Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t give anyone the courtesy wave anymore. I pulled up to an intersection and this little old lady was across from me, so I decided to be nice and allow her to go first. Gave the wave and she just pulls out right out in front of another vehicle. Luckily there was no accident, she undoubtedly thought everything was clear. That was my last courtesy wave
What I understand from this is you hate old people

Flu vaccines aren't even all that effective. And it just goes to show that almost any viral infection can be fatal given enough infections and examples to look at, regardless of health, age, history, complications, etc.

Child deaths from flu:
  • 2003-04 flu season: 152
  • 2004-05 flu season: 39
  • 2005-06 flu season: 41
  • 2006-07 flu season: 68
  • 2007-08 flu season: 88
  • 2008-09 flu season: 133
  • 2009-10 flu season: 282
  • 2010-11 flu season: 123
  • 2011-12 flu season: 37
  • 2012-13 flu season: 171
  • 2013-14 flu season: 111
  • 2014-15 flu season: 148
  • 2015-16 flu season: 85
  • 2016-17 flu season: 110
  • 2018 flu season: 179

Have no idea how you can say the vaccine is not effective. It’s effective with regard to the mortality rate. If you look up the numbers, at least 75%+ (sometimes 80-90%) of pediatric flu deaths are from unvaccinated kids. Basically, if kids get vaccinated, they are more likely to survive it, even if they get it.

This year, the last number I saw was a minimum of 20 million in the US got the flu. But there is a low mortality rate, and the vaccination is very much a key part of that.

That is why doctors are a little more concerned about coronavirus. Sure, healthy people can survive it, but there is no vaccination, and it’s the fear of the unknown.

Flu vaccines aren't even all that effective. And it just goes to show that almost any viral infection can be fatal given enough infections and examples to look at, regardless of health, age, history, complications, etc.

Child deaths from flu:
  • 2003-04 flu season: 152
  • 2004-05 flu season: 39
  • 2005-06 flu season: 41
  • 2006-07 flu season: 68
  • 2007-08 flu season: 88
  • 2008-09 flu season: 133
  • 2009-10 flu season: 282
  • 2010-11 flu season: 123
  • 2011-12 flu season: 37
  • 2012-13 flu season: 171
  • 2013-14 flu season: 111
  • 2014-15 flu season: 148
  • 2015-16 flu season: 85
  • 2016-17 flu season: 110
  • 2018 flu season: 179
Vaccines are very, very effective. Probably a Top 10 scientific/medical advancement in human history. Are they a perfect prevention method? No, and it’s likely nothing ever will be, but if we can prevent 25-75% of people from getting it in a given year then that is incredibly substantial. As for child death numbers, you should be comparing those to those of 100+ years ago.

Yeah, it's very difficult now, financially an availability, to "buy American" now but even when it was more of a realistic option, we made the same choices.

Plus, I think internet hand sanitizer, etc., guys have proven that greed isn't the sole property of corporations. They may have a bigger and more visible impact but it's not like the rest of us are innocent.
I am going to actively start only buying items made by Americans or basically any trade partner that is not China. I wish the freakin Mexicans could get their crap together. I would rather buy Mexican or Indian made than Chinese or Indonesians.

Screw the Chinese..we all need to unite in this...

Yep. But the kicker is... We simply can't make the same product here as cheaply as China can.

Two reasons.. Here we've implemented and enacted rules, regulations and laws that have bare minimums for labor, environment, tax, healthcare, finance etc... That all has price tags to it that ultimately consumers have to incur.

Most of which shouldn't be needed.. But frustratingly are, or had been at one time at least.

China, Asia in general, doesn't have those those constraints, at least not to the degree that is impacted their ability to keep cost of goods at a level that still makes it more advantageous to make it on the other side of the planet, and transport it to who wants to buy it. (Can say similar things about NAFTA and moving so much farming and manufacturing to Mexico as well..)

Which, of course they're doing probably at great expense to the labor force who is likely under paid, lacks in benefits, and probably works in what we would consider less than ideal or even safe conditions... Same in regards to environmental impact and overall business practices by the industry, and government, over there.

The difference? They're Communists. There will be no labor or environmental revolution. As long as the Chinese communist party benefits from how things are done... It will continue.

And we have no choice right now because we aren't equipped to replace them from a manufacturing standpoint ourselves... Neither is any other Western capitalist economy. It's one of the primary reasons inflation rates for the West have stayed relatively flat.. Or at least rising at consistent levels..for as long as they have. the American dollar has value because it's such a large consumer of goods world wide. I think if we started moving a majority of mfg back here in a knee jerk reaction, inflation would spike relatively quickly....

So it is what it is.. This didn't happen over night... And it won't get fixed over night... Or in the next presidential term, regardless of who is elected...

Man. I need sports.🤣
People need to start being willing to pay more.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Which will be higher after isolation periods, the spike in birth rates or the spike in divorce rates?

Or a spike in gaining weight from drinking more beer. I was doing so good to start the year and going a week or two at a time without any alcohol. If the government is going to make me stay home with 4 kids, I am not that disciplined.

Pet peeve time:

4 way stop. The other car clearly arrives before your own car, coming to a complete stop. You decide to courtesy wave the first car since they seem to not know how this works. They then reject your courtesy wave with their own courtesy wave, delaying the whole interaction when they should have gone to begin with, and you inevitably drive off first
3 seconds and I’m going no matter what

Have no idea how you can say the vaccine is not effective. It’s effective with regard to the mortality rate. If you look up the numbers, at least 75%+ (sometimes 80-90%) of pediatric flu deaths are from unvaccinated kids. Basically, if kids get vaccinated, they are more likely to survive it, even if they get it.

This year, the last number I saw was a minimum of 20 million in the US got the flu. But there is a low mortality rate, and the vaccination is very much a key part of that.

That is why doctors are a little more concerned about coronavirus. Sure, healthy people can survive it, but there is no vaccination, and it’s the fear of the unknown.
I don't know if it is the main reason or not, but me and the wife have gotten flu vaccines for 12 - 15 years and neither of us has sniffed the flu of any sort. Now she does work in a hospital and I am 60 with type 1 juvenile onset diabetes so both of us are in what some would call high risk situations.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
DSC06211-Pro-Green-Synthetic-Turf-Systems-1200x1200.jpg

Easy fix!!!!
Where's dis?

I see all these post about grocery stores being empty, no to, etc.

Florida must be more used to disasters because I have yet to witness any of this. Oustide of an extended spring break from school, I've seen no effects of any panic.

Maybe the warm weather is helping.
No. Just more older people.

The PGA Tour has tournaments scheduled weekly each year. There's no room for them to reschedule the Players Championship because of their schedule. I kinda doubt the Masters will be rescheduled this year for the same reason. Plus, they take great pride in putting on the best show on grass and the Azaleas are a big part of their show. We'll see how it shakes out but first someone had to get this virus under control.

I was thinking the same thing. There isn't any free weeks on the schedule. I don't see how they can reschedule the TPC or Masters. The two that I most love out of all of them.

This shiz getting outta hand!! Don’t know how many skiers are in here, but they’ve **** down virtually every ski slope in the nation down, some for the rest of the year! My friends just got to Tahoe two days ago and are flying home now.
Ohio has ordered the shut down of restaurants and bars, and may cancel school for the remainder of the year. WV is suspended indefinitely, but sounds like April 10th is the earliest they could go back.
Glad I’m in a recession/crisis proof industry! Alcohol and tobacco sales this weekend have been unreal! Topping holiday and NYE sales! Guess folks have their priorities?!
If this is a test of public reaction to a pandemic, Merica is failing!

This shiz getting outta hand!! Don’t know how many skiers are in here, but they’ve **** down virtually every ski slope in the nation down, some for the rest of the year! My friends just got to Tahoe two days ago and are flying home now.
Ohio has ordered the shut down of restaurants and bars, and may cancel school for the remainder of the year. WV is suspended indefinitely, but sounds like April 10th is the earliest they could go back.
Glad I’m in a recession/crisis proof industry! Alcohol and tobacco sales this weekend have been unreal! Topping holiday and NYE sales! Guess folks have their priorities?!
If this is a test of public reaction to a pandemic, Merica is failing!
And the mayor of Nashville is now requesting all the bars on lower broad to close. Heck, why just lower broad and not all bars in Metro Nashville if he wants to go to that extreme?

Our pastor during worship service this morning, by the way, our crowd was fairly normal, preached a great sermon on fear. He talked about the current situation with all the panic and hysteria and talked about past flus, virus etc. Bottom line and his main point was that the only fear that we should be focusing on is to FEAR the LORD our GOD. Did you know the words "Fear Not" are listed in the bible more than 100 times? I'm sure right now Satan is enjoying the hell out of this, no pun intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back