Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family is good. Long day though. We woke up just in time to get our girls and get to the closet. We heard the rumble of the tornado and felt the low pressure but no damage at our house. Right over the hill from us is sheer and utter devastation...literally just hundreds of feet away. A couple at our church were two of the ones that died here in MJ. Our church has substantial damage as well. It’s just so close to home, literally and figuratively.

No time to reflect right now though. I’ll probably break down once I have time to breathe.

Y’all pray for everyone affected and for the ability of crews and people to continue the cleanup. I left the house shortly after it went by to administer Public Works efforts and just got home a little while ago. Gonna be a long day tomorrow and a long time of continued cleanup after that. Putting our heads down and working hard.

And just to prove that we’re the volunteer state, we had assistance from virtually every other Public Works agency around us. Without them, there’s no way we could’ve done what we’ve done so far. Through the devastation and heartache, that’s the silver lining.
😞

Reactions: VOLSONLY
One thing that most people forget about MJ is that the NBA put him in exile for gambling. That's why he tried his hand at baseball. Dude had, and still probably does, have a gambling problem. Think Pete Rose.
I know a lady who was a dealer and pit boss in New Orleans before Katrina, MJ lost a million at her table. He'd come in with Charles Barkley, and Barkley wouldn't sit by MJ because he refused to tip.

Reactions: Batman1948
My family is good. Long day though. We woke up just in time to get our girls and get to the closet. We heard the rumble of the tornado and felt the low pressure but no damage at our house. Right over the hill from us is sheer and utter devastation...literally just hundreds of feet away. A couple at our church were two of the ones that died here in MJ. Our church has substantial damage as well. It’s just so close to home, literally and figuratively.

No time to reflect right now though. I’ll probably break down once I have time to breathe.

Y’all pray for everyone affected and for the ability of crews and people to continue the cleanup. I left the house shortly after it went by to administer Public Works efforts and just got home a little while ago. Gonna be a long day tomorrow and a long time of continued cleanup after that. Putting our heads down and working hard.

And just to prove that we’re the volunteer state, we had assistance from virtually every other Public Works agency around us. Without them, there’s no way we could’ve done what we’ve done so far. Through the devastation and heartache, that’s the silver lining.
Glad you and your family are good man.

Favorite thing I’ve read so far..

All you people that just moved to this state, you’re about to find out why WE ARE THE VOLUNTEER STATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back