Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I carry a bersa thunder 380 when i carry. The barrel length and weight of the gun help make it more accurate than most lighter 380s, and it eats every kind of ammo.

4xgEBnU.gif

I went back and watched the last 7:30 or so of the game (about the time TN takes the lead). You guys weren't kidding. Refs tried really hard to get Kentucky back in the game.

Kentucky had nothing offensively, and the Vols did a good job on the offensive glass. Fulky did a lot of work, and Pons was huge in those last minutes. Vescovi also had some nice plays.

Can't blame the refs, Kentucky. They earned their extra pay.

That and the contrived “character concerns” some quacks are whispering about. Any personnel guy that interviews him and doesn’t want THAT on the team, shouldn’t work in the industry.

He’s a really unique player that was very productive. His situation reminds me of Danny woodhead. It’s gonna take the right fit but someone will take him.

I’m hoping the cardinals take him.

Reactions: butchna
Not sure why, but my favorite shooter has always been the bersa thunder 380

I don't even own one yet, but every time I get the chance I enjoy those little things so much

The Bersa is a good gun. I use a Ruger LCP9s when wearing a Bravo belt. Diamondback 380 with a Pocket Shot holster when carrying in pocket. Looks like a wallet and stays on when you pull to shoot. The DB is a bit finicky on the ammo it likes, but packs a strong punch and is accurate.

Lots of good choices for CC. Just find one that fits the hand well and is accurate that you trust.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I went back and watched the last 7:30 or so of the game (about the time TN takes the lead). You guys weren't kidding. Refs tried really hard to get Kentucky back in the game.

Kentucky had nothing offensively, and the Vols did a good job on the offensive glass. Fulky did a lot of work, and Pons was huge in those last minutes. Vescovi also had some nice plays.

Can't blame the refs, Kentucky. They earned their extra pay.

The usual from the refs. When its 60-40% against us we can usually survive. But when it gets worse it is too hard for this team to overcome.

Don't forget JJJ. He played his best half in a month when they needed it.

The Bersa is a good gun. I use a Ruger LCP9s when wearing a Bravo belt. Diamondback 380 with a Pocket Shot holster when carrying in pocket. Looks like a wallet and stays on when you pull to shoot. The DB is a bit finicky on the ammo it likes, but packs a strong punch and is accurate.

Lots of good choices for CC. Just find one that fits the hand well and is accurate that you trust.

Honestly have been more interested in a shaved snub nose. I feel like a revolver is just so dang reliable if I'm in a situation where I gotta pull...the first one not jamming would be ideal.

Reactions: Vols4us
I think Taylor & Callaway still are the first two taken.

I'm hoping all of our combine participants have a great pro day too. I think Warrior is also in the mix to be drafted pretty high. If I had to put a number on how many total I'd say 3 or 4.

Honestly have been more interested in a shaved snub nose. I feel like a revolver is just so dang reliable if I'm in a situation where I gotta pull...the first one not jamming would be ideal.

I understand and that's what you should do since that where your confidence is. There's no right or wrong. The more you hit the range the more comfortable you will be with whichever piece you choose.

We only have room for one more person total, right?

So if we took that NDSU linebacker, then no chase Haden or Zach Evans 🙄 right?

In transfer news, The Athletic has an article up about Jabril Cox, a 2 time FCS All American from NDSU. He wants to grad transfer for his final season to a Power 5 school. Dude's a versatile linebacker. According to the article, he literally got contacted by half of the FBS teams. He only followed coaches from three schools back: LSU, Bama, and the boys in orange. He could be a killer pickup for us.

That would be a game changer

I carry a bersa thunder 380 when i carry. The barrel length and weight of the gun help make it more accurate than most lighter 380s, and it eats every kind of ammo.

Po mans PPK, but a very solid CC choice. Haven't fired one for a while. Does it still come with that silly magazine disconnect feature?

Reactions: WarMachine
Haha normally I'd agree. My gf's company is sending her there for the weekend and footing the bill, and her boss is a UT alum as well so we're going to go watch somewhere. It's a pretty big game too.

We honestly do not have the best bars for watching sports as everything is targeted for tourism and beer, but here would be some suggestions from me:

-Packs Tavern- local all american sports bar feel
-Catawba Brewing in South Slope has large TV's and you could eat some Buxton Hall BBQ prior as its next door. Only thing is the sound can be limited here
-Hillman Beer in Biltmore Village supposedly has some TV's
-Bier Garden is crusty but has lots of TV's
-Wild Wing in South Slope if you just want something generic

Reactions: bigorange
JMO, but this is the type of player I see Roman Harrison turning into, hopefully in 2021 after Jabril moves on to the NFL!

He played both ways in HS and was their QB, I think he'd be a great fit. Looked like he had good speed too both in HS running away from people as a QB and in college tape getting to the ball.

I agree Roman could be this type of player for sure, exciting roster we got for this season.

He played both ways in HS and was their QB, I think he'd be a great fit. Looked like he had good speed too both in HS running away from people as a QB and in college tape getting to the ball.

I agree Roman could be this type of player for sure, exciting roster we got for this season.

Yea his athleticism jumps off the screen with those INTs and returns, just seemed to find the ball in those clips and was really fluid in his movements. But the body type, rangy, strong, just to me compares to the way Harrison looks in uniform. Would be great to plug this kid in and have Harrison be able to get another year to develop before really turning him loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back