Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harrison might be a generational talent, but he’s not walking into a well oiled machine like Peyton or Tua or Lawrence did.

If healthy, I agree our OL should be one of the best in the SEC.

Gray hasn’t shown enough against good competition for me to consider him anything close to a Swift/NFL RB. Chandler might be laser fast, but he’s candy soft and doesn’t have too end speed to pull away.

Defense should be good, but DL still largely unproven as far as a guy that can get to the QB without having to bring extra pressure.

In general, too much youth. 2021 is when I expect a serious run at the SEC. 8-4 is reasonable and should be our floor. I’m in the optimistic camp, and think we beat one of the big four and go 9-3. Only thing that can get us to 10+ wins is a much improved Maurer or if Bailey lives up to the ridiculous hype. But if JG is starting we could be right back at 7-5.
If you really study football, you'll see a similar running style in Gray and Swift. The one cut(dead leg) and go is mostly what I mean. Again, football guys I'm sure know what I meant. As far as Ty he's been pulling away from defenders his entire career. His problem is lack of wiggle, definitely not running with toughness. The guy averages 5 yards a carry for his career. That's a first down every two carries, not bad playing in the SEC with a swiss cheese o-line up until midway through your Jr year.

Like Pruitt said, we need to raise our expectations. I guarantee you no one in that building, from the AD to the nutritionist, is expecting 8-4 next season. We finally look like a physically imposing SEC team now, and OU will find out first.

It seems I'm in the minority in not being worried about the pass rush next year. Towards the end of the year Kiven Bennett and Roman along with Toot affected the QB a lot. Crouch even almost got home a few times, those turn into sacks as the player gets older. Middleton seemed to get to the QB more and more as the season went along. So did Butler and Bumphus. We all know Gooden will. Tank will be a blitzing menace, same with Bryce. If you guys don't think a Pruitt D won't get to the QB and force picks then LOL @ you.

If you really study football, you'll see a similar running style in Gray and Swift. The one cut(dead leg) and go is mostly what I mean. Again, football guys I'm sure know what I meant. As far as Ty he's been pulling away from defenders his entire career. His problem is lack of wiggle, definitely not running with toughness. The guy averages 5 yards a carry for his career. That's a first down every two carries, not bad playing in the SEC with a swiss cheese o-line up until midway through your Jr year.

Like Pruitt said, we need to raise our expectations. I guarantee you no one in that building, from the AD to the nutritionist, is expecting 8-4 next season. We finally look like a physically imposing SEC team now, and OU will find out first.
Good post...….....and I like the way you think.

Yeah, but that’s kicking the van down the road one year. If Big O is as good as I think he’ll be, he could be the next great UT lineman and be gone in three. If they are Area 51 kind of projects, they could take the RS. I just don’t think this staff is going to redshirt for redshirts sake. They proved they’ll play/start a freshman with Tae and Bryce and 11.

And 64.

And 72.

And 3.

And 22.

And 25.

And 18.

Geez, the intern screwed us up big time. And that’s not even all the frosh that have started the past two years.

Yeah, but that’s kicking the van down the road one year. If Big O is as good as I think he’ll be, he could be the next great UT lineman and be gone in three. If they are Area 51 kind of projects, they could take the RS. I just don’t think this staff is going to redshirt for redshirts sake. They proved they’ll play/start a freshman with Tae and Bryce and 11.

And 64.

And 72.

And 3.

And 22.

And 25.

And 18.

Geez, the intern screwed us up big time. And that’s not even all the frosh that have started the past two years.

Hmmm had a premature Post Reply button push there. Thank God it's restricted to my fingers.

Just wanted to say I love that line "Area 51 kind of projects." Hadn't heard that one before.

They may have similar running styles, but Swift is a little faster and tougher to bring down. You'd expect a JR to be better than a FR though. I'm very excited about Gray this year. I hope Ty has a big year too, but both RBs need to be stronger through contact. There's a reason Pruitt grabbed multiple RBs this class, including a big bruiser like Whitehead, and were still after Evans. There's excitement about the talent in that room, but still a lot to be proven.

Still doesn't matter if JG is our QB. Our ceiling is 8-4 with JG. 8-4 is our floor if any of the other QBs step up.

Hank lauded Dooley’s offensive genius...tho he’d never been a coordinator. Managed not to destroy Lock’s career and that’s his standing achievement.

Bet 1000$ you can’t show me where i said Dooley was an offensive genius or are you just talking out of your ass again?

Bet 1000$ you can’t show me where i said Dooley was an offensive genius or are you just talking out of your ass again?
You said he had a brilliant offensive mind. You prolly already edited them, Hot Air Hood Rat. 😏 $1000 bucks huh? That your coke per diem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back