Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stats look about right to me. JJ's draft stock will be all about scheme fit. Callaway will be about teams needing a reasonably strong, low injury type possession WR who can do back shoulder, digs and high point well. More options for teams. Think they are both third day picks. Hope one or both gets lucky and goes second day.

He didn’t have a solid arm...at least not in terms of accuracy. Can’t glance at Jennings career as a WR and see a “waste”.

You're slightly twisting my words, Butch mishandling the dude's talent is wasteful isn't the same thing as saying Jennings' career as a WR was a waste. I mean based on what we've seen from JG in his time, and what Joshua Dobbs was at UT...I believe Jennings at QB would have been a closer "next Dobbs" than JG turned out to be. He was a 4 star .9289 #6th nationally ranked DUAL threat QB when he was recruited out of HS. A few QBs in that same class rated below him...Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Kelly Bryant

I do wonder what his career would have been like at QB though, I mean ultimately there's more opportunity for him to make the NFL as a WR but who knows how could he could have been.

Honestly JJ is about where I thought he’d be.

DWA kind of hurt himself I think. 4.92 official without great tape and nothing jumps off the page about him size wise. Wasn’t a bulldozer in the run game either.

Yeah he wasn’t used enough in my opinion on top of JG missing him when he was wide open he has really good hands for his size..may not be the fastest guy out there but he’s a bulldozer when he gets going.

You're slightly twisting my words, Butch mishandling the dude's talent is wasteful isn't the same thing as saying Jennings' career as a WR was a waste. I mean based on what we've seen from JG in his time, and what Joshua Dobbs was at UT...I believe Jennings at QB would have been a closer "next Dobbs" than JG turned out to be. He was a 4 star .9289 #6th nationally ranked DUAL threat QB when he was recruited out of HS. A few QBs in that same class rated below him...Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson, Kelly Bryant

I do wonder what his career would have been like at QB though, I mean ultimately there's more opportunity for him to make the NFL as a WR but who knows how could he could have been.

JG stats as a QB in high school we’re not impressive at all and I only think he received major offers because of his completion percentage

Just did a bit of digging.

Jennings Sr stats as a HS QB (according to 247): 2155 passing yards, 22 TDs, 3 INTs, 883 rushing yards, 13 TDs
JG's Career stats as a HS QB (according to 247): 3028 passing yards, 28 TDs, 13 INTs, 523 rushing yards, 12 TDs

Don't get me wrong JJ (especially this last season) balled out as a WR, but ya can't tell me with his size and fire he wouldn't have been a pretty damn solid QB compared to what we have had since Dobbs' departure.

Jennings I think is fine, hell if he runs again for the Pro Day and shaves some time off 4.73 he'll help himself out.

He's a "football player" someone will pick him up to be on there team, I just hope it's during the draft.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Blocking skill at WR is definitely a need. Jauan is one of the better blocking receivers in the draft. Physical skill not on display at combine.
So what, NFL teams do not draft WRs for how well they block. I think JJ gets drafted on the last day and plays long enough in the NFL to get his pension (99% sure it's 5 years).

Based on the NFL draft grading, this is the order the Vols will be taken.

1. Darrell Taylor
2. Marques Callaway
3. Jauan Jennings
4. Daniel Bituli
5. Dom Wood-Anderson

The last 2 being graded low enough to go undrafted...I think Bituli at a 5.4 Grade is grossly underrated though. Same analyst gave AJ Johnson a 4.9 Grade though...he seems to be doing alright.

Reactions: SoilVol
Based on the NFL draft grading, this is the order the Vols will be taken.

1. Darrell Taylor
2. Marques Callaway
3. Jauan Jennings
4. Daniel Bituli
5. Dom Wood-Anderson

The last 2 being graded low enough to go undrafted...I think Bituli at a 5.4 Grade is grossly underrated though. Same analyst gave AJ Johnson a 4.9 Grade though...he seems to be doing alright.

Where is Darrell Taylor projected to go? Day 2?

I think he would’ve sucked at QB and been converted to another position...like WR. Million stories about higher rated QBs never panning out. Aaron Rodgers had no stars coming out of high school and his only offer was to walk on at Illinois. But that’s the end of my take on this. Nothing proves you wrong on your opinion, but Butch Jones made enough real bad moves to preclude hypothetical ones to fret over...jmo.

I can't imagine a bigger waste of time than mock drafts even in the first round.
Just a whole bunch of incorrect guessing and postulating. Plus the occasional pandering & kissing up to Alabama and teams of the like.

It doesnt make sense to me. MLB and NBA have an audience problem. Who the hell suggested limiting their exposure by over pricing? If anything, it should lower. MLB and NBA will continue their decline in ratings and interest domestically. NBA has more leeway than MLB on that imo.

Yeah, it makes zero sense to most. I've only looked at Sinclair so far but they're an odd duck. Biggest in the business but known for lowering viewership in favor of control.

But doesn't hurt them much, they own so many, they're still filthy rich. In reality, they own more than the FCC allows. And a lot of politically motivated stuff involved, so I bailed like a hooker finding an empty wallet.

Yeah, it makes zero sense to most. I've only looked at Sinclair so far but they're an odd duck. Biggest in the business but known for lowering viewership in favor of control.

But doesn't hurt them much, they own so many, they're still filthy rich. In reality, they own more than the FCC allows. And a lot of politically motivated stuff involved, so I bailed like a hooker finding an empty wallet.
That's why the MLB and NBA need to bail from that deal. Badly. Lower viewership results in lower fans current and future. It's not complicated

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
JJ is the poster child for intangibles. Despite vertical, famous for winning jump balls.

Not hard to run down but matters less when you catch him and end up tackling nothing but dirt.

And the number of times he got open when the defense knew the ball was going to him. I'd take him but there's some possible bias.

That's why the MLB and NBA need to bail from that deal. Badly. Lower viewership results in lower fans current and future. It's not complicated

Yep. Starting to mirror the Nascar stuff. I know they were losing viewers yet still signed contracts that landed them primarily on the 2nd tier stations. FS1, NBCSN, etc..

Amazingly, turned out the same as all their other decisions...poorly.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back