Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the published numbers have people aged 20-50 dying at a 0.2% rate. Yes, most will recover, but those are still scary numbers. If half of the people in the US get it, and those numbers are accurate, you could see 50-100k people in that 20-50 age range dying.

Sure, that is about what the seasonal flu kills every year, but the flu rarely kills people that young.
do we know that for sure, or, are we just conjecturing? flu kills people at the same clip man. if you're 60 or over or have a pre existing condition you need to stay at home.

if you have a fever, stay at home.

dont take any unnecessary risks.

wash your hands.

life goes on.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
do we know that for sure, or, are we just conjecturing? flu kills people at the same clip man. if you're 60 or over or have a pre existing condition you need to stay at home.

wash your hands.

life goes on.

No this thing is not on track to kill 50-100k people in the US lol. That’s insane.

Here is the tracker for the entire world. Including China which has been dealing with this since December and accounts for 52% of cases and 55% of deaths.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 155,861 Cases and 5,815 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

1516DEA3-9F33-4005-8DC8-3E8294F83952.jpeg

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
People pointing out how few have died and the number of cases.
AND pointing out all the extreme measures being taken on personal, business and government levels....but not mentioning the possible connection between the two.

Maybe all the "overreaction" is playing a part in keeping the numbers low? Like it's supposed to be?

People pointing out how few have died and the number of cases.
AND pointing out all the extreme measures being taken on personal, business and government levels....but not mentioning the possible connection between the two.

Maybe all the "overreaction" is playing a part in keeping the numbers low? Like it's supposed to be?
Maybe the low number is associated with lack of testing

...and without trying to downplay it, it will likely have no worse impact than the flu with those infections. Elderly and respiratory illness folks are in grave danger... just like flu. Everyone else will recover unless... God forbid, it mutates to something worse... which is the primary concern IMO

The biggest problem is the younger ones that get it and will be able to fight it off and be ok... but it spreads a long time before symptoms so they're mass spreading it to those vulnerable inadvertently.

Last edited:

wash your hands.

life goes on.

We know what has been published. COVID-19 is 10 to 30x worse than the flu, and has killed a significant number of young people that the flu wouldn't have killed.

We know what has been published. COVID-19 is 10 to 30x worse than the flu, and has killed a significant number of young people that the flu wouldn't have killed.

What are you talking about dude? No one under the age of 30 has died in South Korea. Almost all the individuals that have died from this have had preexisting conditions.

Last edited:
The death rate percentage is falsely inflated due to this as well. People who have minor symptoms and are never tested won’t be counted in the reported figures.
Bingo

We are about to see mass testing meaning numbers are going to be HUGE. People will panic even more focused on the spread. They will miss the fall in mortality rate.

Maybe the low number is associated with lack of testing

I get that. But my point is saying all the prevention is too much - BECAUSE the spread and death rate is low (even artificially) is counterintuitive.

It's similar to "I haven't had the flu once in the ten years that I've been getting the flu shot. Don't know why I bother."

The fact is we don't have enough data to know what's going on. I don't trust any numbers out if China. The numbers from South Korea look promising but the numbers out if Italy look bad. I think a lot of the panic and hysteria is because of the unknowns. Hopefully with the availability of these test over the next few days, we'll have a better understanding of this virus and how it's affecting individuals of all the demographics. One thing that seems undeniable is it is very lethal to older folks so my recommendation for older people is to stay the heck home and rely on others to do the dirty work for you. If you have to be in a risky situation, wash your hands and use hand sanitizer. Also, wear your mask and learn how to use it properly.

Bingo

We are about to see mass testing meaning numbers are going to be HUGE. People will panic even more focused on the spread. They will miss the fall in mortality rate.

Mortality is anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks from onset of symptoms. Deaths will peak well after new cases do.

Some of the published numbers have people aged 20-50 dying at a 0.2% rate. Yes, most will recover, but those are still scary numbers. If half of the people in the US get it, and those numbers are accurate, you could see 50-100k people in that 20-50 age range dying.

Sure, that is about what the seasonal flu kills every year, but the flu rarely kills people that young.
I’ve seen .1% of people treated in a hospital. No doubt thousands of others have had it unaware and recovered at home.

Statistics on this are hard since it’s a moving number that shifts moment to moment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back