friends who are doctors.

They may not all have the same viewpoint, but I am pretty sure most will. I was told last Monday that it is probably a little overblown, however, it is something to take seriously and be cautious. As he said, we have a vaccine for the flu that greatly effects its mortality rate. This is something that doesn't have a vaccine and is highly contagious. Swine flu is a flu strain, and SARS wasn't nearly as serious. I just encourage people to discuss this with people they know and trust instead of just assuming things on your own.

There were some Chinese dissidents that claimed the effect was highly under publicized by the Chinese government. He claimed 50,000 deaths in Wuhan
I'm not shocked at all by that information. But it's a far cry from what they've (under)reported to making the assumption that "we're all going to get it."

I just don't understand why you have to be such a bastard about everything. I work in a hospital, so I think I also have some perspective. We are trying to figure out how we handle it if 2x, 5x, 10x, 20x of our ED capacity shows up at once. Do you think any clinicians are looking forward to the possibility of Italy-esque decisions about who gets a chance to live and who gets the "well, you've had a good run...good luck!"?

And then you do a second post to feign being apologetic?!?! Save it for someone who cares.

You act like you are the only one in the f@#$ing world with hardships. Get over yourself.

@Freak, if I've earned a temporary, or even permanent, vacation I'm fine with that. I'll be pulling for the Vols regardless!

Alrighty then..have a nice day 🙋‍♂️

Reactions: Chuckie
My wife and I have owned a photography business for nearly 15 years now. This is our busy season. So far in the last two days I’ve lost $17,000 in revenue coming in the next 6 weeks. We survived the financial crisis in 2008 fine- but this one may eat us up. Also, as someone with an autoimmune disease- stay away from people please.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I'm not shocked at all by that information. But it's a far cry from what they've (under)reported to making the assumption that "we're all going to get it."
I'm not a good one to judge people on this situation because I could probably live for 3 months on the contents of my pantry etc. As long as the electricity doesn't fail. But we are the closest thing there has been to the Armageddon that the "preppers" have been anticipating, so I'm afraid we're just going to have to play it by ear as to how it will affect society long-term. I just wish both sides of the political spectrum would stop trying to maneuver the situation try to take control.

Also that wasn't feigned, and you were just as big an ******* as me in that exchange.

I've hesitated to wade in on this, and will do so only on the hopes that it might genuinely persuade some and possibly save lives. I imagine it will ruffle feathers, and some will lose respect for me but I'll go ahead because if I am out to just placate the crowd, I'm of no use.

In regard to the response of the Christian, or "church goer" continuing to attend public worship services, (church is a people, not a building)...

He (Jesus) answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” - Luke 10:27

I propose to you that when my "loving of God" is at odds with "loving my neighbor" there is a breakdown between understanding and application because the two should always be inextricably joined at the hip. We are all free to express our faith in this country so long as it does not infringe upon the freedoms of others. In my opinion, the attendance of public worship services at this time is not "loving your neighbor" as this will clearly increase the risk of spreading the virus. If you are looking for any type of scriptural reference regarding outbreaks, the Old Testament gives clear instructions to practice "social distancing" to stop the outbreak. There are no edifications to just drum up some more faith and carry on.

I am a man of faith and reason. If the practicing of my "great faith" puts my neighbor at risk, am I that much different than the religious extremist terrorist who is only concerned with how he is expressing his faith and does not consider how it will affect those whose lives he will destroy as he cries out "God is great!"? This is a strong statement that will offend many, but I urge you to consider it before you dismiss it.

Fortunately, the Corvid-19 virus has literally 0 affect on how I love God. My Sunday morning attendance denies me the fellowship of my brothers and sisters, but we will come together again soon enough. God doesn't live at your church or my church. You may feel an emotional tie to attending that collection of bricks, carpet and seating but God transcends all of that. As for my worship of God, I carry it with me wherever I am. As for loving others, for most of us, the best way we can do that is to physically be out of their presence. Give a call, video chat, pray over the phone, safely bring food to those who cannot get out... there are a lot of ways to love others, but in this season, it must be with caution, not stubbornness masked as faith.

______

Those are my thoughts in a quick sitting. Once again, my intent is not to condemn or inflame, but it's my current rambling thought on the matter.

If you hate what I've said, please save the reply and just write to me all of your hateful words at UlyseesE.McGill@gmail.com I'll be reading them all.

How is having faith in god stupid?
You might not understand her faith but to call it stupid is very disrespectful!!!!
You don't have to put yourself and others at risk to have faith in God. He gave us a brain to reason out proper choices. She is an adult and is not breaking any laws, but I do understand why her family would be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back