Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always knew you were a 90 day fiance kind of guy.
giphy.gif

“just because he is white”? Wtf? Didn’t say that, so I’ll just ignore it.

Look at him play. He’s stumbles and bumbles around and constantly looks out of control. He’s way below average on the athlete scale. He makes up for it by being the hardest worker in CBB. It’s amazing how much he produces, but none of that production has come from his athleticism alone.
He's pretty athletic, IMO. There's no doubt Barnes and staff have done a fantastic job with his development.

Coordination stills falls under the umbrella of overall athleticism. He’s got slow feet too. He’s a heck of a basketball player. He’s one of my favorites. He’s still not very athletic. Don’t think it’s that hard to see.

Disagree completely, in fact I'd actually say Fulkerson's success is almost purely because of his overall athleticism.

He plays a bit wild, that's his style. Grant is the polar opposite type of player, very controlled and deliberate and when he exploded to the basket it was always planned.

I feel like Fulky is always in a mode of ad-lib, like he doesn't even know what he's going to do until he does it.

Last edited:
So, tell us about life before the wheel was invented. Not a whole lot of road trips I suppose.
Speaking of road trips, the one I will never forget was from Mid. TN to New Orleans for the '85 Sugar Bowl against Miami with 3 buddies. Oh, the stories I recollect from that trip just like it was last week. One of the buddies passed away from cancer several years ago but every time I meet and talk with either of the other two, we reminisce and chuckle about that trip.

Disagree completely, in fact I'd actually say Fulkerson's success is almost purely because of his overall athleticism.

He plays a bit wild, that's his style. Grant is the polar opposite type of player, very controlled and deliberate and when he exploded to the basket it was always planned.

I feel like Fulky is always in a mode of ad-lib, like he doesn't even know what he's going to do until he does it.

The idea that Fulky is not athletic is so ignorant. Athleticism is not about how you "look" moving from point A to point B. It's simply how quickly did you move from point A to point B. How high can you jump from point A to reach point B. He could certainly be described as having awkward athleticism. The movements are not fluid and lack grace. But he has quick feet, funs fast, has a very good vertical, and has very good hand eye coordination. How that gets summed up as not athletic is simply because he looks awkward doing it and it white. So its a lazy conclusion to reach. One gauge of athleticism that he is certainly below average on is strength. He lacks strength.

He looks like he is in a perpetual state of almost falling over. If you want to call that improv then more power to ya...

He looks like he is in a perpetual state of almost falling over. If you want to call that improv then more power to ya...

Unfortunately that's the problem.

I think part of that comes down to how he's defended too, he's not a heavy big and is mugged defensively. The amount of punishment the guy takes before even catching a post pass is astonishing. If he was in Kentucky Blue he'd average 20 free throws a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back